collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General C. Krulak Thread XVI  (Read 218031 times)

Offline K3Villa

Re: The General C. Krulak Thread XVI
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
Good work to all involved General. I'm very happy with the new manager and if Kev Mac could be part of the coaching/managerial team I think we'll have a god mix of  Premiership experience, coaching ability and of course knowledge of what AVFC is all about.

UTV.

Offline ninjaboab

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 12:28:20 AM »
i certainly hope kev mac remains in at villa, at least in bringing on the youth, and whilst not overly enthused with houllier's appointment, (tactically ok but seems his man-management skills leave something to be desired) will get behind him! as we all should

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
Thanks to you general for your reassurances during this time. I appreciate this couldnt be easy for anyone and whilst not overwhelmed by Houllier i have total trust in the board and believe you've made the right decision
Lets win some cups!!
UTV!!!

Offline willywombat

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 01:11:48 AM »
Well done to all involved, I feel this is an excellent result and look forward to the future with real optimism

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »
Use the knowledge from Clairefontaine football academy combined with our academy and then become leading academy in world football by making our academy better than Barcelona and Ajax :)

I am looking forward to GH's era.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 02:24:19 AM »
A departure from the main topic of coversation: General, how long do we have left on the nike deal and is there any word yet whether they/ we are looking to extend?

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 03:37:26 AM »
General,

Before Mr Cooper gets in with the question - Will Mr Houiller be more interested in competing in the Birmingham Senior Cup than the previous manager?

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 07:02:40 AM »
General,

Before Mr Cooper gets in with the question - Will Mr Houiller be more interested in competing in the Birmingham Senior Cup than the previous manager?
Likes this... :)

Hoping this will be better times for our club!

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 07:18:49 AM »
i am really really sorry general but i feel that this is an awful appointment.  It took all this time and gerard houllier was the best you could come up with. 
of course i will support the club as always but i am not excited about this appointment as i was when martin took over

..and look where that ill informed excitement got you. Give the bloody bloke a chance. What sort of a welcome to a new manager is this?

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 07:46:11 AM »
General, once again Aston Villa, under the stewardship of Randy, have acted with great dignity. 
Lets get behind the manager and the team and show certain ex managers what they are missing...

Offline pmk1981

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:25 AM »
"edit"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:54:23 AM by pmk1981 »

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
General,

thank you and Mr .Lerner for appointing a very good manager .   

Its weird , when MON was appointed , I had the biggest smile on my face for days and was so over the moon. I havent got that same feeling today ,I didnt really know who I wanted as manager , as the ones I wanted were probably no go at the time ,  but I know GH will be better for AVFC than MON would ever be staying at this great club. 

MON progressed us for 2 seasons before he lost the plot , I honestly think GH can push us forward..

So as the day goes by , my smile is actually getting bigger....

Offline TRO

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
General,

Thank you. Superb appointment of a manager with global reputation, which can only be good for us.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2010, 09:45:04 AM »
Thank you general, randy and the board i for one was excited about gerard becoming manager once again thank you.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
General,

GH wouldn't have been my choice but its certainly an intersting one. There were certain deficencies left behind by the previous incumbent, notably our over-reliance on UK based players and a non-existant, or certainly non-productive, overseas scouting network. GH will no doubt remedy that situation and maybe build on the good work at youth level to improve the club from top to bottom. Remains to be seen what effect that will have on first team results.

It hasn't been officially announced what the length of his contract is but rumoured to be 3 years from various sources.

My question is - what is the business plan for  the next 3 years and where does Randy want us to be at the end of the 2012-13 season?

Good luck to all

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal