collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2010 Aston Villa accounts  (Read 22841 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: 2010 Aston Villa accounts
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »

However, this can't go on indefinitely. Unfortunately, we are not in a position where we can allow Ashley Young to let his contract run out and leave for nothing. In addition, we can't afford a new bumper contract to make him stay either.

Disagree, I'd say the money has always been there to reward the best players at the club and it should be even less of an issue now with a number of high earners off the books.

It's the mental wages on players by no means assured of even making the first team that needed to stop, and it looks like it has.

Offline Richie

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2011, 08:17:02 PM »
I agree that we are finally doing something about the players on mental wages who arent even in the first team - long overdue.

However, theres still a load of deadwood to be shipped out who arent interested in moving because they know they will never earn as much elsewhere, which basically means having to give them a pay off to leave as Man City did with Stephen Ireland.

I would be made up if we kept hold of Ashley Young, especially if he can reproduce Saturdays form on a regular basis. I just think that by refusing to discuss a new contract until the Summer, he is putting the Club in a very difficult position.

We did this with Gareth Barry and ended up getting about £6 million less in 2009 than we would have got in 2008 (although he was tremendous in his last season). I wonder given the financial results if the Club are prepared to lose even more money on a prized asset.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
88% of turnover on wages isn't good at all, I was well critical of Pompey when 90% of their turnover was going on wages and look where they ended up. Thankfully Randy won't just walk away like Gadymak did.

Obviously it's been done to death but when Spurs can get together a squad that gets 4th on 15m less than we have, you have to seriously ask questions of the previous manager which I would expect the media to start doing now. He left an ageing squad at Celtic remember on high wages.

I would expect a lot of the deadwood to go in the summer, Beye (please god), Warnock, Friedel, Luke Young just for starters, not even making the bench or 30 + and on high wages.

Some of those will need to be replaced, some like Beye won't, just promote Lichaj to reserve RB.

Someone like NRC, let him go as I'm confident Makoun and Delph can both display his energetic drive in midfield.

the most promising thing are the young lads have shown real promise this year, Clark and Albrighton have been two of our best players and Bannan and Baker have looked good in cameos.

Main thing now is to continue to look for cheaper players from abroad, Makoun cost less in fee and wages than Sidwell and keep promoting from within. This should keep us top half as despite this crap season, we're 1 point off it now with a good run in.

Obviously if we're to get back in and stay in the top 6 again will depend on how generous Randy is in underwriting more Darren Bent type deals.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »
A quick play with the calculator shows that a playing staff of 30 all equally on 50k p/w would generate that wage bill.

While I've no doubt its more complex than that, the figure is still appalling.

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »
Does anyone with access to these accounts know what the cumulative debt (the total of assets less liabilities or shareholders funds) is?

Offline Tezmond

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
Does anyone with access to these accounts know what the cumulative debt (the total of assets less liabilities or shareholders funds) is?

I've got them, but it's almost impossible to give you that figure. Assets are almost impossible to tally up, especially with "player amortisation". Added to the fact that I'm not an accountant, so everything is hidden in 5 different balance sheets (consolidated profit and loss, consolidated balance, company balance sheet, consolidated cash flow, reconciliation of net cash flow to movement in net debt) !!!

The final " reconciliation of net cash flow to movement in net debt" sheet, is probably the figure you're after which gives a net debt of £109.5m, but this is money owed - no account is taken for what we own (fixed and variable assets etc).

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
We'll be fine we own the serpentine land, the old asda and don't forget about stumps

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
and the media slated us for not giving o'neill more money...

wankers...

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
Doug ! ..........HELP!!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 12:46:51 PM »

Obviously it's been done to death but when Spurs can get together a squad that gets 4th on 15m less than we have, you have to seriously ask questions of the previous manager which I would expect the media to start doing now. He left an ageing squad at Celtic remember on high wages.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 12:48:13 PM »
We'll be fine we own the serpentine land, the old asda and don't forget about stumps

Doug sold the Serpentine and the old Stumps is worth hardly anything.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 01:16:13 PM »
How much did we get for the serpentine ? Did that money make it's way back into the club ?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
How much did we get for the serpentine ? Did that money make it's way back into the club ?
#

About £8 million and of course it did.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
Looks like doug sold that land at the right time, doubt you'd get anywhere near that now

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »
Looks like doug sold that land at the right time, doubt you'd get anywhere near that now

It was a very good deal, especially considering we still use the car park.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal