collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

April 09, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 491 | Comments: 8

1967: Preston North End and...
April 03, 2021, 09:55:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1287 | Comments: 25

ďMental pain is...
April 01, 2021, 01:09:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 242 | Comments: 0

In the fifties it used to be t...
March 30, 2021, 12:00:59 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 413 | Comments: 5

Over the years, Villa Park has...
March 26, 2021, 01:56:48 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 526 | Comments: 9

On the principle that if you c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3929334 times)

Offline Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2022
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #25635 on: February 27, 2021, 01:54:12 PM »
Small Heath are rotten at every level they really are I have just been reading that two of their women players have been suspended for two matches for attending a illegal party and also they have been ordered to play their home match against  Manchester  City  on Sunday at the England training  centre as their home ground at Solihull is always unfit .They may have to play the rest of their home games away from Solihull  Anything bad and you can bet your life the name Birmingham City will be mentioned

You do remember what Jack did at the start of lockdown?
That is a very tenuous excuse to slag that club off :-)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25636 on: February 27, 2021, 02:01:56 PM »
So theyíve rebranded now. Shouldnít ĎThe Peoples Clubí be something like ĎThe Not Very Many Peoples, Iíve Been Working Nights, Tom Clubí

Idiots.

Online luke95

« Reply #25637 on: February 27, 2021, 02:20:25 PM »
The loyalty claim always makes me smile. They are the worst supported big city club in Western Europe, all things considered.
This every time

City of 1.2million people & they can barely muster 1% of the city to come out & back them

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #25638 on: February 27, 2021, 02:49:10 PM »
The local fans and peoples club shit gets trotted out at least a couple of times a year.  It seems to be some kind of badge of dishonour to have supporters from outside Birmingham.  Firstly, if you strip out fair weather and occasional visitor fans from the two clubs, we probably have a hardcore support of about 30-35,000.  They have about 18,000.  How that qualifies as making them the peoples club is anyone's guess.  And wasn't there a map published here once that showed the demographic of where fans were from and we still outdid them on that comfortably.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2022
« Reply #25639 on: February 27, 2021, 02:52:24 PM »
I guess its because being 'the peoples club' is almost impossible to prive or disprove using anything as inconvenient as facts.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #25640 on: February 27, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »
A friend of mine emigrated to Australia in the early noughties. The first time she returned with her new beau in tow, his first trip to Europe, I was chatting to him about various cultural differences (what do you call crisps, why is your beer so cold, why doesn't Richie Benaud like you, that kind of level), and we got round to 'soccer', a game he didn't follow. He said that should he choose to follow a club, my nose mates had clearly got to him first as he said it'd be that lot as they were the 'working class' club. Upon lengthier scrutiny over many, many, many drinks, it would appear that the terms 'working class' and 'skint and perennially shit' had become interchangeable. Who knew? Honestly, if you're the 'working class' club in the city that built the world, you'd think you could perhaps expect to have used the accompanying riches to become world famous, have your colours recognised and mimicked globally, and to have been the most decorated club in your own country for seventy-odd years. They couldn't even manage that, the skint pricks.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #25641 on: February 27, 2021, 04:18:06 PM »
When I hear this drivel I absolutely love to reinforce that my working class, Brum background is all Villa, to which I often get ďbut youíre all right ď - itís bollocks - itís an inferior complexity that I couldnít care less about when they use it in such a context.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #25642 on: February 27, 2021, 04:48:54 PM »
If two businesses start out in roughly the same place at roughly the same time, and 140 years later one trades globally and the other is still a corner shop, it's a fair bet that the global one is the more successful.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #25643 on: February 27, 2021, 05:54:36 PM »
Wigan had a more successful last decade than Tottenham...

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #25644 on: February 27, 2021, 07:44:17 PM »
With the spawny viler diver greasy out, the SHA match thread on us decided to target Targett. This quickly moved on to slagging off Southgate and a debate if bacon face Dean Smith should become England manager. This was dismissed on the basis that someone came up with the idea as they are all pissed after gaining a rare win earlier. The thread concluded with this gem.

Los Azules
19:31, Sat 27 Feb
 Rab C Nesbitt
Iíve decided Iím not watching villa again this season. Too much cheating, moaning and rolling. Also winning.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #25645 on: February 27, 2021, 07:50:30 PM »
With the spawny viler diver greasy out, the SHA match thread on us decided to target Targett. This quickly moved on to slagging off Southgate and a debate if bacon face Dean Smith should become England manager. This was dismissed on the basis that someone came up with the idea as they are all pissed after gaining a rare win earlier. The thread concluded with this gem.

Los Azules
19:31, Sat 27 Feb
 Rab C Nesbitt
Iíve decided Iím not watching villa again this season. Too much cheating, moaning and rolling. Also winning.

A three page match thread on our game tonight. I don't know how they keep track on all the threads they have about us.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #25646 on: February 27, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Every week they find some new way weíve cheated. Itís incredible. Clutching at straws.com.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25647 on: February 27, 2021, 09:57:21 PM »
Anyone know where this part of Brum they all live in is? Itís called ĎDenialí?

Online Ian.

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #25648 on: February 27, 2021, 10:00:51 PM »
Do they not think itís odd having a match thread dedicated to anyone else but themselves? Maybe a generic one for all else. Itís all very odd.

Offline Rico

« Reply #25649 on: February 28, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »
All this crap about them being the real brummies makes me laugh. I grew up in Erdington and don't think I actually met a bluenose until I was 18, and even then it was when I started working in the bluenose strong hold of Sheldon, and even then there was more Villa than blues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal