collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players You Liked When No-one Else Did  (Read 27824 times)

Offline Big Dick Edwards

Re: Players You Liked When No-one Else Did
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
Frank Pimblett had a wonderful debut, ran the show from midfield, then disappeared without a trace.

I remember that game. I thought he was going to be a star, like I did when I saw Steven Cooke and Joey Gudjohnssen for the first time at Villa Park..

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2011, 10:32:55 AM »
I remember saying to my mate that Stephen Warnock was, "the best left back I've seen for playing the Villa since Stan Staunton". Since then, he doesn't appear to be a footballers anymore.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2011, 10:38:17 AM »
I remember saying to my mate that Stephen Warnock was, "the best left back I've seen for playing the Villa since Stan Staunton". Since then, he doesn't appear to be a footballers anymore.

Around the time of the Wayne Bridge business when he dropped out of the England squad I was telling anyone who'd listen that Warnock "wouldn't let England down". Now I'm not suggesting I have the power of the hex over people but his form went down the toliet fairly rapidly from then on. And then this season he's disappeared off the face of the earth having shagged Houllier's missus/ran over his dog/looked at him funny, whatever it is he did.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
Brian Tiler was the first Villa scapegoat that I can remember, around 1969, and more recently, Gavin McCann.
While possessing limited ability, both players always gave their all for the team.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2011, 11:17:06 AM »

Around the time of the Wayne Bridge business when he dropped out of the England squad I was telling anyone who'd listen that Warnock "wouldn't let England down". Now I'm not suggesting I have the power of the hex over people but his form went down the toliet fairly rapidly from then on. And then this season he's disappeared off the face of the earth having shagged Houllier's missus/ran over his dog/looked at him funny, whatever it is he did.

I actually nearly forgot that the sorry sod was preparing to take part in the world cup this time last year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal