collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Worried Over Villa Future  (Read 575714 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Fans Worried Over Villa Future
« Reply #5985 on: August 20, 2017, 11:26:34 PM »
The club do sell on there unless there's a couple of dozen people with 10 season tickets in the Upper Witton who put sell them up for sale nearly every game.

Point is though we have 1 home game on sale on the official site which is a bit crap.

Exactly.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5986 on: May 28, 2018, 10:22:49 PM »
It’s back. 

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #5987 on: May 28, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
I'll go first. I'm worried we gambled everything on plan A and now have to do plan B with a manager who's never heard of a plan B.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #5988 on: May 28, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »
I'm worried because he hasn't resigned yet and whether I am too old to see Villa back in the premiership.

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #5989 on: May 29, 2018, 12:44:20 AM »
I was worried when he took the job, still worried he has the job, I worried all season & worst of all I am worried I was right. Bloody hell I need help

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #5990 on: May 29, 2018, 01:49:27 PM »
from givemefootball.com

Aston Villa fans´ groups are warning the club will be contemplating life in the Championship rather than Europe unless there is major investment sooner rather than later.

Villa Fans Combined (VFC) are sceptical about the strength of a possible takeover bid that under-fire chairman Doug Ellis and the board of directors are considering. Ellis said at Friday´s annual general meeting that he hoped to let shareholders know within a month whether initial interest from a group of potential investors will have sufficient substance to be considered viable.

VFC spokesman Jonathan Fear said: "Everyone was pleased to win the derby against Birmingham on Sunday but overall the club is going to keep on going backwards unless it receives some big investment in the near future."
The original post from 2005.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5991 on: May 29, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
Worried? Who, us?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #5992 on: May 30, 2018, 12:28:15 AM »
from givemefootball.com

Aston Villa fans´ groups are warning the club will be contemplating life in the Championship rather than Europe unless there is major investment sooner rather than later.

Villa Fans Combined (VFC) are sceptical about the strength of a possible takeover bid that under-fire chairman Doug Ellis and the board of directors are considering. Ellis said at Friday´s annual general meeting that he hoped to let shareholders know within a month whether initial interest from a group of potential investors will have sufficient substance to be considered viable.

VFC spokesman Jonathan Fear said: "Everyone was pleased to win the derby against Birmingham on Sunday but overall the club is going to keep on going backwards unless it receives some big investment in the near future."
The original post from 2005.

heheheh, good old Doug, bless him. Only he could have have sold to probably the biggest fuckwitt ever to own a football club

Offline frank black

« Reply #5993 on: May 30, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
No good news:

I know that all the Villa fans experienced a very frustrating and disappointing Play-Off Final last Saturday. After seeing many Villa supporters on Twitter hoping that I can publish a statement as soon as possible, I feel like it would be best for me to write the following words when I am relatively calm. 

I care as much about this club as anyone. Even though I am back in Beijing, I still can't recover from our game at Wembley. The emotion needs time to heal. However, I know that all our management staff, coaches, players and myself need to get back on our feet and prepare to fight again.  Like everyone else, I'm delighted to see that under Steve’s management this season, we demonstrated character and unity. We fought like a team. Indeed, the loss is a pity, but we know how much effort and hard work our coaching staff and players put in this season. I want to thank Steve from the bottom of my heart, particularly for his remarkable level of professional focus despite losing his parents this year. With that, I would like to say thank you to Steve and his coaching staff once again for leading the team forward wholeheartedly throughout the season. 

We are all aware that we will face severe FFP challenges next season. I am an Aston Villa fan. But I am also a businessman. Under the current circumstances, I think the club needs to rethink not only the past two years but also the past ten years. Villa needs to be a sustainable football club. People join. People leave. That is the cycle of football. But the football club always remains through it all.  This is the ultimate reality that cannot be changed, but I can assure you that everyone behind the scenes is working tirelessly towards achieving our ultimate goal. 

We have been heavily investing for the past two seasons. However, the loss on Saturday means that we need to change a lot of things. No one wanted to see the club have to go through this, but I believe that only changes can help the club to progress towards the positive direction and this requires the joint efforts of everyone associated with this great football club.  No matter what the changes will be, I sincerely hope that everyone can unite and overcome the challenges together. Our goal has not changed and as long as we believe, regardless of how tough the process will be, I am sure we will succeed in the end. 

Thank you very much once again for all your support.

Chairman
Dr Tony Xia

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #5994 on: May 30, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
Yeah nothing positive in that at all ....

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5995 on: May 30, 2018, 05:22:11 PM »
More questions than answers. He's right though. The club need to be sustainable. The only way to do that is naivety change the approach to good scouting, coaching and bringing our own into the team and building in the longer term. Could be a couple of seasons of struggle though.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5996 on: May 30, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
More questions than answers. He's right though. The club need to be sustainable. The only way to do that is naivety change the approach to good scouting, coaching and bringing our own into the team and building in the longer term. Could be a couple of seasons of struggle though.

What’s a couple more, that’ll make it about 11 seasons of struggle in a row...

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #5997 on: May 30, 2018, 05:27:32 PM »
Only Villa could be taken over by a billionaire twice and end up without a pot to piss in.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5998 on: May 30, 2018, 05:28:47 PM »
If its a couple more with a genuine emphasis on finding an identity, style, ethos or whatever, giving the youth a chance, investing smartly and going down a longer term path great. If it's giving Bruce more time to try its pointless.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #5999 on: May 30, 2018, 05:30:17 PM »
I appreciate how he got back to us all so quickly.

It's clear players will be sold under this message

I also like how he is as transparent as he can be. Very honourable and decent.

Fair play. We all feeling the hurt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal