collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Michael Bradley signs (page 6)  (Read 61182 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: Michael Bradley
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
Hope so..

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2011, 09:12:13 AM »
A nice nasty bastard though, surely?

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2011, 09:17:36 AM »
A nice nasty bastard though, surely?

Nice off the pitch, fine.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 09:18:59 AM »
I am a HUGE Michael Bradley fan.

A few things:

1) He is leaving because of issues with the coach.

2) He's going to be great because he can pass the ball well (which suits GH's style), but he also plays great defense.  He is going to really get the ball moving to Ash, and won't dog it on the way back.

3) He is tough as nails.  The kid is ALL HEART and guts. 

I think this is a GREAT addition.  He brings the energy which we sometimes lack at the end of games, and he can defend, which we also seem to lack at the end of games.  BUT he can also move the ball and score goals.

One issue that seems to be a constant for the kid however is his temper.  If you watched any of the USA in the WC or in any qualifier, you will notice that the minute someone bumps, or lays a questionable hit on a teammate, Mike would be right there ready to go.  It can be trouble, but I would rather have a player who is thinking with his heart too much than a player worrying too much about his wallet and advert deals.

On our national team Landon was best known, due to his late goals.  Clint Dempsey was the fan favorite.  But for those of us who REALLY watch and follow the USMNT, Mike was our guy.  On his day he was the best player on the field.  On days that weren't his day the other team was slightly scared that he was going to assualt them on the pitch.  Win/Win I guess.

Sounds like just what we need.

"He is going to really get the ball moving to Ash, and won't dog it on the way back".

He's going to get the ball to Young..... I haven't got a clue about the last bit.

Offline Merv

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 09:20:11 AM »
Oh yes, hope so. This is Aston Villa. He must have nice table manners.

I remember Bradley from last year's World Cup; I was impressed. We're well stocked in central midfield in terms of numbers right now but I'd be really surprised if both Petrov and Reo-Coker were here next season (I can see both leaving), so hopefully this is a loan with a view to buy scenario. Doesn't seem as if he has a future at M'Gladbach now.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
Rumours on twitter that we've agreed a £7m fee for him in the Summer if he impresses.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
I've heard the fee is more like £3.5m

Offline adam#1

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »

A few things:

2) He's going to be great because he can pass the ball well (which suits GH's style), but he also plays great defense.  He is going to really get the ball moving to Ash, and won't dog it on the way back.

I think this is a GREAT addition.  He brings the energy which we sometimes lack at the end of games, and he can defend, which we also seem to lack at the end of games.  BUT he can also move the ball and score goals.

One issue that seems to be a constant for the kid however is his temper.  If you watched any of the USA in the WC or in any qualifier, you will notice that the minute someone bumps, or lays a questionable hit on a teammate, Mike would be right there ready to go.  It can be trouble, but I would rather have a player who is thinking with his heart too much than a player worrying too much about his wallet and advert deals.

On our national team Landon was best known, due to his late goals.  Clint Dempsey was the fan favorite.  But for those of us who REALLY watch and follow the USMNT, Mike was our guy.  On his day he was the best player on the field.  On days that weren't his day the other team was slightly scared that he was going to assualt them on the pitch.  Win/Win I guess.

Sounds like just what we need.

"He is going to really get the ball moving to Ash, and won't dog it on the way back".

He's going to get the ball to Young..... I haven't got a clue about the last bit.

I think the last bit is to do with Collymore?

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »

A few things:

Help me out here, I heard that a lot of USA supporters thought that he was not played in the right position during the WC, any thoughts?

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
Bradley or Charlie Adam... £3-£4m for either of them sounds about right. Welcome to The Villa.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

He won't pause to sniff the corner flag, before scooting on his arse along the touchline

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »

He won't pause to sniff the corner flag, before scooting on his arse along the touchline

Hopefully, he will. That's his goal celebration!

Offline Mr Diggles

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
I hope the reports of an agreed price for a permanent move are correct - thought he looked very good at the World Cup - scored a decent goal too from what I remember.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »
Sounds like a good bit of business if we can get him for £3 or 4 million in the summer, if of course he has a good second half of the season with us.

Offline ExclDawg

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »
Nice bit of business!  For Team USA, Bradley was the hardest working guy on a team full of hardworkers.  Nice to see more Americans on the team as well!  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal