collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3616839 times)

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #23355 on: July 15, 2020, 10:39:39 AM »
Never been to Coventry but Seven Sisters is a bitch of a walk so I usually stop at a pub en route.

Looks like Jude off to Dortmund for 25 million euros.
https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/fussball/fussball/bvb-jude-bellingham-so-tickt-der-teuerste-bubi-der-bundesliga-71892406,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #23356 on: July 15, 2020, 11:00:30 AM »
What was longer? The walk from Cov station to Highfield Road or Seven Sisters Station to White Hart Lane? Ive done both but many moons ago and cant pick a winner.

Well according to google maps the walk to highfield road is 1.7 miles.

« Reply #23357 on: July 15, 2020, 11:19:10 AM »
What was longer? The walk from Cov station to Highfield Road or Seven Sisters Station to White Hart Lane? Ive done both but many moons ago and cant pick a winner.

I was sad enough to check it too and it has the Seven Sisters walk at 2.2 miles.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #23358 on: July 15, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »
One ground i never went to the old WHL.  Not sure why.

« Reply #23359 on: July 15, 2020, 03:14:44 PM »
Despite despising Spurs and the lengthy walk from the tube it was probably my favourite away ground.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23361 on: July 15, 2020, 06:35:16 PM »
Despite despising Spurs and the lengthy walk from the tube it was probably my favourite away ground.

We had some good results at both Highbury and White Hart Lane in the nineties. My first visit to Highbury was early in the 1988/89 season and we won 3-2. We went on to win 1-0 there twice with a late Chris Price winner in a midweek game live on ITV and an Easter Monday win with a Tony Daley goal on the day Small Heath were 4-1 up at home to Swindon and lost 6-4. The chants on the coach on the way home were to the tune of the banana boat song. "Swindon, Swindon, 4-1 up and you lost 6-4, not one not two not three not four, 4-1 up and you lost 6-4"! Although in the Dr Jo season we couldn't find anywhere to park and missed most of the first half. We eventually lost 5-0 with David Platt ending up in goal. My first visit to Spurs was our 2-0 win in 1990 and I came out of the ground convinced we would win the league. Another couple of visits were when we came from 2-0 down to win 2-5 in BFR's first season and our Monday night win in the FA Cup third round replay when Yorke got the only goal of the game. Highbury was my favourite away ground. I thought it had a history, tradition and class similar to Villa Park.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 06:37:39 PM by Damo70 »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23362 on: July 15, 2020, 07:05:51 PM »

Probably 1.9 miles if you took a detour to the sex shop all the Villa fans used to pile into pre match for a laugh.
I never saw anyone buy anything but you probably wouldn't with a couple of dozen fellow Villa fans ready to slaughter you if you did. I think it was the first time I saw a blow up sex doll in the flesh so to speak. It certainly didn't look like the pictures on the box they used to advertise in Fiesta magazine. It looked bloody scary.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23363 on: July 15, 2020, 10:01:24 PM »
Small Heath aren't going down. They are good at nicking a few points here and there. The current bottom three each have a terrible minus goal difference compared to them. For me Small Heath are better than Huddersfield, Hull, Luton and Barnsley and are probably on a par to Charlton. Having said that the bottom six's last five games before tonight's results were

Small Heath 1 point
Huddersfield 6 points
Charlton 2 points
Hull 1 point
Luton 6 points
Barnsley 6 points

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #23364 on: July 16, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »
Yep, if Charlton had won last night it could've got interesting but they're going to stumble over the line aren't they.

Again!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23365 on: July 16, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
The noses are convinced that if they stay up this season they will go down next season if the current ownership remain in place. It is always feast or famine for Small Heath fans. Three defeats on the bounce and they brace themselves for relegation. Three wins on the bounce and they reckon they will soon be bigger than the Villa.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #23366 on: July 16, 2020, 11:54:30 AM »
They'll have the Bellingham money, and there are always at least three or four really bad teams in that league. It takes a special effort to get relegated from the second tier.

I'm sure they'll give it their best shot, mind.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #23367 on: July 16, 2020, 12:28:29 PM »
This is the sole aim of their ambition.  One of them has said on the latest Vile thread that if they stay up and we go down itíll be a pretty good season for them.  Thereís the difference right there in one sentence.  I think Iíd respect them more if they actually for once focused on them leveraging the fact that they are in the 2nd city instead of being a total embarrassment to it.

Offline luke95

« Reply #23368 on: July 16, 2020, 12:37:45 PM »
They'll have the Bellingham money, and there are always at least three or four really bad teams in that league. It takes a special effort to get relegated from the second tier.

I'm sure they'll give it their best shot, mind.
Bellingham money .... he hasn't signed a contract at blues so technically isnt he a free agent ?
They are talking a £20-25million fee becouse his family have arranged it between the 2 clubs .

How does this work exactly ?

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #23369 on: July 16, 2020, 02:50:01 PM »
This is the sole aim of their ambition.  One of them has said on the latest Vile thread that if they stay up and we go down itíll be a pretty good season for them.  Thereís the difference right there in one sentence.  I think Iíd respect them more if they actually for once focused on them leveraging the fact that they are in the 2nd city instead of being a total embarrassment to it.

Pikey Bleeders innit

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal