collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stoke City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 84685 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Stoke City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »
when we played along the ground ( for 20 mins)  we looked great , why the fook we go back to hoofing again second half..They were all shit second half. albrighton was on the pitch too long...

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:49 PM »
Worrying thing was  when Stoke pressed us we looked like a relegation  fodder team. Not able to get to grips with what was required and  bullied into submission.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »
We shouldn't get to down really. We played some good stuff. Ash's miss was they key. That and warnocks chip to heskey at the death instead of a little dink to gabby down the line. Probably would have won a throw and killed the game. Argh the great game eh. Fxxk

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
I trust Houllier's award ceremony was suitably enjoyable tonight.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:38 PM »
We really need to use our subs better.  Our players were dead on their feet at the end. 

I can only guess that K-Mac did not want to disrupt the shape of the team by changing too much.  In hindsight it was obviously a mistake.

It wasn't exactly an inspirational bench though was it...

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
 stevenjos
reserve

« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:54:43 PM »
Every week i say it. and every week its true. if you play heskey you deserve to lose!

Ridiculous statement.

The way people on this site base their views about 90 minutes of football on a small number of incidents is laughable too.

We weren't brilliant - but then who expected us to be? But overall we played well  thought. Downing was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Young good in flashes. Albrighton great in the first half, weak in the second.

But that performance demonstrated we have lots of potential, I thought.

Stoke played pretty well  I thought, but we were good too and it would have been a good win. Getting a second goals when we were on top would have killed it.

We played passing football at times that I thought was a step above much of what we've seen in a while

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »
After playing well in the 1st half, what the hell did Macdonald say to the players at half time?

Did he tell them to give away needless corners, fouls and throwins at every fuckin opportunity?

Did he tell Our CAPTAIN to show no courage, skill or leadership?

He better fuckin not come out and bemoan our luck or blame the ref.  It was his and the idiots on the pitch that lost us this game.

What happened tonight was pathetic and grimly predictable.  We have now lost two away games, both to incredibly poor teams.  UNACCEPTABLE.

Offline Reality

• Sean
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »
Petrov is a joke of a captain and always has been. He is about as inspiring as a wet Sunday.

Dunne has started to make unnecessary errors that City fans have long pointed out. If he starts that bullshit he too can fuck off out the door. Hope someone puts Warnock in a bag and sends him off to the dump. Stupid little prick.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:46 PM »
As i said at breakfast

"The chance to go third and send a message out to the rest of the League - points to a defeat doesn`t it?
"

So fecking predictable

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
Albrighton did nothing second half.  It was crying out for Ireland to replace him, but KM seemingly has the same lack of nous as O'Neill.

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:49 PM »
It wasn't dreadful.

The result was dreadful, but there were plenty of positives to take from that. For long spells, we were well in charge, and playing well.

Until we fell asleep for 45 minutes. And lost to stoke, again. In the last minute. Again.

Being "in charge" against a shit team that does well to finish mid-table, before losing, isn't much of a positive, for me. I admire your optimism, but that was a shitfest, I'm afraid.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »
We really need to use our subs better.  Our players were dead on their feet at the end. 

I can only guess that K-Mac did not want to disrupt the shape of the team by changing too much.  In hindsight it was obviously a mistake.

It wasn't exactly an inspirational bench though was it...

Ireland on, Albrighton off, Ashley wide, Gabby on his own up front?

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
We have gone from a proper boring defensive unit under Martin to a more attacking, shit defending team.

If only we had a goalscorer!

Offline eastie

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:11 PM »
Much better from downing but even ellis would have scored from the chance ash missed, very hard playing against Stoke and we conceded far too many set pieces, a draw would have been a fair result.

Does any other team concede as many late goals as us?

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:20 PM »
Pennant really is a cheating little shit.  Knicks the ball past petrov, kicks him and then throws himself to the ground to win a free kick which costs us a point.  Little shit.

No, Petrov, being his usual sluggish self, brought him down because he's not quick enough and not good enough to tackle.

Petrov never touched Pennant. Pennant knocked the ball past Petrov, runs past him and falls over. Quite obvious on the replay. But from the refs angle it looks like a foul.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal