collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FA Cup draw  (Read 51087 times)

Offline WikiVilla

Re: FA Cup draw
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 05:48:26 PM »
Yes Heskey alone up front, Downing on the Right Wing & Gabby on the Left Wing
Can't wait

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »
A win v Blackburn and a shock win up at Eastlands and suddenly this travesty of a season might look a bit different.

Seven points off safety (based on the 40 point standard) and one winnable home tie away from an FA Cup semi.

We'll need to improve tenfold on recent performances though to have any chance of that.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »
Does anybody believe we're going to beat Man City?

Not a fucking chance, i'm sorry.

Agreed. Under Houllier we are a disorganised rabble, and it's inevitable that we'll lose this one.

Tripe.

We've improved since the New Year and have only lost 1 in 8 including a win against Man City and a draw at Chelsea. They've favourites but to claim it is inevitable is just lilly livered defeatism of the worst kind.

I remember clearly when we had the replay against them in the FA cup under O'Leary.
There was a big rallying thread on here with everybody saying that we would beat them.
When I dared to say we were not good enough I was told that 'I would eat my words'
We then get panned by a team that is nowhere near as good as their current side.

Nothing to do with me thinking we're a crap team, we're not.
It's just that they're infinitely better.

Realism.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 06:33:53 PM »
They had a better squad than us 3 weeks ago too and we won. Arsenal are better than Orient. Just because they should win doesn't mean that they will.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »
They're beatable and it's a good draw for us if we get through. 

With Bent being cup-tied, personally i'd play Fonz. We're not going to get many chances up there and he does seem to have the knack of putting his goals away.

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
They had a better squad than us 3 weeks ago too and we won. Arsenal are better than Orient. Just because they should win doesn't mean that they will.
We'll see.

We need to dig in and show some fight, which is where it falls down for me.

I hope i'm wrong.

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
With Bent being cup-tied
Fucking hell, i'd forgot about that.

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »
Yet the same people who say that are also saying that the Dog shit will be thrashed by Arsenal.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »

With Bent being cup-tied, personally i'd play Fonz. We're not going to get many chances up there and he does seem to have the knack of putting his goals away.

????  Is this the same Fonz that missed a hatful  at Fulham?  I've said it before and I'll say it again, that lad will not make it at the top level and if he was going to he would be a lot further in his development by now.  I'd play Gabby up front but he will play Heskey.   

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 06:43:12 PM »
Yet the same people who say that are also saying that the Dog shit will be thrashed by Arsenal.

On both sides it is wishful thinking. Okay, they are better than us, Arsenal are better than Small Heath or Orient but football is not science and anything can happen.

We can beat City and Blues can win the Carling Cup even though the probability is with the opposing outcome.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »

????  Is this the same Fonz that missed a hatful  at Fulham?  I've said it before and I'll say it again, that lad will not make it at the top level and if he was going to he would be a lot further in his development by now.  I'd play Gabby up front but he will play Heskey.   

I don't remember Fonz playing at Fulham. The last game Fonz started, he scored, which was the in the F.A Cup.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 06:50:38 PM »
We need to defend as we did when they came to our a few weeks back. However, that seems to be the execption rather than the rule.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »

I don't remember Fonz playing at Fulham. The last game Fonz started, he scored, which was the in the F.A Cup.

He did, he was on his own up front and missed a fair few chances.  I never really rated him anyway and that game was the final straw.  Of all the young players on the periphery of the 1st team he is the least likely to make it in my opinion and I certainly would not play him at Man City.  He has been overlooked by three managers now (a few cup games and the odd injury forced selection aside) and I can't see him getting a look in with Bent, Heskey and Gabby around. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:55:00 PM by Holtenderinthesky »

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »

He did, he was on his own up front and missed a fair few chances.  I never really rated him anyway and that game was the final straw. 

He made his first league start at Fulham and that was the final straw for you! Christ, I hope you're not as impatient in 'real life'. He missed a couple of decent chances in that game but like Bent he has far more of a knack of getting into goalscoring positions than Gabby and Heskey possess.

He was a couple of inches away from achieving ''legendary'' status at the ripe old age of 19 at the Sty the other week when he nearly got the winner with that fantastic shot that took two coats of paint off the crossbar.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
There is no reason  why we should not beat City. I think we will and than Everton at home is OK for a QF draw.

I am not in the camp that says Bluse have had it easy. This is their year for getting favouable draws. happens to all teams. Poor old Bburn  fans can't be happy about playing us but it happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal