collapse collapse
Please Note...  The site will be moving servers at some point in the next few days (if testing goes okay), so please bear with me if the site is up/down occasionally.    Thank You
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ludwig Augustinsson - gone by tricky59
[Today at 10:09:12 PM]

Boxing 2023 by dave.woodhall
[Today at 10:01:16 PM]

January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread by Broadlee
[Today at 09:52:55 PM]

Cameron Archer (on loan at Middlesbrough) by Legion
[Today at 09:51:44 PM]

Other Games - 2022/2023 by Villa Lew
[Today at 08:08:00 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner by SaddVillan
[Today at 07:11:54 PM]

Kadan Young by SaddVillan
[Today at 07:09:58 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by SaddVillan
[Today at 06:56:09 PM]

July 23, 2022, 07:04:34 PM by algy | Views: 113764 | Comments: 3

Notice this ... should it be t...
August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 137373 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 137182 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 132137 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 131119 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jhon Durán - signed  (Read 19809 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Jhon Durán - signed
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2023, 07:46:54 AM »
Shared a dining table over many nights with two American couples while cruising back to Australia, I had a lot of fun winding them up as they were all rabid republicans, I came to realise that it really is a team sport to them. you pick your team and go all in. There was talk of emigration should Clinton win. Hilarious.

I have met an American couple recently who said that if Trump won they would emigrate, and they have and are happily living in Worcestershire.

So a couple of Democrats are happier living in the UK under the Tories than in the US under Biden. Interesting.
It would appear so, I think their position was how can we live in a country that could have Trump as President. So they left.
I know we have the obvious comparison to Johnson but even he did not manage to cause the mayhem of the Trump Presidency.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2023, 09:33:22 AM »
Shared a dining table over many nights with two American couples while cruising back to Australia, I had a lot of fun winding them up as they were all rabid republicans, I came to realise that it really is a team sport to them. you pick your team and go all in. There was talk of emigration should Clinton win. Hilarious.

I have met an American couple recently who said that if Trump won they would emigrate, and they have and are happily living in Worcestershire.

So a couple of Democrats are happier living in the UK under the Tories than in the US under Biden. Interesting.

If I moved country every time the wrong party got in I'd have lived in half the planet by now. I've never met a Tory I'd like in government, but most of the time I'd much rather Tory rule than that of the slightly less right-wing US party. The chance of having something vaguely on nodding terms with even the centre-right is preferable to the political lack of choice in the States.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 16.10.2023
« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2023, 10:30:31 AM »
Have you heard yourselves?! You're lionising a country that's great, as long as you don't mention that guns and Donald Trump are a problem. It's a fucking dystopia!
Thinking the same - "It is great if you don't behave as yourself". Nah - I will give it a pass and stick to Thailand and thereabouts. (Used to visit Brazil a lot, but since they adopted mini-Trump, I have decided against visiting again, as things seem less safer now)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 28.01.2023
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2023, 11:45:08 AM »
Anyway (why does everything have to turn into a political thread) Do we think Jhon will make the bench anytime soon?

If we do not sign a striker in this window i see that we would have no choice

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2023
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2023, 11:47:42 AM »
I'm sure he'll be on the bench rather than having a second keeper on there.  Will be interesting to see if he gets any gametime.

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2023
« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2023, 11:48:53 AM »
Have you heard yourselves?! You're lionising a country that's great, as long as you don't mention that guns and Donald Trump are a problem. It's a fucking dystopia!
Thinking the same - "It is great if you don't behave as yourself". Nah - I will give it a pass and stick to Thailand and thereabouts. (Used to visit Brazil a lot, but since they adopted mini-Trump, I have decided against visiting again, as things seem less safer now)

Thailand? Can't think of any problems with the government there at all then?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2023, 11:57:28 AM »

To show my objection to authoritarian Governments, I'm taking the family to Pyongyang this year.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 16.10.2023
« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2023, 05:41:48 PM »

Haha - I was more thinking about the people you meet. Though, this probably goes everywhere, respecting local cultures is a must. (

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal