collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tonight's boxing  (Read 6356 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Tonight's boxing
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 10:03:28 AM »
Can't wait for the Khan-Maidana fight later on... I think Amir Khan is great, British Muslim boxer who's now moved out of Bolton now living in Los Angeles trying to break the market in America, got a very aggressive fighting style although he's going to need to tone it down tonight as he doesn't want to get caught out with Maidana's big hits.

Yes he needs to be careful .. he better not tak on a Yank next  and beat him as Guantanamo Bay is  not far away!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »
The win last night showed how far Khan has come, Maidana hits hard and he kept going very well.

Offline LionVilla

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »
Khan in my opinion has now proved himself to be a true Champion however I do feel that there is a reluctance amongst our public and boxing fans to accept him as our own. Don't know why but I hope it's not for obvious reasons.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 11:46:47 PM »
Khan in my opinion has now proved himself to be a true Champion however I do feel that there is a reluctance amongst our public and boxing fans to accept him as our own. Don't know why but I hope it's not for obvious reasons.

Doubt it, we have accepted just about every Asian sportsman going without a problem.
It was probably more about his very cocky attitude and the way he was taken apart by the exceedingly average Briedis Prescott.
He seems to have learned all the lessons going and is deservedly going to earn an awful lot of cash on theback of this win.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »
All credit to Khan, he looks to have learnt the lessons from the defeat and come back very strong.  That was a very dangerous opponent, he did well to come through that 10th round.  If they put him in with Mayweather at some stage in the future my money will be on Khan if he continues with his present trainer.  And he'd be daft not to.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal