collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gareth Barry: Retired  (Read 58109 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Gareth Barry: Going Backwards Fast
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 12:09:02 AM »
Both Barry and Milner are not playing in roles that suit them, they both had the freedom at Villa to impose themselves on the game, the system at Citeh is far more rigid.
And neither of them look as good or as happy.

In fairness, though, although Barry was a very good footballer for us, he did also have a tendency to go missing for months at a time. He might just be going through one of his "not at the races" periods.
i agree Barry is a good footballer for us, sometimes great, but he hasnt been pulling up trees for club or country for some time now, he is allready finding himself on the bench at citeh so it looks like his star is waning

The fact he's on the bench at City already is incredibly unsurprising. I think we all predicted this a year ago.

Good.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 12:16:45 AM »
I'd love Milner, Given or Adebayor. They would Vastley improve us.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:58 AM »
I'd love Milner, Given or Adebayor. They would Vastley improve us.

I would definitely have Milner back in a heartbeat. He's a great player and even with the optimism of the kids' emergence, he'd improve us. Given would be great but it's pie in the sky if Friedel's almost certain to get a new deal. Given will probably move to Arsenal in January. Adebayor is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. I'll pass, ta.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 01:10:17 AM »
I appreciate what Barry did for us spending over 10 years at Villa and don't 'hate' him like many do on here, but the jokes on him at the end of the day. His pipe dream (along with all other Citeh players) where he thought Citeh would dominate England and Europe in a very short time has seriously taken a dent and Barry will just be 1 of the many players at Citeh who'll go through the ''recyle'' process at Citeh. Ship out the old £20 million plus players for some new £30 million plus players.

His life, his career but we'll see how much football means to him along with the others when they're sitting on the bench most weeks (whilst earning an insane salary at the same time).

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2010, 01:16:39 AM »
Milner won't fail at Citeh.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
He's as effective on the wing or them as he was for us ie: not very.

If he ever gets picked more centrally he could possibly have as good an impact for them as he managed with us last year.

But it's just as likely that the Sheik who looks about 15 will get bored with Mancini (I know plenty of Citeh fans already are) and will demand a new manager and more new toys.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »
It's mean spirited to take pleasure in his decline.

But I will anyway, tough shit fat arse!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »
A few of them City players will regret moving there. Barry, Milner, Given, Adebayor etc - none of them have done anything.

I think the extra few million they earned there rather then at the teams they left will soften the blow.

Probably but I don't think all players are money motivated, Some wanted City to be the new Chelsea, Unfortunately the manager seems a bit of a moron and does not know his best team!

Milner I feel sorry for he is best suited in a attacking midfield role, Barry..as Maz said, fuck him

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
Would you take Milner or Barry back though? I wouldnt take Barry he said way too much, but Milner diddnt kick and stamp his feet, write childish articles in the paper when he diddnt get his way and even scored for us in his last game

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 09:36:26 AM »
Sometimes a club gets the best years of a player's career and even if they move on to something supposedly bigger and better, they never quite recapture what they had before.

I think that may be the case with Barry.  Sure, he's millions of ponds better off - and he may well indeed be part of a squad that achieves Champion's League football - but he played his best football wearing claret and blue.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 09:50:59 AM »
I wouldn't take Barry back, not for all the custard sloshing around in those outsize stretch-pants of his. Milner, on the other hand, I'd take back like a shot. 

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
I dunno, I'd probably take Barry back for the right price (i.e very low). I'd definitely take Milner back (but that won't happen).

Imaine a midfield 5 of: Albrighton - Milner - Barry - Bannan - Ash

Offline Karl Bridges

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »
No thanks to Gaz Baz. Sunderland awaits for him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »
Well let's have a non-emotional look at it. Barry's rate of decline was going to be similar  wherever he played. So that being the case would you spend your declining years on 50K a week or 100K a week?

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 10:45:35 AM »
im glad he is failing... dickhead...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal