collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Still no apology from the club!  (Read 34653 times)

Offline mattjpa

Re: Still no apology from the club!
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »
You now have your apology. Can you all stop having a little cry-fest and get back to supporting the team AND manager

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2011, 01:14:22 PM »
You now have your apology. Can you all stop having a little cry-fest and get back to supporting the team AND manager

I believe quite a few did this in Manchester last week. Following a previous apology, stonking home win and statement of intent from the manager, who then gave up.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2011, 01:15:34 PM »
You get more prize money for finishing 17th in the prem than you do for winning the FA cup, and long term the gap just widens.

I think that is a very simplistic argument if we are talking about finances.  Have you taken European football into account?  In addition there is the unquantifiable exposure that being a cup winner brings,  and the money that comes with it.   Anyway, let's move on....

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »
He apologised for not telling fans beforehand, that's all.
There's has been no apology for taking the decision that Aston Villa were no longer interested in competing in the FA Cup.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »
The thing is though guys, HAD we have won today if we didn't cock it all up, on reflection ppl would be much less annoyed and would of given Houllier the benefit of the doubt.

His reason on resting half the team on Wednesday was to have a full strength team today which gave him his best chances of winning. If we'd won today it'd be hard to complain because Houllier on reflection would have done the right thing and it'd be hard to criticize him because he was open in coming out saying what his intentions were.

I wish we'd played a better team on Wednesday because we'd all but be in the semi-finals again. We lost though. Just like we lost today.

However, you can't blame team selection and prioritising the league for our loss today. We all know why we lost. We lost because we missed a penalty and couldn't have any spine in the dying minutes.

It's time to move on though. Providing we stay up and are doing alright next season I think we'll see more intent from the manager next time.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
I think we'll all post better after a full pre-season.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:41 PM »
The irony was he rested the wrong players

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
I quite like the thought of having a manager who is willing to make decisions that will make him unpopular, if he feels it is the right decision for the club.

Some have labelled him a coward for Wednesday, on the evidence seen so far I would say he is quite the opposite.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »
I quite like the thought of having a manager who is willing to make decisions that will make him unpopular, if he feels it is the right decision for the club.

Some have labelled him a coward for Wednesday, on the evidence seen so far I would say he is quite the opposite.

That's a good point. 

You could see in his post match interview he clearly cares and was very frustrated with the way things went today.   

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
One of the board's mistakes since they took over has been to be too close to supporters, particularly those who are online regularly. This has meant amongst other things that we somehow feel entitled to explanations and apologies every time something goes wrong or a decision is made that we don't agree with. It would be nice if every club was as customer-friendly as ours but they aren't, and this is why.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
One of the board's mistakes since they took over has been to be too close to supporters, particularly those who are online regularly. This has meant amongst other things that we somehow feel entitled to explanations and apologies every time something goes wrong or a decision is made that we don't agree with. It would be nice if every club was as customer-friendly as ours but they aren't, and this is why.

I totally agree with this.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »

That's a good point. 

You could see in his post match interview he clearly cares and was very frustrated with the way things went today.   

Barry Hearn was on Talkshite on Thursday as I was driving up to Leeds. He said that a few years back he had the opportunity to buy the ground back from the council for £350,000 (for Orient). He said he was willing to foot it, so he went to the fans and asked them: What would you prefer? I buy back the stadium, and it's ours again, or I'll buy a new centre forward.

85% said a new centre forward.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »

he is completley mad, he is unpopular because he is making stupid decisions like Wednesday and after todays result he now looks a even bigger fool, Coward, Brave, i think he just doesn't know what he's doing, in a world of his own, shocking manager for us

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2011, 07:40:11 PM »

If he feels that Wednesday was right for the club, he's a fucking idiot.  There was no sign today that it was the right decision anyhow.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »

That's a good point. 

Embarrassed more like and so he should be, big salary, freedom and trust from the board and he is simply not delivering

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal