collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:58:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 02:57:05 PM]

VAR by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:55:32 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:58:00 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 02:57:05 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by OCD
[Today at 02:56:00 PM]

Re: VAR by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:55:32 PM]

[Today at 02:52:54 PM]

[Today at 02:52:34 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 02:52:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 02:51:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: O'Neill talks about Villa  (Read 63591 times)

Offline Brian Taylor

Re: O'Neill talks about Villa
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 04:48:02 PM »
MoN is  trained in the Law and it may well be he delivers a few home truths at the Tribunal. he will present a good case for himself I have no doubt. Considering our position now he will not be viewed badly in terms of perfomance using league tables as guide.

I think both he and the club will use better-qualified legal teams than him.

That may well be the case and I don't doubt he'll use a Barrister..loser pays the bill.
You can be certain he is not going for a scoreless draw and the way we've been playing recently.. The timing of the case is intriguing don't you think? A month hence and we'll have a pretty good idea where we are and what future holds.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »
Agreed.  The timing is shocking.

Talk about kicking us when we're down!

As mentioned above, I'm guessing the courts decide the date of the actual hearing as opposed to either party.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »
Expect to see a lot more of him as he goes on a PR offensive to get the media on his side ahead of the tribunal.
I can see it know, poor little impoverished glasses wearing nerd was bullied out of his job by those in charge of the big nasty football club. "I only spent £70,000,000" he snivels, "and then, the nasty bigger boys wouldn't let me have any more money" he wails.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
MoN is  trained in the Law and it may well be he delivers a few home truths at the Tribunal. he will present a good case for himself I have no doubt. Considering our position now he will not be viewed badly in terms of perfomance using league tables as guide.

I think both he and the club will use better-qualified legal teams than him.

That may well be the case and I don't doubt he'll use a Barrister..loser pays the bill.
You can be certain he is not going for a scoreless draw and the way we've been playing recently.. The timing of the case is intriguing don't you think? A month hence and we'll have a pretty good idea where we are and what future holds.

Itr's interesting but purely coincidental. To start talking now, though, certainly isn't.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 04:54:15 PM »

He did a year of a law degree and reads books about serial killers. That's hardly trained in the law, to be fair.

If there's one thing that really boils my piss it's the urban myth that O'Neill has a law degree.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 04:55:34 PM »
It's almost as if he wants the club to settle without a hearing.

Offline damon loves JT

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »

He did a year of a law degree and reads books about serial killers. That's hardly trained in the law, to be fair.

If there's one thing that really boils my piss it's the urban myth that O'Neill has a law degree.

Risso, everything boils your piss. I would go so far as to say that your urine has an extremely low boiling point

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
"He did a year of a law degree and reads books about serial killers. That's hardly trained in the law, to be fair"

It's a year longer than my training in the Law!
You do not represent yourself in these matters. You get a top notch barrister. If you lose you pay costs. He will have learnt that much.
and he is up against a shite defence!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »
"He did a year of a law degree and reads books about serial killers. That's hardly trained in the law, to be fair"

It's a year longer than my training in the Law!
You do not represent yourself in these matters. You get a top notch barrister. If you lose you pay costs. He will have learnt that much.
and he is up against a shite defence!

*applause*

Offline Risso

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »

Risso, everything boils your piss. I would go so far as to say that your urine has an extremely low boiling point

Not so Mr Green, I think you'd be surprised by my incredibly relaxed demeanour were our paths ever to cross.  However, it is true that Villa's current predicament makes me a bit cross.   I would though argue that my musings on Off Topic are generally less tetchy.  Apart from on politics threads.  An religion.  And anything to do with banks,  I really hate those fucking bastards.

OK, so technically you might be right afterall.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »

Not so Mr Green, I think you'd be surprised by my incredibly relaxed demeanour were our paths ever to cross.  However, it is true that Villa's current predicament makes me a bit cross.   I would though argue that my musings on Off Topic are generally less tetchy.  Apart from on politics threads.  An religion.  And anything to do with banks,  I really hate those fucking bastards.

OK, so technically you might be right afterall.

Well, at least in this instance, we're all in it together ;)

Online Eckybloke

• GM : 06.06.2019
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 05:10:01 PM »

Risso is a vacuum, Risso is a vacuum..nah, nah, nah, naaah!

:D

Offline Risso

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »
Vacuous maybe.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »
Expect to see a lot more of him as he goes on a PR offensive to get the media on his side ahead of the tribunal.
He'll have no problem there, the media have ALWAYS been on his side.

Offline damon loves JT

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
I don't think it's to get the media on his side, it's a kind of veiled threat to the Villa. `Look how much coverage I can get. Imagine I was saying nasty things about you after an acrimonious tribunal hearing. How would you like that?'

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal