collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gerard Houllier  (Read 437351 times)

Offline WikiVilla

Re: Gerard Houllier
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2010, 02:19:58 PM »
Anyone who think's we don't need a striker is mental

We do, but sorting our defence out ha to be the priority

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
I was prepared to give Houllier a chance but he has won three in thirteen and last night we had the look of a relegation team to me.
Why was Reo-Coker on the bench and Hogg, who is not and never will be good enough, was chosen with Delph, it was a gamble of a desperate man in my opinion.
Once again we were nearly caught out a few times with tippy-tappy passes between the defenders, who are not used to playing that way.
Heskey is never going to last a match, so where was the like-for like replacement and our top scorer for the last three seasons ?
Houllier is a stubborn man who tries to break players to his will, like the old schoolteacher he once was, and in doing so he is going to take us down, I have seen it before and it's happening again, if anybody thinks we are too good to go down they are wrong.
The crowd feel it, last night there was a feeling of doom around the place I have'nt felt since the late eighties under Turner and Billy McBingo.
Lerner needs to act quickly and decisively.

Offline mozza

« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
Didn't do somersaults when he was appointed and I've become increasingly
disallusioned with some of his comments, the latest being 'We have to blame
ourselves for the mistakes we made' ( what must he be saying to the players?)

Knee jerk reaction to sack the bloke at this stage, however any new arrivals
in January transfer window will have to hit the ground running (unlikely) and
the players who want to stay will need to up their game to pull us clear of a
relegation dog fight

What is concerning is the number of discontented players who allegedly want
away from the club which would possibly indicate GH has 'lost the dressing room'         

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2010, 02:30:25 PM »
Anyone who think's we don't need a striker is mental

We do, but sorting our defence out ha to be the priority

Yes the defence is woeful, but the lightweight midfield like yesterday's can't be helping them. Let's put it this way, if he plays Hogg and Delph in the middle again tomorrow, it could be a very very long and horrible 90 minutes.

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »
My big problem with Houllier is he seems to take everything to lightly and calm as if he's on holiday. One moment yesterday when the ball came out and he had a laugh with the spurs player.............fuck off were losing 1-0!!   urgency and passion please.

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »
Has Houllier united Villa fans? We all dislike the man.

Is there anyone who actually likes the bloke?
I know there's many differing opinions on what should happen to him, give him time, transfer funds or burn him etc but does anyone actually like having the bloke as our manager?

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2010, 03:05:54 PM »
It may well be that all the game time that are youngsters are getting at the minute will benefit us in the future, but there's no question that Houllier's inconsistent and often cavalier team selections as well as his seeming inability to organise the side when they are not in possession are costing us points and whether this is going to cost us in any significant sense remains to be seen.

However for the sake of the club's credibility I think we have to stick with him to the end of the season and see how things look then.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »
Has Houllier united Villa fans? We all dislike the man.

Is there anyone who actually likes the bloke?
I know there's many differing opinions on what should happen to him, give him time, transfer funds or burn him etc but does anyone actually like having the bloke as our manager?

No.
No we don't.
I do.
I do.

Offline koreanmeatballs

« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
Fair enough Legion.

Can I ask what you like about him/what he has done so far.

Offline Dr_Fegg

• GM : 09.08.2015
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2010, 03:19:25 PM »
My big problem with Houllier is he seems to take everything to lightly and calm as if he's on holiday. One moment yesterday when the ball came out and he had a laugh with the spurs player.............fuck off were losing 1-0!!   urgency and passion please.

Agree completely. God knows MON had his issues but at least he showed some passion for the club. Shout, swear and bollock in public, stop acting like a fucking school teacher!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2010, 03:34:02 PM »
there was a piece in the paper the other day about carragher and he seemed to think Houllier often lost his temper with the players in the dressing room, much more so than FSW or Hodgson. so as far as passion is concerned appearances can be deceptive

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2010, 03:34:51 PM »

Either way, I think we need to quickly accept the fact that the appointment isn''t working out and quickly move on.

And bring in who?

I hear that Curbishley is still looking for work as is Allardyce. Maybe we can go for them, as quite frankly that's the best we can hope for if we sack our managers after 3 months.

Di Matteo? Coyle? Grayson? O'Driscall?  Even Lee Clark's doing a good job at Huddesfield

We need a young manager that's going to show some passion for the club.  There's some good young managers outside the top flight that are capable of managing in the 1st Division.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2010, 04:19:13 PM »
Fair enough Legion.

i'm with legion, i like him for these reasons -

we are trying to play better more actractive football

he is brave enough to give our young players a chance and not shit himself and play negative boring football by packing the midfield and try and gain a point by playing in a similar vien to blues/blackburn under aladyce

he's not scared of upsetting senoir players who arnt performing, and saying they can leave if they dont improve

i think he is building something at Villa that might take more than 5 minuets given that it will revolve around inexperienced players, and hopefully he will bring in some better quality players than he inherited to play his way

you might not agree with me on most points, but that is the way i see it,
theres plenty who dont like him,. thats fair enough, every one has there own viewpoint,
 i wouldnt back someone like Alladyce, i wouldnt give him a chance,
 i just wouldnt go whilst he was there, i'm to old now to watch shit anti football, yesterday was not great and the result was bad, but it wasnt anti football, it wasnt long ball, and there were a lot of good young Villa players gaining a lot of experience by playing against the likes of van der vart,
so for me it wasnt all bad

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »
Fair enough Legion.

i'm with legion, i like him for these reasons -

we are trying to play better more actractive football

he is brave enough to give our young players a chance and not shit himself and play negative boring football by packing the midfield and try and gain a point by playing in a similar vien to blues/blackburn under aladyce

you might not agree with me on most points, but that is the way i see it,
theres plenty who dont like him,. thats fair enough, every one has there own viewpoint,
 i wouldnt back someone like Alladyce, i wouldnt give him a chance,
 i just wouldnt go whilst he was there, i'm to old now to watch shit anti football, yesterday was not great and the result was bad, but it wasnt anti football, it wasnt long ball, and there were a lot of good young Villa players gaining a lot of experience by playing against the likes of van der vart,
so for me it wasnt all bad

Let's be honest, we did resort to drastic measures yesterday by throwing on a 37 year old winger and playing a centre half up front for the last 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:32:25 PM by clampy »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
Di Matteo? Coyle? Grayson? O'Driscall?  Even Lee Clark's doing a good job at Huddesfield

Yeah, that'd be genus.

Appointing Di Matteo or Coyle on the basis of half a decent PL season, or the other two who have never managed in the top flight.

As for Lee Clark, did someone inject your turkey with pure crack cocaine on Christmas morning?

It's one thing to moan about the club for not thinking big, which is something lots of people have done at various times, but to suggest a load of managers to sack GH for and then reel out that depressing list is the epitome of small time thinking.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal