collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
April 09, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 518 | Comments: 8

1967: Preston North End and...
April 03, 2021, 09:55:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1309 | Comments: 25

“Mental pain is...
April 01, 2021, 01:09:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 246 | Comments: 0

In the fifties it used to be t...
March 30, 2021, 12:00:59 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 418 | Comments: 5

Over the years, Villa Park has...
March 26, 2021, 01:56:48 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 537 | Comments: 9

On the principle that if you c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 3929865 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving
« Reply #24930 on: January 14, 2021, 04:14:39 PM »
Surely surviving the Karanka cull is akin to being the tallest dwarf

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #24931 on: January 14, 2021, 05:36:16 PM »
Surely surviving the Karanka cull is akin to being the tallest dwarf

Craig Gardner left of his own accord.

Offline Fasth56

• Location: We are Aston Villa, occasionally we may fall below our station, but ultimately we climb our way back because we are Aston Villa
  • GM : 30.01.2022
« Reply #24932 on: January 14, 2021, 07:47:13 PM »
Davis has evidently left, the club announcement says it all,    " This continued dedication was duly rewarded following the 2016/17 campaign, with Davis deservedly recognised at the Club’s end of season awards. Named Players’ Player and Supporters’ Player of the season, he also went home with the Moment of the Season crown for his crucial goal against Aston Villa"  For that goal he will have the shirt retired and be immediately enrolled into the "legends" club

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #24933 on: January 14, 2021, 08:20:39 PM »
They have a thread about Brummie Reds, the sentiments of which  I agree with. Then typically it comes back round to us.

“I cant tolerare villa fans from Black Country and Staffs

NO, not because they are 'out of towners' ( I dont care who is and who isnt from Brum) But because they dont support teams from where they from or nearest to them.

Dudley Villa, Walsall villains.. whats that all about? They not heard of Wolves, wba, walsall?

Clubs like Walsall need local support and then Dave from Brownhiils or Pelsall anounces on local radio in a BC accent that he supports B6??

A B6 fan from Walsall i worked with used to spend his life slagging man u fans for not being from manchester. The irony of someone from walsall (him) not supporting walsall but villa instead was lost on him.”

I never understand their mentality that they are different from the rest of the football league, that they have this unique support exclusively from the Birmingham area, where I live (Tamworth) I would class as mainly Villa, but there is a decent percentage of Small Heath as well as Albion residing here, on derby day for example Tamworth pubs are allocated to either us or them

But I guess that the above would be conveniently ignored by said poster, and ignoring the fact that Tamworth like many other areas in the midlands has a large amount of Birmingham overspill of those who decided to move out of Brum (my parents for example moving from Great Barr).
Every time I've seen Small Heath on telly the biggest flag there is Redditch Blues. But that's ok I suppose? 

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24934 on: January 14, 2021, 09:06:37 PM »
Davis has evidently left, the club announcement says it all,    " This continued dedication was duly rewarded following the 2016/17 campaign, with Davis deservedly recognised at the Club’s end of season awards. Named Players’ Player and Supporters’ Player of the season, he also went home with the Moment of the Season crown for his crucial goal against Aston Villa"  For that goal he will have the shirt retired and be immediately enrolled into the "legends" club

I’m assuming Gary Gardner won our “moment of the season” too?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #24935 on: January 15, 2021, 05:22:21 AM »
No it was Gabby in the follow up game just for the rancid look on Redknapps face in the post match interview.

Online Rory

« Reply #24936 on: January 15, 2021, 09:19:56 AM »
No it was Gabby in the follow up game just for the rancid look on Redknapps face in the post match interview.

Doesn't his face always look like that?

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 06.08.2021
« Reply #24937 on: January 15, 2021, 09:59:01 AM »

is this actually true ?  retired another shirt ?? a legend because he scored aaginst the Vile ???

blimey...

UTV
The Doc

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #24938 on: January 15, 2021, 10:01:21 AM »

is this actually true ?  retired another shirt ?? a legend because he scored aaginst the Vile ???

blimey...

UTV
The Doc

I suspect the bit after the quote marks might not be.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 06.08.2021
« Reply #24939 on: January 15, 2021, 10:08:20 AM »
Somniloquism maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part  :)

UTV
The Doc

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #24940 on: January 15, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »
It is the sort of thing they would do.

They probably think Zarate is a "legend" for flicking a V Sign at us, during another Small Heath loss to us.

Online Rory

« Reply #24941 on: January 15, 2021, 10:55:05 AM »

They probably think Zarate is a "legend" for flicking a V Sign at us, during another Small Heath loss to us.

I'd forgotten him. Kicking the advertising boards during the 5-1 haha.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #24942 on: January 15, 2021, 11:07:00 AM »

The thing they would do is what they have done. Get a mention about getting one over the Villa if they can. The shirt thing and Legends is what the fans would do. The club only does shirt retirements if getting rid of Davis gave the owners £25mil to be used to keep the club afloat and rebuild the team pocket

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #24943 on: January 15, 2021, 11:19:22 AM »

Was the goal "crucial" because it won them a trophy? Because it guaranteed them promotion, or kept them up? No, it was "crucial" because it salvaged a draw. At home. To another club in the same division.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #24944 on: January 15, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

Was the goal "crucial" because it won them a trophy? Because it guaranteed them promotion, or kept them up? No, it was "crucial" because it salvaged a draw. At home. To another club in the same division.

At home to a club who were 16th in the table going into the game..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal