collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Welcome to our new moderator by Risso
[Today at 05:23:34 PM]

Ross Barkley - signed by DrGonzo
[Today at 05:01:59 PM]

Henri Lansbury - SIGNED by N'ZMAV
[Today at 04:38:37 PM]

Other clubs you like to see do well by Tayls_7
[Today at 04:19:00 PM]

New Villa Book... sort of...Now available in paperback! by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:00:35 PM]

Villa v Leeds post match thread by Hookeysmith
[Today at 01:32:54 PM]

The Alex Cropley Story by Jon Crofts
[Today at 01:26:14 PM]

The Running thread by Richard E
[Today at 01:05:54 PM]

October 25, 2020, 05:38:44 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 552 | Comments: 3

Since they bought the club jus...
October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1143 | Comments: 16

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 579 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1431 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 607 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3696873 times)

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 06.08.2021
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #23880 on: September 23, 2020, 11:41:31 AM »
Marc Albrighton ?  Tamworth I know :)

UTV
The Doc

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23881 on: September 23, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »
Mark Walters was another that'd sneak in the Holte for the end of the game once they'd unlocked the gates, I believe.

Didn't Mark Walters go to Holte Comp a stones throw from the ground as a schoolkid.

I know Lee Hendrie had a Villa related private plate on his Porsche but I can't remember exactly what it read. His missus (she was fit and friendly) used to shop at the local One Stop around the corner from our house. She had a big four wheel drive with a private plate that read 'Hen'. I also used to run into Lee Hendrie in my local chippy in Damson Lane and at the petrol station in Solihull town centre. He laughed at me a few years back when I was filling my new car up with petrol for the first time and had pulled up at the wrong side of the pump. The last time I saw him he was driving a big white Mercedes saloon.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23882 on: September 23, 2020, 11:52:11 AM »
The last time I saw him he was driving a big white Mercedes saloon.

Was that before or after he filed for bankruptcy?

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #23883 on: September 23, 2020, 11:53:19 AM »
Zat Knight

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23884 on: September 23, 2020, 12:02:33 PM »
The last time I saw him he was driving a big white Mercedes saloon.

Was that before or after he filed for bankruptcy?

After because I distinctly remember thinking he had gone bankrupt but was still driving a car worth probably at least forty grand more expensive than my car.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #23885 on: September 23, 2020, 12:05:09 PM »
One of their lot had this to say about Dean Smith...

“Is it any surprise given what their odious toad of a manager encourages from his players?

He's a cheat, always has been and always will be. He's perfect for them. A disgusting cretin of a man.”

A “disgusting cretin of a man”?? Just where do these people get their hatred from?

This about a man who has earned the right to be a Premier League manager by working his way up from the lower tiers, and managed us to promotion, a cup final and then survival in less than 2 years whilst also dealing with the illness and death of his father.  And from the supporters of a club who have openly celebrated attacking our players on the field of play on more than one occasion.

I think this quote says everything anyone needs to know about a good proportion of their 'support'.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #23886 on: September 23, 2020, 12:09:32 PM »
Zat Knight

Our Sunday morning homes games were at the 'HP' pitches on Grange Rd in Erdington. One morning after we'd played Fulham we noticed this huge guy doing laps of all the pitches as we were playing, and it turned out it was him, his mum lived on Poppy Lane over the road and he'd stayed there after the game. He then signed for us a few days later.

Offline Rory Christopher

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23887 on: September 23, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »

“Is it any surprise given what their odious toad of a manager encourages from his players?

He's a cheat, always has been and always will be. He's perfect for them. A disgusting cretin of a man.”

A “disgusting cretin of a man”?? Just where do these people get their hatred from?

This about a man who has earned the right to be a Premier League manager by working his way up from the lower tiers, and managed us to promotion, a cup final and then survival in less than 2 years whilst also dealing with the illness and death of his father.  And from the supporters of a club who have openly celebrated attacking our players on the field of play on more than one occasion.

I think this quote says everything anyone needs to know about a good proportion of their 'support'.

Well said, Pat.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2021
« Reply #23888 on: September 23, 2020, 01:46:31 PM »
The Baggies are the same - they think The Lord is My Shepherd was invented in the Malt Shovel on the Walsall Road.

I am surprised they are religious enough to sing a hymn. Surely if there was a God he wouldn't have made it snow so much it stopped them from winning the title in 1979.

I never knew they had any association with the that hymn until I saw it printed on one of the seat covers last weekend....must have passed me by that one.  Is is a walk on tune they use?

S’pose it’s better that ‘boing boing....going down’

They've been singing it for years. Nobody knows why, or cares.

Yeah I remember them singing it in the mid 70s.....well the ones that knew the words!

Offline avfc456

« Reply #23889 on: September 23, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »

UTV
The Doc

Big Villa fan, I'm sure he still has a season ticket

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 06.08.2021
« Reply #23890 on: September 23, 2020, 02:17:29 PM »

UTV
The Doc

Big Villa fan, I'm sure he still has a season ticket

saw him a few years ago at Arsenal away

UTV
The Doc

Online nodge

• GM : 26.01.2021
« Reply #23891 on: September 23, 2020, 03:09:19 PM »
Mark Walters was another that'd sneak in the Holte for the end of the game once they'd unlocked the gates, I believe.

Didn't Mark Walters go to Holte Comp a stones throw from the ground as a schoolkid.

I know Lee Hendrie had a Villa related private plate on his Porsche but I can't remember exactly what it read. His missus (she was fit and friendly) used to shop at the local One Stop around the corner from our house. She had a big four wheel drive with a private plate that read 'Hen'. I also used to run into Lee Hendrie in my local chippy in Damson Lane and at the petrol station in Solihull town centre. He laughed at me a few years back when I was filling my new car up with petrol for the first time and had pulled up at the wrong side of the pump. The last time I saw him he was driving a big white Mercedes saloon.

Think his reg was V111ALH

Offline LeeB

« Reply #23892 on: September 23, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »

Think his reg was V111ALH

He bought his first house not long after signing professional near Park Hall School, on the same development as Olaftab of this parish, I believe, not far from where I lived. I remember standing waiting for the bus on Beechcroft Rd on a summer night, would have been 18, and he come sailing past in a 3 series cabriolet with the top down and gave me a toot and a thumbs up.

At the time, I think I earned £25 a week glass collecting. Life is not fair.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23893 on: September 23, 2020, 04:53:44 PM »

Well said, Pat.

Talk about stones and glass houses. I will leave it to other people if they want to delve into the various indiscretions of John Bond, Lou Macari, Barry Fry and Harry Redknapp.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #23894 on: September 23, 2020, 04:58:09 PM »

Well said, Pat.

Talk about stones and glass houses. I will leave it to other people if they want to delve into the various indiscretions of John Bond, Lou Macari, Barry Fry and Harry Redknapp.

It was the perfect gig for Macari at the rags. I mean, if you're into betting against your own team, there's no better outfit. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal