collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Breaking News: Bent Signs  (Read 322416 times)

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
Re: Breaking News: Bent Signs
« Reply #1605 on: January 20, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »
Face like a blind cobblers thumb.

So ugly his Mother used to feed him by catapult.

So ugly he could use his bottom lip as a bathing cap

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #1606 on: January 20, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
he is shreks facially deformed older brother...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1607 on: January 20, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »
Didnt I hear Wellbeck is out for 2 mths as well,  had to laugh...... 

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #1608 on: January 20, 2011, 04:45:23 PM »
he is... with a knee injury... 6-8 weeks...

i wont *snigger* laugh...

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #1609 on: January 20, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »
I know, why die your hair when you have a fizzog like he has - he makes John Merrick look fucking handsome.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1610 on: January 20, 2011, 04:59:16 PM »
This anti Villa, poor Sunderland, he has signed for a smaller club shit is starting to irritate me now.  If a Sky 4 club had picked him up it would have been hailed as the most fantastical signing ever in the history of January transfer windows.  The same would have been said had it been Liverpool.  Villa are having a bad season by their standards nothing more nothing less.  Lest it be forgotten that Villa are statistically the 5th most successful team since this Preeemier League shit began.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #1611 on: January 20, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »
Some of the media stuff seems to indicate we've been where we are now for some time. Do they not realise we've been in the top 6 for the past three years?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1612 on: January 20, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
Surprisingly, TalkSport seem to be batting for us at the moment.

I just, to my shame, had something read out on there. It's a slow day.

Offline Merv

« Reply #1613 on: January 20, 2011, 05:12:26 PM »
Hmmm. I think what Bruce and Quinn are trying to do here is complain so much it detracts from what they've actually done, which is to sell arguably their best striker with the club in 6th place and all to play for. And it's working; instead of mutterings about the club, the Sunderland fans are venting their anger at Bent and Villa. And Houllier.

It doesn't add up for me. Villa didn't want to sell James Milner, a bid was made in May. The whole thing dragged on until August. We wanted to keep him, we tried to keep him. We made a bid for Darren Bent over the weekend; on Monday, Sunderland publicly made it know Bent had handed in a transfer request. They didn't try very hard to keep him.

Now it transpires Bent wanted to leave in the summer... he had seemed unhappy in training (though Bruce claims not to have been aware, his chairman certainly was: great man-management skills, Fist Face), there were these off-pitch incidents with the car and his Mum, etc.

I think they're protesting too much.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #1614 on: January 20, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
Hmmm. I think what Bruce and Quinn are trying to do here is complain so much it detracts from what they've actually done, which is to sell arguably their best striker with the club in 6th place and all to play for. And it's working; instead of mutterings about the club, the Sunderland fans are venting their anger at Bent and Villa. And Houllier.

It doesn't add up for me. Villa didn't want to sell James Milner, a bid was made in May. The whole thing dragged on until August. We wanted to keep him, we tried to keep him. We made a bid for Darren Bent over the weekend; on Monday, Sunderland publicly made it know Bent had handed in a transfer request. They didn't try very hard to keep him.

Now it transpires Bent wanted to leave in the summer... he had seemed unhappy in training (though Bruce claims not to have been aware, his chairman certainly was: great man-management skills, Fist Face), there were these off-pitch incidents with the car and his Mum, etc.

I think they're protesting too much.
Agreed Merv. I think Bruce was being particularly disingenuous when he said as far as he was aware Bent was happy, and if he wasn't why didn't he speak to Bruce and they'd sort it out, and that it was strange for him to go from a top 6 side to a relegation scrap side so quickly -  intimating being tapped up obviously. Yet I've seen it reported that he wasn't happy last summer, and Quinn has said he didn't look right 2 or 3 weeks ago (round about when we played them?? - more for the conspiracy theorists). Bruce also seemed really annoyed that Houllier hadn't spoken to him before or since the transfer - maybe bad manners on Houllier's part, or maybe more sour grapes from Bruce.

Radio 5 seem to be lapping it up - they followed the Bruce bile with Gollum going on AGAIN about us tabling a disrespectful offer for Charlie Adam.

Maybe we're making enemies. Have to say if those enemies are Bruce and Holloway I couldn't give a shit.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1615 on: January 20, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
Rumours Sunderland are replacing Bent with Ricardo Fuller.

An underrated player, but crikey, that's some distance from being a suitable replacement.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1616 on: January 20, 2011, 05:40:50 PM »
Let's go back to the point being made above.  Why indeed did they not do more to keep him.  I mean it has to be one of the quickest £24m inc add ons deal in history.  If he puts in a transfer request why not turn it down.  Why not do what we do and say our players are not for sale.  It doesn't stack up.  In the same way he is being outed as a money grabber, then the same must be said of Sunderland themselves.  They couldn't resist the money.  At that point he became surplus to their money requirements.  They need to move on. 

What boils my piss is that no one said this in support of us when Liverpool took the piss with the Barry situation all summer long.  No one did when Milner was being prized away from us by those mercenaries at Citeh when it was us who effectively made him the player he has become.  No one was supporting us when Yorke said he wanted to leave and Manure made it public including how they wouldn't be held to ransom on the price.  This happens all the time in football and yet I can't remember so much vitriol being hurled in the direction of the so called villainous purchasing club in all my life.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #1617 on: January 20, 2011, 05:53:37 PM »
the media hate us... of that i am convinced...

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #1618 on: January 20, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
Bruce is doing my head in now, the breadbin-headed prick.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #1619 on: January 20, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Maybe we're making enemies. Have to say if those enemies are Bruce and Holloway I couldn't give a shit.

You know what?  Good.  I'm sick of us being "nice" Aston Villa.  Let's get out there and piss a few people off.

As you say, if those people are tedious rent-a-quote idiots like Fistface and Holloway, then all the better.  I really hope we piss Dave Whelan off at some point, then it'll be a full house.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal