collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: I don't want Staunton. Not that there is any evidence of that happening.  (Read 13721 times)

Offline cb

Re: I don't want Staunton. Not that there is any evidence of that happening.
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2010, 09:25:25 AM »

But a player who gave the club close to a decades service between two spells deserves a bit more respect than being compared to Stephen fcuking H0dge.

Really, well we'll have to agree to disagree, but you should remember I also had to endure the cU nt stinking up my national team as well as my club.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:27:33 AM by cb »

Offline cb

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »

But a player who gave the club close to a decades service between two spells deserves a bit more respect than being compared to Stephen fcuking H0dge.

Really, well we'll have to agree to disagree, but you should remember I also had to endure the cU nt stinking up my national team as well as my club.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
Aye.

Plays for the Old Stars and still lives in the area (Lichfield, I believe).

Understandable the pull Liverpool has for him having started his career there. Think he has family there too.

But he gave plenty in a Villa shirt, and that's all that counts.

Comparing him to Hodge is horseshit.

Really. He's a traitor for club and country. As soon as Liverpool came calling, he couldn't help but fall over himself to leave and when it all went pear shaped he came crawling back and picked up a huge wage for doing F. all. I'm not buying this idea that he gave his all when he came back; if that was his all then he's wasn't up to much. As proven by his Ireland experience he's a coaching and management disaster.  If he does come back, he'll probably be able to hide behind other peoples competence, but  I don't want the c*** anywhere near our club. Let him go and try his luck at Liverpool, where we know his heart really lies...

I thought he played very well in his second spell. In fact i thought he was our best player the season he played at centreback.
Your dislike of him is quite odd considering the performances his put in for the Villa over 10 or so years.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »
Over here the man is seen as an incompotent idiot after his spell in in charge of the national team. He was a disaster.

Steve Stauntion is now a figure of national ridicule here. All my non villa mates have been ribbing me all week about stan coming to villa be to be the 'assistant gaffer'. His media appearances during his ill fated time as Ireland manager left a lot to be desired.

But as others have said, it should be Houllier's decision and who's to know, he could end up being a great coach.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »
He wasn't cut out to be manager.

From memory, he was second choice.
But got the gig on the understanding that Bobby Robson would be the senior partner.

Bobby's ill health meant that Stan assumed more responsibility than he was probably ready for, bearing in mind his experience up until that point was a bit of coaching and making the tea at Walsall.

But we are talking about a bloke who earned 120+ caps for his country.  I don't blame him for wanting the job. Rather, you'd have to look at the FAI for appointing him.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »
But we are talking about a bloke who earned 120+ caps for his country.  I don't blame him for wanting the job. Rather, you'd have to look at the FAI for appointing him.
Is the correct answer.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2010, 06:45:18 PM »
The F.A.I. really fucked up allright. He was totally out of his depth. A cheap solution.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal