collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 43422 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« on: October 02, 2010, 08:57:02 AM »
Available Saturday evening.

Offline sali,salifou

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:51:19 PM »
A bit sloppy at the back, competitive in the middle but awful up top once Carew replaced heskey. It meant we couldnt keep the ball there so the midfield and defense got swamped. If Heskey had stayed on, I reckon we'd have got something from it
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:53:18 PM by sali,salifou »

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
I hate football.  We are never going to be where we want to be.  Carew is so, so bad it's scary and why Cuellar was dropped is beyond me.  Gutted.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
Signs of improvement, real improvement, but they're far more polished an article than we are and had one player who could make the difference. I think we'll beat them when they come to VP, by that time we'll have had more opportunity to work on our game.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 04:53:26 PM »
Again, we got what we deserved. Getting in that top-six this season will be beyond us, I'm afraid.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 04:54:21 PM »
Worrying that we have picked up the habit of losing leads. This is now 2 defeats,  Stoke and Spurs, that  should have been avoided.

Offline AVFCRob

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
Sensational from Carew there, just sensational. Heck, he's been good this season when he's played........

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »
Our outstanding player went off crocked after half an hour after creating our goal. Theirs stayed on and scored two goals.
Not an awful lot between us, so I hope there's not too much hand-wringing about this.

Online ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »
Seriously pissed off with the result.

Carew was very poor and offered nothing up front, but I thought we were generally OK and without the 2 defensive cock-ups and JC might have got more out of this.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:29 PM »
Would have liked to see Ireland on earlier as we were losing the midfield. Good in places but just not good enough especially after Heskey went off - any news on why/how serious? Carew was woeful.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:54 PM »
Heskey was great before he went off and Reo-Coker played really well. The rest were average, with the exception of Dunne, Collins and Carew who were terrible.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »
I only saw the second half but it was toothless when it counted as per usual.  If we don't sign somebody capable of keeping a bit of composure in the area soon I swear I'll have some kind of meltdown.  I counted 7 moves that a bit of quality up front would've resulted in a shooting chance.  Instead we invariably choose the complete wrong option.   They go up the pther end and that bit of quality (Van der fucking Vaart) counts.  Fucking Spurs.

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »

To be fair, probably the best i've seen us play all year.

More positives than negatives.Failing to pick up Crouchy on the back post for both goals.

Their 2nd goal, came 30 secs after Carew and Young , partic Carew should have done a lot better on the counter.

Did'nt deserve to lose today, Downing and Reo, both very good, all the back 4, i thought played well, as did Ashley, and Heskey when he was on.

Missed Gabby today, partic with Heskey coming off.

More of this though please.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
I think in every game this season we've had periods in the game where we look a very good side. They've been longer periods in GH's three games so far. The problem seems to be ensuring these periods of being good becomes longer and more frequent. It's obvious to those who watch that we are capable of playing good football and being a good team.

As for this game, Spurs are ahead of us, as they were last season, and in this game VDV was very, very good and is probably the best player Spurs have.

In my opnion, I've certainly seen enough in our games so far this season to suggest 6th place is still a possibility.

Basically, GH's job is to try and ensure the players play like they can do for longer periods of the game.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »
Played well for some of it. Carew awful and Dunne was a fucking disgrace. How can he still be carrying so much weight?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal