collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 4 years ago - O'Leary's out!!!!  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
4 years ago - O'Leary's out!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »
Doncaster is the first thing that springs to mind when DOL mentioned.

Thank God he went when he did.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »
Quote from: "Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air"
Quote from: "Chris Harte"
The only time I ever wrote to a Villa chairman was to Ellis about this prick, asking him to get rid.

Did you get a letter back from Deadly?

Yes I did. And an excellent one it was, answering every point I'd made in detail.

I was very impressed that someone from his office, and possibly Doug himself, had gone to the effort to respond in the way they did. I didn't agree with every counter-point, but it was very professionally responded to.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010, 03:36:05 AM »
To be honest, there's not that many quotes in the opening post that show what a self-serving tosser he could be. But by the time he started saying ''just cos Aston Villa won the FA Cup in the 80's or something doesn't mean anything now'' or something similar he really did become very smackable.

Offline OldUser

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
Couldn't stand the bloke, but he had a point with some of what he said.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »
Win or lose, I turned the sound off the tv every single time that man was interviewed.

No man has ever infuriated me as much as he.

TOSSER!!!!!!!!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »
Quote from: "IanB"
Couldn't stand the bloke, but he had a point with some of what he said.

What point was that then ?

Offline OldUser

Re: 4 years ago - O'Leary's out!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
"Over the next couple of seasons the aim is to get Villa back into the top six where it belongs."

"There is a genuine bunch of fans and then there is a arbitrary, capricious, changeable, cheating, coquettish, double-crossing, faithless, fitful, flighty, frivolous, inconstant, irresolute, lubricious, mercurial, mutable, quicksilver, sneaking, temperamental, ticklish, two-timing, unfaithful, unpredictable mob who get on your back."

Mid-way through last season about playing at Villa Park: "I think there is an element at Villa Park, the players seem to be saying, that jump on their backs very quickly and they get a bit nervous,"

Last season about expectations: "I get a lot of people quoting 'we've got a fine stadium and we won the European Cup' but I really don't know what that has got to do with 2006.''

"With some, because they are so biased in terms of saying what Aston Villa are and what Aston Villa should be doing, it's pointless writing back.

More on supporter letters: "I got letters saying 'congratulations on getting the job, we are Aston Villa, we expect to be in the top four by the end of the season'. I got loads of letters when we finished sixth - and I thought I did a great job - saying 'we've missed out on the Champions League'.

Doug Ellis on the 3-0 defeat at Doncaster, Villa's darkest day November 2005: "I felt humiliated, disgusted and embarrassed by our inept performance."

On the Sunday national newspaper stitch-up of Sven-Goran Eriksson in the Fake Sheikh saga: "It is not acceptable that the national coach speaks publicly about replacing another manager whilst he is in the post. I will co-operate with Sven as I always have, but I want recorded my dissatisfaction and my disappointment."

"Someone has to try and put Aston Villa back where they should belong and I'm up for the challenge."

Towards the end of his first season in charge: "There is going to have to be a big rebuilding job for the club," he said.

Offline OldUser

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 11:53:49 AM »
Same old same old, isn't it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal