collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* *  Out Soon  * *  

February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1163 | Comments: 16

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 433 | Comments: 2

Thereís certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 836 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...
February 03, 2021, 02:11:06 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1336 | Comments: 17

Nineteen games gone and we're ...
February 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 458 | Comments: 0

In normal times, either at Vil...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3867772 times)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #25035 on: January 21, 2021, 02:38:47 AM »
Apparently itís the state of their pitch now thatís causing them a disadvantage.  Theyíre trying to get it down and play slick attractive football whilst other teams play percentages.  Is there a fan base that talks more horse shit to disguise their own shortcomings?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2021
« Reply #25036 on: January 21, 2021, 03:41:28 AM »
Apparently itís the state of their pitch now thatís causing them a disadvantage.  Theyíre trying to get it down and play slick attractive football whilst other teams play percentages.  Is there a fan base that talks more horse shit to disguise their own shortcomings?

Normally i'd say no but both Wolves and Leeds this season have given them a run for their money.

Online Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #25037 on: January 21, 2021, 07:11:51 AM »

Aren't they just admitting that as well as shit players they've got shit ground staff too?

I'm sure if the players were that good they'd be able to adapt to the ploughed field they call home.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #25038 on: January 21, 2021, 07:56:03 AM »
Blues are now in a serious relegation scrap and the danger is that as a club they're not realising it and doing nothing about it.
I may be wrong but in previous seasons when they've gone close to going down they've had only a handful of games left to get out of trouble and have managed to survive.

The difference is this time they're in a mess with half a season  left and with the club arrogance and mentality wrong it could be the year they finally fall.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #25039 on: January 21, 2021, 08:34:33 AM »
They'll be fine. If they are close to relegation  the league will just deduct points from another of their rivals again.

The league always ensure that points deductions matter unless it's Birmingham City in which case they'll wait until they know it will make no difference.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25040 on: January 21, 2021, 10:39:11 AM »
You can see Forest and Derby picking up more points then Blues.  Wycombe and probably Rotherham would go down so that leaves Sheffield Wednesday who are as much of a basket case club as blues.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #25041 on: January 21, 2021, 10:43:21 AM »
They are more worried about us, their Villa thread has more ongoing remarks than any about  their loss to Preston or relegation battle. One Nose saying he would be delighted for Villa to break the cartel of top clubs because its good for Birmingham, as you can imagine he's being treated like hes criminally insane.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #25042 on: January 21, 2021, 10:47:55 AM »
One Nose saying he would be delighted for Villa to break the cartel of top clubs because its good for Birmingham, as you can imagine he's being treated like hes criminally insane.

He does look on the wind up though.  Imagine someone on here saying they want Blues doing well for the happiness of the region?

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #25043 on: January 21, 2021, 11:04:28 AM »
One Nose saying he would be delighted for Villa to break the cartel of top clubs because its good for Birmingham, as you can imagine he's being treated like hes criminally insane.

He does look on the wind up though.  Imagine someone on here saying they want Blues doing well for the happiness of the region?

We never get Noses on here like that, they are never subtle. Its always "You lot live in Lichfield, you never drink in town and we carry the name of the city."

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #25044 on: January 21, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
Interesting snippet on that thread re wee Tony:
https://twitter.com/titan_plus/status/1352162918612103168?s=20

Offline Dave P

« Reply #25045 on: January 21, 2021, 11:33:13 AM »
Interesting snippet on that thread re wee Tony:
https://twitter.com/titan_plus/status/1352162918612103168?s=20

The fact this has nothing to do with us is so pleasing.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #25046 on: January 21, 2021, 11:36:46 AM »
Quite.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #25047 on: January 21, 2021, 11:37:57 AM »
Quite frightening he ever managed to get hold of our club

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 10.01.2021
« Reply #25048 on: January 21, 2021, 11:45:39 AM »
And calling everyone "kid".

I thought this was just my brother in-law....he's a nose obviously.  "oright are kid" is his greeting.  I've always thought it odd for many years but now coming from the mouth of a 50+ year old it is very strange even if it is meant to be a term of endearment. And now that I see it's a thing .....a noseism, it makes more sense.

Itís not a nose thing, my dad used to use it all the time, and he introduced me to the claret and blue
Definitely not a nose thing....a lot of my family use it....all of them Villa and all from Aston, Hockley, Newtown, Lozells.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #25049 on: January 21, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »
And calling everyone "kid".

I thought this was just my brother in-law....he's a nose obviously.  "oright are kid" is his greeting.  I've always thought it odd for many years but now coming from the mouth of a 50+ year old it is very strange even if it is meant to be a term of endearment. And now that I see it's a thing .....a noseism, it makes more sense.

It’s not a nose thing, my dad used to use it all the time, and he introduced me to the claret and blue
Definitely not a nose thing....a lot of my family use it....all of them Villa and all from Aston, Hockley, Newtown, Lozells.

Let me clarify: the use of the word "kid" in itself is, of course, very common Brummie parlance however the context of being called "kid" by a 'nose is totally different from that used as a jocular term to friends and family.

It's used in a sneering, condescending way, generally to perfect strangers as they justify their frankly delusional sense of superiority over Aston Villa. It is undercut with the vague threat that this exchange could turn rather nasty in the twinkling of an eye or positive word about Aston Villa, this preachy "tellin' ya kid" about the working class club in Birmingham, Range Rovers and Bruges reveals a huge inferiority complex that is generally, but not always, reconciled by violence or the threat of violence.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal