collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* *  Out Soon  * *  

February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1291 | Comments: 16

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 467 | Comments: 2

There’s certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 861 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...
February 03, 2021, 02:11:06 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1383 | Comments: 17

Nineteen games gone and we're ...
February 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 489 | Comments: 0

In normal times, either at Vil...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3874719 times)

Online pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #25065 on: January 21, 2021, 10:15:13 PM »
There is more interest on the Small Heath forum about us because they exist just to hate the Villa .Pity fat bastard Moss robbed us of a point ,that would have been hard for them to take

Online Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #25066 on: January 21, 2021, 10:15:16 PM »
I do get the Bloose dislike towards us - local rivals and pure jealously knowing we would be a bigger club if they were champions of the world and we were non league, but Coventry.  We always gave them one of their biggest gates of the season, we are not an out and  out hooligan support, our football by and large is not negative and  never has  been.  In the 70's I understand that they quite liked  us so wonder what has changed em.

I'm guessing it was our general merriment at singing we'll meet again 20 years ago...

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #25067 on: January 21, 2021, 10:38:00 PM »
I do get the Bloose dislike towards us - local rivals and pure jealously knowing we would be a bigger club if they were champions of the world and we were non league, but Coventry.  We always gave them one of their biggest gates of the season, we are not an out and  out hooligan support, our football by and large is not negative and  never has  been.  In the 70's I understand that they quite liked  us so wonder what has changed em.

I'm guessing it was our general merriment at singing we'll meet again 20 years ago...

What did they expect after unfurling a big SOTV banner at half-time when they were 2-0 up?

Online West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2021
« Reply #25068 on: January 21, 2021, 10:55:27 PM »

Every time we visited in the 70s I certainly don’t recall any bonhomme

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25069 on: January 21, 2021, 11:19:02 PM »
My dislike of Coventry is possibly greater than that of the great unwashed, and I can explain this by having two thirds of my family (who I like) being Noses, and the fact that they’re Brummies. 

Coventry, on the other hand, hate us because they can only dream of being Brummies, they’re a non descript bunch of jealous inbreds from the M69 hinterland, and should be given a free transfer to the East Midlands. The fact that they call a cob a ‘batch’ just adds fuel to the fire.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:21:46 PM by Des Little »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #25071 on: January 22, 2021, 08:08:05 AM »
That Coventry home game the 3-2 would definitely make it into my top ten most enjoyable days out.  If you recall they kept escaping relegation year in year out with last gasp wins etc.  They go 2-0 up in the first half then the arrogance took hold.  As you say the banner unfurling which they didn’t dare to do at the start for fear of looking dicks too early.  Invading the pitch when the 2nd when in - all sorts of chicanery.

Then our 2nd half comeback and their collective distraught faces were things of beauty.  They’ll be back.  Topped off by JPA’s first goal and one of the best goals I’ve seen from Merse.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25072 on: January 22, 2021, 09:09:17 AM »
That Coventry home game the 3-2 would definitely make it into my top ten most enjoyable days out.  If you recall they kept escaping relegation year in year out with last gasp wins etc.  They go 2-0 up in the first half then the arrogance took hold.  As you say the banner unfurling which they didn’t dare to do at the start for fear of looking dicks too early.  Invading the pitch when the 2nd when in - all sorts of chicanery.

Then our 2nd half comeback and their collective distraught faces were things of beauty.  They’ll be back.  Topped off by JPA’s first goal and one of the best goals I’ve seen from Merse.

And mine.  It was the supporters player of the season awards that night and I went with my Dad and a mate.  Met Juan Pablo and Ginola as well as a few others.  Got told off by Chico Hamilton for calling him Chico.  "My name is Ian!"

Online Damo70

« Reply #25073 on: January 22, 2021, 11:58:48 AM »

My wife was heavily pregnant with my son when she accompanied me to that Coventry game. I suggested it would be great if he was born at Villa Park. She didn't agree with my sentiment.

Offline TheTimVilla

• GM : 13.02.2022
« Reply #25074 on: January 22, 2021, 03:43:14 PM »
The COVID outbreak is suspicious now because some of the players have had haircuts.

The German media are wondering how the professional players all have great haircuts. They can't believe ALL of the WAGs are hairdressers.

Online olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2021
« Reply #25075 on: January 22, 2021, 03:51:55 PM »
Driving past the cesspit today I noticed the rather sparse decorative effort:

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #25076 on: January 22, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »

The railings are structurally defective and can't support the weight of banners boasting how they flogged their best ever player for £1m.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #25077 on: January 23, 2021, 07:38:10 AM »

The railings are structurally defective and can't support the weight of banners boasting how they flogged their best ever player for £1m.

Ha ha quality!!

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #25078 on: January 23, 2021, 10:29:57 AM »

Was the club shop busy?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #25079 on: January 23, 2021, 10:40:12 AM »
Only for click and returns!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal