collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we in trouble yet?  (Read 33203 times)

Offline WikiVilla

Re: Are we in trouble yet?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
Problem is we are playing all the teams that will be fighting and scrapping for everything, we must beat Blackburn and get the confidence back, it's simple
We won't see the best of bent or makoun til next year IMO
Won't we don't need in a dogfight is tippy tappy bollocks

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »

I hope you've written to the FA to let them know.

Run out of clichés?

Offline Ads

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2011, 12:48:15 PM »
Problem is we are playing all the teams that will be fighting and scrapping for everything, we must beat Blackburn and get the confidence back, it's simple
We won't see the best of bent or makoun til next year IMO
Won't we don't need in a dogfight is tippy tappy bollocks

They fight and scrap because they can do little else. Of course you have to work hard to match them, but quality is what makes the difference. Ourselves and Everton have more than most in this league, which is while we'll be alright, but the likes of Dinglehampton will go down.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
It's you that is suggesting we're too good to be relegated.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be decided by our position in the league table.

Sadly, our form since Geard took over in September is poor enough to see us relegated if it doesn't improve.

When we can't beat Fulham at Home or Blackpool away, it's difficult to say we're improving enough.

Offline Ads

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
I’m not suggesting it, I’m stating it. You’re the one quoting a nonsense cliché.

We’re three points off 8th place, three points off 17th. Our form of late suggests we’re past the brittle period, while the sides we’ve got coming up will give us more opportunities to beat them than most.

You go waste your money at William Hill as well if you like.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2011, 01:07:07 PM »
I don't know if we will be relegated or not. You seem to be certain that we can't possibly be relegated because we're too good, so why don't you go to Betfair and put your house on it?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »
We're not too good to go down, not by any means. If we're going to pull away, we needs to start killing teams off, like we should have yesterday in the first half and like other numerous games this season. Until then, it could well be uncomfortable.

Offline Ads

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
Maybe I already have. Maybe you'd like to make a table about my spending and compare it with Risso's and then complain about how I'm fiddling the tax.

I am stating now, that we're too good to go down, which is why we won't.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 01:11:47 PM »
Too good to go down? I could go with that if it wasn't for the fact that we've been absolutely shit for most of the season.

Offline Ads

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »
Too good to go down? I could go with that if it wasn't for the fact that we've been absolutely shit for most of the season.

We haven't though. We've been irritatingly average for most, with an horrendous dollop of "aaaaargggghhh!" thrown in from the end of November to the start of January.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 01:17:30 PM »

We haven't though. We've been irritatingly average for most, with an horrendous dollop of "aaaaargggghhh!" thrown in from the end of November to the start of January.

We've been shit at getting results. Apart from the very occasional highlight, we've only beaten teams that are even worse than us, and unfortunately, there are not many of them.

Offline Ads

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 01:19:11 PM »

We've been shit at getting results. Apart from the very occasional highlight, we've only beaten teams that are even worse than us, and unfortunately, there are not many of them.

Since our "aaaaarrrgh" period, over the past six games we've been much the same as we have been for three years. Capable of beating the top sides, but drawing far too many against dross when we had more than enough chances to win the game.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
We'll only be too good to go down once we've got the points that'll stop us from going down. Which we haven't got yet.

Offline ez

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
Well we're losing less games now so thats something.

Offline Ads

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
From a Mathematical view- fair enough.

I think that it is a mathematical certainty.

I think we’ll win four out of the next five, with a draw at Bolton and a Cup defeat up at The Council House. My major concern is that this may be the year the Albion beat us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal