collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3558356 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #23085 on: March 26, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
It would be hilarious if the kid leaves for next to fuck all. In the grand scheme of things the money will be hoovered up to pay off some of the massive debts they have and it will mean very little to them. Mean while we will dodge a potential relegation because of unforseen circumstances and they will be livid over their little obsession. Oh well never mind.

Offline nigel

« Reply #23086 on: March 27, 2020, 05:43:00 PM »
If a 16 year old kid who has played a handful of Championship games is fetching 30 million what should we get for Jack if he goes ?

He'll go for something in the region of £12m with big add ons up to £25-30m
They will probably need to sell, so the buyer will hold all the cards

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23087 on: March 27, 2020, 06:01:44 PM »
Small Heath are desperate for the cash but if they box clever they could still create an auction situation as it appears he is quite sought after. On the other side of the coin there is no point in any club trying to offer them long term installments or add on clauses for future appearances or international caps. Small Heath need as much money as possible upfront.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #23088 on: March 27, 2020, 10:54:18 PM »
Is he as good as what is been made out? Or are they doing what they did with Redmond, Gray and Adams, were by they're that used to dross that anybody that can do a step over without tripping themself up (Im looking at you David Dunn) is instantly hailed as a wonderkid/top talent. Im hugely skeptical on this, granted I've only seen him play 5 times maximum but he's looked like a boy against men on those occasions. I predict a big move, followed by multiple loans, followed by a move to a Burnley type of club.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23089 on: March 27, 2020, 11:39:59 PM »
Is he as good as what is been made out? Or are they doing what they did with Redmond, Gray and Adams, were by they're that used to dross that anybody that can do a step over without tripping themself up (Im looking at you David Dunn) is instantly hailed as a wonderkid/top talent. Im hugely skeptical on this, granted I've only seen him play 5 times maximum but he's looked like a boy against men on those occasions. I predict a big move, followed by multiple loans, followed by a move to a Burnley type of club.

The fact that he's the most grounded 16 year old imaginable will go a long way. By all accounts he's the real thing.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23090 on: March 27, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »
From what i've seen he's got the potential to be very very good.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23091 on: March 28, 2020, 07:02:32 AM »
Yes Bellingham is very good indeed. If he continues his rate of development, then he’ll absolutely be the real deal

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23092 on: March 28, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
The national media, particularly SKY have noticed him and are bigging him up despite the fact he only plays for little old Small Heath in the Championship so he must have something about him.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #23093 on: March 28, 2020, 03:22:22 PM »
Be interesting to see how far he can go then.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #23094 on: March 28, 2020, 03:42:47 PM »
Be interesting to see how far he can go then.

About 2½ miles as the crow flies.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #23095 on: March 28, 2020, 08:49:19 PM »
He is absolutely superb let alone given that he's only 16.He has size, he's a brilliant defensive midfielder, great footwork with the ball, can dribble, gets forward, chips in with the odd goal. If he was ours we'd be salivating over this kid. He will go for big money before next season and give that lot a massive financial boost.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23096 on: March 29, 2020, 04:49:08 AM »
He is absolutely superb let alone given that he's only 16.He has size, he's a brilliant defensive midfielder, great footwork with the ball, can dribble, gets forward, chips in with the odd goal. If he was ours we'd be salivating over this kid. He will go for big money before next season and give that lot a massive financial boost.

They need a cash injection now and who knows when football clubs will start buying and selling players again?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #23097 on: March 29, 2020, 07:35:36 AM »
It's difficult when they're 16.  We've had a few ourselves over the years.

From the little I've seen of Bellingham, he does look very promising and he's certainly caught the attention of other clubs and the media.

I have a feeling that transfer fees are going to be a lot lower when football starts back.  They may have missed the boat for silly money.

Hopefully they just fold anyway or are forced to amalgamate with Solihull Moors.  Would be a good move all round really given most of their fans are from Solihull.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #23098 on: March 29, 2020, 04:57:27 PM »

From the little I've seen of Bellingham, he does look very promising and he's certainly caught the attention of other clubs and the media.

I have a feeling that transfer fees are going to be a lot lower when football starts back.  They may have missed the boat for silly money.

Hopefully they just fold anyway or are forced to amalgamate with Solihull Moors.  Would be a good move all round really given most of their fans are from Solihull.

The Moors' ground is a better size for them too.

Offline Bren'd

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #23099 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:39 AM »

The Moors' ground is a better size for them too.

They'd have to change name too.  Solihull Blues or something like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal