collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The run-in for the "looking" doomed  (Read 39610 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: The run-in for the "looking" doomed
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 07:56:21 PM »
Looking at the fixtures, Liverpool at home last game of the season and Houlliers interview:
"I don't like being relegated to the Championship, but if anyone was to relegate me, it should be Liverpool".

Reading that has given me a bit of a cold sweat,as i can imagine him saying that,with a gormless smirk on his face.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »
I'll say again, who would you replace him with?

Allardyce is available, don't get me wrong I think he is the devil incarnate but for eight games i think he would organise the team, particularly the defence, so we could eek out the points required to hopefully stay in the Premiership.
Yes, thanks Houllier, it will have come to that, i hate the style of Allardyce, but perhaps a short term appointment would save us ?

Relegation is a dreadful prospect, but Sam Allardyce managing Villa is even worse. In fact, he's the only obvious candidate I can think of who I'd say no to and keep Gerard at the moment.

I agree,most of us had grown tired of the football under MON,so Allardyce would only be worse. I know debating a new man gives us something more pleasent to think about than whats going on on the pitch,it just aint gonna happen. He will either take us down,or we will stay up by the skin of our teeth,either way it obvioulsy isnt working and he needs to go in the summer.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »

Allardyce is available, don't get me wrong I think he is the devil incarnate but for eight games i think he would organise the team, particularly the defence, so we could eek out the points required to hopefully stay in the Premiership.
Yes, thanks Houllier, it will have come to that, i hate the style of Allardyce, but perhaps a short term appointment would save us ?

Relegation is a dreadful prospect, but Sam Allardyce managing Villa is even worse. In fact, he's the only obvious candidate I can think of who I'd say no to and keep Gerard at the moment.

If the FA cup game against City showed us anything then it was the attitude is survival at all costs. I don't think we will survive with Houllier but I think we might with Big Sam as he will get a few results prefereably on a short term contract. Personally I found the Villa team fielded against Man City far more distasteful than the prospect of Big Sam managing the club (and I'm no big Sam fan).

As an aside it might be that that team is one of the causes of the current situation. Progression and confidence was up, most players want to play as often as they can and would want to get as far as possible in the FA cup and so that might have contributed to this perceived losing of the dressing room.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 08:04:24 PM »
Well, if he's lost the dressing room - it's down the corridor, out the door, across the car park, onto Aston Lane and just keep on walking until you are at least 2,000 miles away from our club.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »
No idea but we're down under Houllier.
Sid in the short term? Dullins and chair leg aside  - someone who bleeds claret and blue for the club. Then a more considered long term replacement in the summer

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 08:05:52 PM »
I can't remember many games that I saw Bolton play under Allardyce that were as bad as that piss poor effort we served up today.  Never mind Allardyce, I'd have Barry Fry or Trevor Francis ahead of Houllier.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
This time last year I would never have thought the words Villa and Allardyce would be connected together.

Jesus.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
This time last year I would never have thought the words Villa and Allardyce would be connected together.

Jesus.

I didn't think that 'Villa' and 'relegation' would be either.  Here's to 'Houllier' and 'P45'.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
I think we need at least 8 points to stay up.

That's two wins and two draws.

I think we will get only 5 points if SFB stays.  And 5 points is being generous.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »
I think we'll stay up, despite how awful today was. However, the fact we're going to cut it so fine is a disgrace. There are so many people to hold responsible for this, that if we shot them all, we'd be close to carrying out a pogrom.

The Newcastle and Wigan games are the two we have to win. If we then avoid defeat away at West Brrom and West Ham, we'll be fine. It's doable and we have the quality, time for that intangible quality of belief.

It puts so much pressure on the Everton game now. What a total farce. The Wolves were just as awful as us. To get beat in such a manner...

Time for Gabby to go up top. Balls to 4-5-1.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »

Jesus.

I didn't think that 'Villa' and 'relegation' would be either.  Here's to 'Houllier' and 'P45'.

Nope, what the fuck has gone so wrong? In fact I don't think I want to know, in fact can't we just rewind to last year when Dunne fucked up in the Cup Final, and changed it to he didn't cock up, we won, came 4th, won the FA Cup, MON got manager of year and then the Liverpool job at the end of the season. We installed the next Alex Ferguson as manager and............ losing 7-1 to Newcastle was the start of a very bad dream.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
There are so many people to hold responsible for this, that if we shot them all, we'd be close to carrying out a pogrom.

I think 'Nail on Head' is the correct term for that statement.

Offline russon

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2011, 08:26:41 PM »
everton (a) 0 points
newcastle (h) 3
west ham (a) 0
stoke(h) 1
west brom (a) 0
wigan (h) 3
arsenal (a) 0
liverpool (h) 1

I reckon we'll muster these 8 points and stay up by the skin of our teeth. What a crap season.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
No idea but we're down under Houllier.
Sid in the short term? Dullins and chair leg aside  - someone who bleeds claret and blue for the club. Then a more considered long term replacement in the summer

Ian Taylor.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »
Newcastle is no gimme.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal