collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:03:06 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brian Evans  (Read 414 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Brian Evans
« on: March 27, 2024, 03:50:28 PM »
John Russell's co-conspirator at Digbeth, later a vice-president and a man whose loathing of the Stripeys made me and Chelts look like amateurs. His was a life well lived.

Offline trinityoap

Re: Brian Evans
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 04:11:20 PM »
Saddened to hear this. Funeral in Letterkenny I assume Dave.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 04:33:07 PM »
A lifelong and committed Villa fan and excellent company. One of the few who travelled to away 3rd division games. He said that on his death bed he would join the WBA supporters club so that it would be one less of them, not us.

Online malckennedy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 04:43:53 PM »
A lifelong and committed Villa fan and excellent company. One of the few who travelled to away 3rd division games. He said that on his death bed he would join the WBA supporters club so that it would be one less of them, not us.

Very sad news.

There were more than a few of us who travelled to away 3rd division games though.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 05:23:00 PM »
Brian worked in West Bromwich and when he couldn't get to a Villa game he would use one of his firm's tickets at the Hawthorns so that the opposition would have an extra supporter. He also took a car park pass even though he didn't drive so that one of Them wouldn't have it. His finest hour came in 1973 when he saw them get relegated and as he was leaving the ground he saw their captain, Tony Kaye, coming out of the players entrance. "I took his bag off him and carried it back to his car. I didn't say a word. I just smiled."

Every year on the anniversary of them fluking the cup in 1968 he wore a blue and white tie, "to celebrate them not winning a trophy for another year." When he told me that I said, "You're a bad man, Mister Evans." "Yes," he replied. "And I'm getting worse."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:59:50 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 05:32:46 AM »
Brian worked in West Bromwich and when he couldn't get to a Villa game he would use one of his firm's tickets at the Hawthorns so that the opposition would have an extra supporter. He also took a car park pass even though he didn't drive so that one of Them wouldn't have it. His finest hour came in 1973 when he saw them get relegated and as he was leaving the ground he saw their captain, Tony Kaye, coming out of the players entrance. "I took his bag off him and carried it back to his car. I didn't say a word. I just smiled."

Every year on the anniversary of them fluking the cup in 1968 he wore a blue and white tie, "to celebrate them not winning a trophy for another year." When he told me that. I said "You're a bad man. Mister Evans." "Yes," he replied. "And I'm getting worse."

That's brilliant Dave put a big smile on my face. RIP Brian.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 08:23:18 AM »
Dave, is it appropriate to post an article about the Digbeth Civic Hall protest meeting? I imagine that a lot of fans would have no idea how significant it was. Maybe there is a post from John Russell but I did find one from Birmingham Live.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-fans-protest-brought-11010565

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 10:46:00 AM »
Saddened to hear this. Funeral in Letterkenny I assume Dave.

Details of the arrangements here. https://rip.ie/death-notice/brian-evans-donegal-letterkenny-550709
Should you wish to, you can leave your condolences using the link at the bottom.

Sounds like he was a bit of a character, and had a level of hatred for the Olbiyun that Dave could only admire.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 10:50:21 AM »
I feel saddened that I never met Brian as he sounds like a great Villa character.

FTA Brian

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal