collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General C. Krulak Thread XV  (Read 282660 times)

Offline tom.whybrow

Re: The General C. Krulak Thread XV
« Reply #435 on: August 11, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »
General just a quick note to say thank you for taking the time to communicate with us in what are both difficult and no doubt busy times.

I have always believed that there was something special about being a Villa fan and your efforts in these troubled times have proved that to be the case.  I do not believe other clubs would have gone to the efforts you have in the last few days to keep us in the picture.

It may not be easy in the next few weeks/months but I have every faith that you and Randy will do everything possible to get us through these tough times and we will be stronger for it.

In summary, despite the fact that there is a lot of negativity flying around at the moment, I just wanted to make the point (as a few others have) that there are a lot of people who still believe in you and Randy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #436 on: August 11, 2010, 01:43:15 PM »
General

I realise that there are some more important things happening at the club, but I thought you might appreciate a breather and have something a bit more mundane to answer!

I like the new website, but they insist on continuing with the stupid idea of not letting news stories be cut and paste in Internet Explorer.  You can get round by this using Firefox, but it's just inconvenient when you want to reproduce (and fully credit, naturally!) a story from the official site.  And of course, Firefox is for lentil-eating hippies and commies, so I wouldn't ordinarily be seen dead using it.

All the best!

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #437 on: August 11, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »
General,

Risso beat me to it, but I too was going to say I like the new website. It's good to see that the OS is following H&V's lead and updating to something better!

Oh, and would you agree that Risso is clearly stuck in the ice age with his use of IE and that Chrome is the way forward?

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2010, 04:15:50 PM »
I will not pay to use avtv as it got lot of interviews video and I can't watch it due to my deafness. Are there anything to give better support for deaf football fans on avtv.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #439 on: August 11, 2010, 04:55:44 PM »
Are you going to the game on Saturday General?

Offline peter w

« Reply #440 on: August 11, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »
General, I hope you continue posting on here and talking to us, as now the press have abused this relationship and used your forum quotes.

I think the General knew full well what would happen once he posted what he did here. Persoanlly, General, I'm more included to side with the board on this one but I would like to see martin O'Neill's stance and hear his side of the story.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #441 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13:28 AM »
GK, new website is superb.
Please could  you just nudge someone to include the 2 fixtures against Rapid though, as both are missing at the moment
Are you over for Sat ?
Will Randy stay now till new Mgr appointed or will Paul Faulkner oversee the final short list ?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #442 on: August 12, 2010, 06:47:42 AM »
General. First of all thank you for the statement you issued on here as regards nobody being bigger than the club. Its something we often hear, but sums up a lot of fans feelings about this weeks events.

I hope you are able to give a response to three questions I have.

1) In the statement from Randy Lerner, he says "To deal in greater detail would do little..". Can we expect any more statements on Martin O`Neills resignation once a new manager is found and the Milner situation is resolved or is it a case now of least said soonest mended ?

2) Are there any confidentiality clauses in place on Martin O`Neill regarding his resignation ?

3) What role if any does our club President Doug Ellis play during this time ? I would suggest that he at the very least represents continuity during an unforeseen time of upheaval. Bearing in mind he probably has more experience than anybody else in British football as to appointing a new manager. Would he be consulted as to the  process to seek out candidates ?

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
« Reply #443 on: August 12, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
A seperate topic has been started if you want to discuss Doug Ellis's possible role etc. quoted above.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #444 on: August 12, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »
General,

Thank you again for taking the time to answer our queries.

I was wondering whether there is any chance of transfers going through either way before a new manager is appointed.

I am not asking for specifics but is it possible that their were deals near completion before MON's resignation that may go through before a new manager is appointed?

Many thanks

Offline pelty

« Reply #445 on: August 12, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »
General Krulak here:

1.  I do not see Doug Ellis playing an active role in the Club at this time.  As I have indicated before, we do have a good deal of "football expertise" in and around the Villa and the Board.  We have many "advisors" who will be providing input as we move forward.

2.  I know that there are a few fans who are upset with me for some of my comments.  I regret if what I said has embarrassed anyone...fans or the Club.  At the same time, I did not say anything that hasn't been said before...or thought about.  The media enjoys picking out one or two sentences without putting everything into context.  Some folks complain that I sometimes use a military analogy when I discuss something...I am sorry but I spent 39 years in uniform and it is tough to shake.  My simple comment stems from the fact that I was disappointed over the manager's departure 5 days before our first game...I could have put it in the context of the military...but I didn't.

3.  Everyone is working 110% at the Club right now...Randy is over and deeply involved.  We WILL move forward and continue to set our sights high.  We will not rush out and get the first manager available...we will seek the righ man for the job.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #446 on: August 12, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
General Krulak here:

1.  I do not see Doug Ellis playing an active role in the Club at this time.  As I have indicated before, we do have a good deal of "football expertise" in and around the Villa and the Board.  We have many "advisors" who will be providing input as we move forward.

2.  I know that there are a few fans who are upset with me for some of my comments.  I regret if what I said has embarrassed anyone...fans or the Club.  At the same time, I did not say anything that hasn't been said before...or thought about.  The media enjoys picking out one or two sentences without putting everything into context.  Some folks complain that I sometimes use a military analogy when I discuss something...I am sorry but I spent 39 years in uniform and it is tough to shake.  My simple comment stems from the fact that I was disappointed over the manager's departure 5 days before our first game...I could have put it in the context of the military...but I didn't.

3.  Everyone is working 110% at the Club right now...Randy is over and deeply involved.  We WILL move forward and continue to set our sights high.  We will not rush out and get the first manager available...we will seek the righ man for the job.

Hi General,

did you intend to post this under the other login?

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #447 on: August 12, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »
General Krulak here:

Hi General,

did you intend to post this under the other login?

Other login, what is going on?

Offline pelty

« Reply #448 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:30 PM »
Pelty here. As most, but not all, know, I am the General's son. He was at my house and did not realize that my PC was logged in under my name so he posted without logging me out. The post is from the General not from me... Sorry for the confusion. He has since caught a plane out of here so I would expect all to be back to normal next time he posts...

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #449 on: August 12, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
Thanks pelty - is he on the way back to the UK for the game at the weekend?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal