collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Not the General Krulak Thread  (Read 34811 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Not the General Krulak Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
I think the most tactical thing I can say to the OP is that disagree 100%.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »
The only thing you could have a go at the board at is for trusting Mon and that's hardly their fault a lot of people trusted him and he was backed more than ANY Villa manager we have ever had.

We have a lot to be happy about in that sense, would we want someone like say..Mike Ashley or The wankers that used to be at the sty or the glaziers?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 10:41:46 AM »
Comparing Randy to Doug? Weren't you around in the 80s?

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
We have the best board and the best chairman in the Premiership.

Yep

Offline sfx412

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
Its interesting that some fans don't trust the present board, must admit I can't see why, especially when comparing it to other Premiership Boards and of course the fun and games we had under Doug, and under his predecessors.
I can't see how any Board can be perfect for all fans especially in times of strife, but Randy hasn't done too badly considering the leeway he's given his managers. Yes perhaps he could have been quicker in choosing a new man, yes perhaps he could have signed a more suitable choice, but even there its too early to tell, even if so far Houllier doesn't look that promising, but over all he's done OK, I hope he stays.
As to closing the General's thread, must admit I find that a strange decision but obviously one Dave felt justified, the General knew fully what he was getting into to and seems able and willing to continue on the other boards to answer the inane questions along with the odd good one.
Here's hoping no new astounding event occurs, needing the clubs input, although I suppose many have dual memberships and can get their info first hand from the other sites and post updates on here.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
And Malcolm is as snide as ever. Well done, Malcolm.

First, we approached the general and asked if he thought the thread was losing its original purpose. He agreed.

Second, go back through all the various incarnations of the general's thread. Count the number of times he's said he can't answer questions on playing matters, the number of times we've asked not to have such questions and the amount of times both he and we have subsequently been ignored. Add in the posts that aren't questions but are comments about the board, often insulting ones, and the times the papers pick up on what's been said on there. Now yo know why it's not there for a while.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
Thank you Dave.

Yet the other sites seem able to cope, as does the General when replying to the same and often more idiotic questions. He's often said that he's here for the good and the bad, he uses such threads as a vehicle to get his/ the clubs view over, and he and they know full well the media read, not just this site, but all the others and quote accordingly.

Perhaps you have set a lead that the others will follow, it could turn out to be a brave decision, I know not.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »
I know not.

You missed out the HING on the end.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:05:02 PM by 8 Ace Fletcher »

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
Dear Mrs Overall. Please visit these other sites exclusively.
Please.

Oh yes, and take the similarly clued up genius pestria with you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:26:43 PM by Mazrim »

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 12:32:23 PM »
I'll admit I've never been 100% convinced by this board

Who can blame you?

Everything they've done from day 1 has helped to destabilise the club.

The wholesale improvements to Bodymoor Heath to make us one of the country's best training grounds

The £3m yearly investment in the Academy

The seemingly limitless funds given to the previous manager

The open dialogue between fans message boards and a member of the club's board

The never ending work on making the club more customer friendly

The General is never endingly asked about playing matters, something which has been endlessly stated as a no go area at least 366 times, so the thread is temporarily shut to let things simmer down and you have a hissy fit.

The issues that some people have with the Board surround the fact that they left the Cult of Martin. I hope this is doesn't lead to some Waco kind of incident come Saturday

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 12:37:15 PM »
The issues that some people have with the Board surround the fact that they left the Cult of Martin. I hope this is doesn't lead to some Waco kind of incident come Saturday

You do realise that it's only the people that didn't like him/thought he wasn't up to the job that keep mentioning him, don't you?

Offline glasses

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »
Re the board. In my opinion, you cant deny some of the great things they have done for the club. The last for years have been the best in my Villa following life. (I was around in the 90s, but not going regularly)

However, some things that have been questionable are very quickly glossed over and forgotten. i think there should be as much talk about the negative things as the positive things, rather than people being shot down for their views when they say something that goes against the 'Best board in the country'

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »

You do realise that it's only the people that didn't like him/thought he wasn't up to the job that keep mentioning him, don't you?

In keeping with the Season ....  "oh no it isn't"

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »
some things that have been questionable are very quickly glossed over and forgotten. i think there should be as much talk about the negative things as the positive things

You're right, but I just thing there really isn't much at all in that negative column that warrants getting worked up over.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 01:07:25 PM »
So what else has Randy got to do to get your trust?
This takes me back to 'What have the Romans ever done for us?' comedy sketch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal