collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread  (Read 3174 times)

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread
« Reply #210 on: Today at 10:20:17 PM »
For all those saying Lille were the better side on the night, yes, they were, which allowed them to win the game and take us into extra-time and penalties.  But the tie is over two legs, we won the first one 2-1 having looked comfortable-ish at 2-0.  They were better tonight, and they got what they deserved, a 2-1 victory.  But we deservedly won the tie.

Online Baldy

« Reply #211 on: Today at 10:20:25 PM »
We did a Man Utd job tonight!!

Scraped through by our short and curlies.

But hey, we can't always be brilliant.

Online garyellis

« Reply #212 on: Today at 10:21:00 PM »
Lille were a really good side, we won't face any better. It's our trophy to lose.

Agree. We didn't play well but the overall result is all that matters.
I honestly think we have knocked out the best team (apart from us) left in the competition. Lille are a very good side.
Agree 100%. At this time of the season it is results that count. Do not under estimate how much Sunday will gave taken out of our lads. Get behind them and take account of the options we have left. I am getting very frustrated about how our performance was not a 8 or 9 out of 10 given where we have come from and the resources available.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #213 on: Today at 10:23:11 PM »
I understand a lot of it is about getting in the zone and there isn’t a single goalie on the planet I’d prefer to have in a shoot out but…..deep down do you wish he’d turn it down a notch?

I think he could probably read the room (referee) a bit better.
Oh please feck off

Grow up. If he'd been sent off you'd all be after his blood. The ref was a complete bell end and was looking to send someone off all night. He pushed it right to the edge and only for some stupid rule nobody knew about, he stayed on.

Another day, another ref, he can do what he likes.
Its the miserableness of your posts after a fairly historic win. Just enjoy it for goodness sake, with Villa it doesn’t come around that often. Whatever the ins and outs of the game, its our biggest win in 40 years.
And in terms of growing up, i am a fully grown 50 year old adolescent and I hope I  always will be.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:24:57 PM by RamboandBruno »

Online lovejoy

« Reply #214 on: Today at 10:23:41 PM »
I didn't watch any of the penalties, I just couldn't.
Same, it was Tranmere all over again.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #215 on: Today at 10:24:26 PM »
Unai seems to find a way

Online Astnor

« Reply #216 on: Today at 10:24:57 PM »
For all those saying Lille were the better side on the night, yes, they were, which allowed them to win the game and take us into extra-time and penalties.  But the tie is over two legs, we won the first one 2-1 having looked comfortable-ish at 2-0.  They were better tonight, and they got what they deserved, a 2-1 victory.  But we deservedly won the tie.
Yes.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #217 on: Today at 10:25:11 PM »
ok, 7 (hopefully 8) cup finals to go. Let's do this...

Online AV84

« Reply #218 on: Today at 10:25:38 PM »
I understand a lot of it is about getting in the zone and there isn’t a single goalie on the planet I’d prefer to have in a shoot out but…..deep down do you wish he’d turn it down a notch?

I think he could probably read the room (referee) a bit better.
Oh please feck off

Grow up. If he'd been sent off you'd all be after his blood. The ref was a complete bell end and was looking to send someone off all night. He pushed it right to the edge and only for some stupid rule nobody knew about, he stayed on.

Another day, another ref, he can do what he likes.
Its the miserableness of your posts after a fairly historic win. Just enjoy it for goodness sake, with Villa it doesn’t come around that often. Whatever the ins and outs of the game, its our biggest win in 49 years.
And in terms of growing up, i am a fully grown 50 year old adolescent and I hope I  always will be.

What miserablness? Someone else asked the question, I gave an honest answer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal