collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion Pre-Match Thread  (Read 52604 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 03:24:50 PM »
Di Matteo will tell them that the Villa fans will moan and groan and turn on their team as soon as things start going wrong - and that Villa have young players in midfield who could have the confidence knocked out of them by their own fans, leading to extra pressure being put on out-of-form defenders.

How about we prove him wrong and get behind our boys from the first whistle to the last. We're in this together, let's show it.

This is too early after last nights debacle to start with the Henry V pre-Agincourt speech.  Try me on Friday night and I might be more receptive.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »
1-1 Agbonlahor, we really need to win this one but i can't see it i hope i'm proved wrong but it's my pessimism speaking.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2010, 03:28:38 PM »
Di Matteo will tell them that the Villa fans will moan and groan and turn on their team as soon as things start going wrong - and that Villa have young players in midfield who could have the confidence knocked out of them by their own fans, leading to extra pressure being put on out-of-form defenders.

How about we prove him wrong and get behind our boys from the first whistle to the last. We're in this together, let's show it.

Unfortunately I don't think that this will be the case. I can already hear the boo's at half time followed by the seats around the ground being banged up and down followed by a final chorus of boo's at the final whistle.

I think we have now got the fourth worst defence in the league. If someone had told me that this time last year I would have laughed in their face.

The baggies score goals and we concede plenty of them, could be entertaining for the neutral but I reckon it could be 2-3.

Offline luke25

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »
2-3, Gabby and Downing for us

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »

This is too early after last nights debacle to start with the Henry V pre-Agincourt speech.  Try me on Friday night and I might be more receptive.
Sorry I'm out on Friday night - having longbow lessons and cleansing myself of sins.

Offline ajmant

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »
Villa 4 v 5 Albion.

4 - 1 up with 2 minutes to go. All goes tits up aka Leicester all those years ago, only with Dunne scoring a 7th minute injury time og to give the Baggies the 3 points. 

I have seen it. I'm losing the faith.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2010, 04:26:01 PM »
two nil villa.  Young and Agbonlahor.  clean sheet somehow.

Offline achilles

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
Really can't see us winning this at all - 1-3 to the baggies!

Based on the last 6 games:

Villa home record 1 win, 4 draws, 1 loss, F8, A9 - 16th best home record
Baggies away record 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses, F12, A10  - 6th best away record

The stats speak for themselves!

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2010, 04:36:40 PM »
We haven't lost to the Albion since the mid 80's, I think that run is about to finish but I hope to Paul McGrath I am wrong.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
Must must win...but we won't.

If they score first the atmosphere could get ugly.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »
2-0 Villa. There's no way the fans will allow Houllier or the players a repeat performance of last night. We need some passion back in the team and there's nothing better than a local derby to stir up emotion.

Somebody should remove Houllier's and McCallister's seats from the Villa dug out to get the fuckers on their feet. My only fear is it's a cold day and they decide to watch the game from the comfort of an executive box.

Offline picicata

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 05:15:13 PM »
An easy 0-2 for WBA as we cave in meekly with the players continuing to reflect their manager and showing complete indifference to the whole situation.

Offline picicata

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »
2-0 Villa. There's no way the fans will allow Houllier or the players a repeat performance of last night. We need some passion back in the team and there's nothing better than a local derby to stir up emotion.

Somebody should remove Houllier's and McCallister's seats from the Villa dug out to get the fuckers on their feet. My only fear is it's a cold day and they decide to watch the game from the comfort of an executive box.

Hmmm.. you would have thought losing to SHA would have been enough to cause some fire and passion in last nights game but it didn't.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

Hmmm.. you would have thought losing to SHA would have been enough to cause some fire and passion in last nights game but it didn't.
Yesterday was all about Houllier making his return to Anfield. Somebody should have told him it wasn't his testimonial match but a real league game with three valueable points for the winner.

The Baggies will be a different game altogether. He has nowhere to hide.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
Albion will go into the game as slight favourites

Our only hope will be to catch them on the break, if Gabby and Ash play well we may just do it

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal