collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where do you think we will finish this season ?  (Read 18041 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Where do you think we will finish this season ?
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 09:56:10 AM »
Went 6th, but it's very hard to judge until all the buying and selling is done, ours and the other sides.

I can see Man City challenging towards the top and Liverpool improving with Woy, but Spurs struggling to balance PL and CL and Arsenal slipping a bit.

1st to 3rd - Man U, Chelsea and Man City
4th & 5th - Arsenal and Liverpool
6th to 8th - Spurs, Everton and us

Offline sfx412

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
Quote from: "SoccerHQ"
Can anyone see MON getting a stay of execution if we finish below 6th and we don't win a trophy to gloss over the decline?

Can anybody see MON having his hairy arse kissed in public by Mrs Overall, grishnakh and Risso and being piped off by Amy Winehouse if we win the league?

Ahh Mazies rim resorts to silly names again, could someone have slighted his favourite

As to the thread title, obviously missed by Maizies rim in his desperate need to slag off contributors, I've no idea at all and can't see how anyone can even proffer a guess until the season starts and Mon decides to buy the odd extra bench sitter.

My worry remains the same as always with Mon, if we get several long term injuries to key players how well will he cope, and will I cope with the inane excuses that will be forthcoming to explain his short comings away from his  mates like Maizie

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 11:03:53 AM »
This is the  season where MON will sign the players to put the icing on the cake he's  been so slowly (tortuously?) preparing anf baking for the last four years.  He'll get us  the playmaker and striker that will transform us and allow us to play a more controlled passing game with more ball retention,  creativity and cutting edge at home, allowing us to turn most of  those home draws into wins.  He'll get us a proper right back who can play a bit of football going forward, and rotate his players a bit more to keep them fresh and involved. This should see us break the top 4 or very very near.   So I'm going for 7th.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »
I went 6th.  This vote is meaningless until transfers have taken place.  Won't really be able to get a proper view of it until August 31st really.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
Quote from: "ktvillan"
This should see us break the top 4 or very very near.   So I'm going for 7th.

It'll be looking like 4th until end of Febrauary but it'll end up 7th by May.  Maybe with an extra point on last year.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »
It was just a bit of fun Malcolmtent, but I wasn't slagging off any contributors, just you.

Offline eastie

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »
7th place , although I think if we did finish 6th it would be a huge achievement next season seeing the quality of our opponents.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 11:31:17 AM »
Quote from: "east19"
7th place , although I think if we did finish 6th it would be a huge achievement next season seeing the quality of our opponents.

Just don't expect it to be recieved as such if that's what does happen.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 11:46:03 AM »
This is the  season where MON will sign the players to put the icing on the cake he's  been so slowly (tortuously?) preparing anf baking for the last four years.  He'll get us  the playmaker and striker that will transform us and allow us to play a more controlled passing game with more ball retention,  creativity and cutting edge at home, allowing us to turn most of  those home draws into wins.  He'll get us a proper right back who can play a bit of football going forward, and rotate his players a bit more to keep them fresh and involved.

Indeed.

And all joking aside, it would take the former to have a chance of producing the latter.

All in one summer?

He hasn't even found a defender diametrically opposed to a leftback (see what I did there) he's happy with after four calender years and eight windows - so I'll take a wild stab and say 'unlikely.'

Offline TheBarneyArmy

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
9th for me, depending on transfer activity.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »
Don't we have one of these ever season?

At the moment I will go for seventh and hopefully that elusive Cup win.  I'm confident that the defence will take care of its self, but if Milner goes it will be hard to replace him, and unless we buy players with more quaity on the ball, and more cutting edge up front we might just stay at last seasons level at best.  Of couse things could change.  I also think the manager needs to be more flexible with tactics, and maybe use youth players more ofton.  Of couse things can always change.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »
This is the  season where MON will sign the players to put the icing on the cake he's  been so slowly (tortuously?) preparing anf baking for the last four years.  He'll get us  the playmaker and striker that will transform us and allow us to play a more controlled passing game with more ball retention,  creativity and cutting edge at home, allowing us to turn most of  those home draws into wins.  He'll get us a proper right back who can play a bit of football going forward, and rotate his players a bit more to keep them fresh and involved. This should see us break the top 4 or very very near.   So I'm going for 7th.

joke threads on off topic mate

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
6th , it depends on keeping Milner and if keane comes him actually scoring goals.

If Delph, Clark , Fonz and Albrighton develop this season then future could be good

Milner gone and no decent replacement then it could be a bad season

Offline eastie

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 05:31:40 PM »
I'd be happy to finish 8th if we won a cup.

Offline Linus

« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 05:47:09 PM »
I can see us finishing below Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Fulham, and maybe one surprise team, so 10th :(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal