collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Randy way or Citeh's Trillions ?  (Read 45532 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
The Randy way or Citeh's Trillions ?
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2010, 01:09:39 PM »
So, Pelty makes the point that the manager has got a lot of players who barely ever get a run out, on big wages, then subsequently - as in half an hour later - General Krulak returns for the first time in two months, and posts something about how we need to make sure the right money is going to the right people etc etc

That, to me, suggests that he has got a clue.

Pelty also said there's no "sell to buy" policy. I imagine you believe that bit, though, Chris.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
Quote from: "Risso"
Quote from: "Chris Smith"

My point is that there is no evidence that Randy Lerner agrees with him, which is not surprising as I don't think Pelty has a fucking clue if I'm honest.

I'm sure he'll be distraught to hear your opinion of him Chris.

He'll get over it.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and all that but every summer he has a rant against the manager. I guess he thinks he's doing his bit to back his family and friends but if there is a problem with the wages paid then they're all in it together.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2010, 01:56:09 PM »
City's trillions all day. My man city mate has had several multiple orgasms !!!!! (nothing to do with his wife ) ....

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2010, 08:00:10 AM »
Quote from: "cdvillafan"
Americans are only interested in "stars" and O'Neill is scared to sign them.

Nah.

If he wanted stars he'd have to give us a lot more money. I think their policy has been very deliberate.

Accoring to the General Randy and MON are still working very closely. I'll take that over anything Pelty has to say.

Who is Pelty and what did he say?

Offline ez

« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »
Citys. I want exciting signings and trophies as soon as possible.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2010, 08:06:56 PM »

Nah.

If he wanted stars he'd have to give us a lot more money. I think their policy has been very deliberate.

Accoring to the General Randy and MON are still working very closely. I'll take that over anything Pelty has to say.

Where has Pelty said they're not?  All he did was give his honest opinion, which is one that an increasing number of people seem to be agreeing with.

My point is that there is no evidence that Randy Lerner agrees with him, which is not surprising as I don't think Pelty has a fucking clue if I'm honest.

Don't you think he might have more of a clue than you do?

Offline eastie

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2010, 08:40:40 PM »
I think pelty has far more of a clue considering who he is, and I've always found his opinions very worthwhile to read.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2010, 08:57:42 PM »
Quote from: "WALTERS WARRIORS"
City's trillions all day. My man city mate has had several multiple orgasms !!!!! (nothing to do with his wife ) ....

Think you're on the wrong website mate. *winky*

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2010, 10:39:59 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Harte"
Quote from: "WA Villan"
Invest in British players, academys, limit foreign players.

I love it, but EU employment law would scupper the last bit.

Teams could employ as many EU players as the like but could only play, say 4.  May be wrong but I do not think that goes against EU labour laws.

If this was the case, clubs would soon cut down on the number of foreign players they buy.  The trouble is that the PL do not want to go down this route as their saleable comodity would go down in value.

Cutting down players from outside EU could come from FA and Government, inside EU would have to come from the clubs themselves.  Under PL rules I seem to think that it needs 75% of members (15 clubs) to agree on rule changes.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2010, 10:52:04 PM »
Quote from: "PhilGibson"
That latest interview to me sounds like a man who is losing the passion for the job he is doing, it sounds as if he is going through the motions and coming out with same tired sound bites year after year.

He comes across as negative a lot of the time, but this time feels different. If you look at the way Benitez was acting last season with the interviews from Yossi Benayoun, freezing players out, acting erractically etc. It appears from the outside looking in that Martin is doing the same. I feel as if he is reaching the end of his tenure with us and he knows it.

I get the similar feeling.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #205 on: July 25, 2010, 01:16:22 AM »
Quote from: "old man villa fan"
Quote from: "PhilGibson"
That latest interview to me sounds like a man who is losing the passion for the job he is doing, it sounds as if he is going through the motions and coming out with same tired sound bites year after year.

He comes across as negative a lot of the time, but this time feels different. If you look at the way Benitez was acting last season with the interviews from Yossi Benayoun, freezing players out, acting erractically etc. It appears from the outside looking in that Martin is doing the same. I feel as if he is reaching the end of his tenure with us and he knows it.

I get the similar feeling.

As Norm Crandles, a fellow Ulsterman once replied to somebody re MoN in a different context, you don't know the Irish very well then.

I think that once he realises he cannot maintain the steady, cautious approach, he will cut loose.  Hold on to your seats.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #206 on: July 25, 2010, 03:06:13 AM »
Quote from: "TheSandman"

Nah.

Where has Pelty said they're not?  All he did was give his honest opinion, which is one that an increasing number of people seem to be agreeing with.

I doubt whether that thought  would ever occur to him

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2010, 10:05:31 AM »
Quote from: "TheSandman"

Nah.

No, he's been a Villa fan for 5 minutes I don't think he understands the game. I read more good sense from posters on here every day than I have ever seen from him.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »
I read more good sense from posters on here every day than I have ever seen from him.

Roughly translated as:

"I read more stuff that agrees with MY point of view from posters on here than I have ever seen from him."

Offline eastie

« Reply #209 on: July 25, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
dunno about that coops , im not sure that many agree with chris do they?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal