collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread  (Read 29250 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:11 PM »
Shambles.

Proper 0 out of 10 rubbish from Targett and Wesley.  It cannot be stated enough just how piss poor Wesley is. A completely hopeless, talentless lump. No pace, no ability, nothing. Wank.

Targett and Elmo were the worst.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:24 PM »
A Brummie Red has just posted '"Potato Head" up to 10th now. 👍" on one of my Facebook posts. Fucking cheek!

Bruce hasn't had the opportunity to make a mark on that team yet.

That's Benitez's team.

Maybe he'll take Elmo off our hands in Jan?

Online aj2k77

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:34 PM »
Wesley just waves his arms around like Sherwood on the touchline. He's not very good, needs loads of work to his game, time to adjust and a change of formation.

In other words, isn't the right player at this time for this formation.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
I can think of nothing worse than an interview like that.

What did he (DS) I presume say?

It was in reply to villadelph

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »
Wesley is a player devoid of confidence. I don’t believe he’s as bad as he’s shown. He’s been let down by recruitment, he should have been gradually bedded in.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 04:12:09 PM »
I can think of nothing worse than an interview like that.

What did he (DS) I presume say?

It was in reply to villadelph

Would you mind elaborating?

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 04:13:30 PM »
I Just don't see Wes as a striker, he drifts around the game and the opposition box, trying to stretch defences, that's what he does naturally, for me a striker is what was playing for the opposition today, in Vardy, one thing and one thing only on his mind when he gets the ball, that's what we need, perhaps if we can get a player like that, Wesley will come into his own as a support attacker.   

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
Wesley is a player devoid of confidence. I don’t believe he’s as bad as he’s shown. He’s been let down by recruitment, he should have been gradually bedded in.

I agree Paul. Needed to be rested a while back, now he's completely shot of confidence and a million miles away from the Everton and Norwich performances. I think our naïve summer recruitment is beginning to bite us now.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
What does Douglas Luiz offer. I don’t think he’s broken sweat for us yet. Conor must feel pretty hard done by to not get a game, especially with McGinn being in poor form.
Wesley is just a joke.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
Shambles.

Proper 0 out of 10 rubbish from Targett and Wesley.  It cannot be stated enough just how piss poor Wesley is. A completely hopeless, talentless lump. No pace, no ability, nothing. Wank.

I agree with you. I want to see people try to explain what he gave us today, or what he's given us the last few games. He needs dropping immediately but he won't be, as DS appears averse to even subbing him off. This could get messy if Dean stays stubborn about it, I like him but he obviously knows by now a majority of fans are extremely frustrated with Wesley. Not giving Kodjia or anyone a run instead is just bullish and stupid IMO.

Targett was woeful, as was Elmo, as was Konsa tbh. He is still a Championship centre-half and he showed it today, got found wanting multiple times against Vardy and Iheanacho.

Most galling thing was Maddison getting protection from the ref where Grealish didn't. They are very similar players who do very similar things - to treat one differently than the other when he goes down under pressure is just stupid. How many bookings did we pick up today? I lost count.

Overall - really, really poor. Sort it out Dean.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »

Seemed pretty clear to me, but i'll simplify it, it would be fucking stupid to do an interview like that.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »

Seemed pretty clear to me, but i'll simplify it, it would be fucking stupid to do an interview like that.

Spending 100m+, pissing points away and being safe by goal differential is pretty fucking stupid also..

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
Very poor today but they are an excellent team. DS got his selection wrong though as Guilbert should have started, as should Engels.
As fans we were crap also though, atmosphere was terrible.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2019, 04:18:36 PM »
Can everyone take stock before conceding relegation in early December. We've been soundly beaten by one of the best sides in the country if not Europe at the moment.

Had a really bad run of fixtures, and if anyone thinks we WEREN'T going to be in a relegation battle after coming up through the playoffs, you're having yourself on. We've looked good in all but one of the games against teams we are ACTUALLY competing with this season.

That doesn't mean there haven't been poor mistakes from players and management today - but can we get a bit realistic
Sorry mate, but this is blind optimism. We’ve played almost all of the other sides in the league, spent the GDP of a small country, and are hovering around the bottom three.
I’d be optimistic and a little more patience if I could see at least small improvements in performance, team selection and subs, but frankly, we’re not. If anything we’re going backwards.
Being plucky underdogs will not keep us up. Smith and the players need a rocket. And fast.

It is literally the opposite of blind optimism. And also the opposite of the sensationalism you see on here in comparison to this time last weekend when everyone was "Oh look how far we've come in a year".

Our last six games. City-Liverpool-Newcastle-United-Chelsea-Leicester.

In four of them, we have been beaten by teams, that in our current position, we cannot possibly define our season on. 4 points from 18 is about what anyone with even remote knowledge of the gap between top and bottom in this league would have confidently predicted us picking up !

We have spent 100m in a few months - Leicester have been rebuilding this team over three years ever since they won the title. £100m and we're just about able to keep our heads above water this season.

It doesn't excuse the mistakes of only having a 22 year-old with no PL experience as your only striker. Or Mings trying to "run off" a hamstring... But if we want to stay up, the players and management are going to have to be pragmatic and have perspective - and make sure we get the points we need in the next five games, which are all eminently winnable.

Offline FranzBiberkopf

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2019, 04:20:19 PM »
Good team Leicester. Very good team. Perfectly set up to play away from home.

No shame in losing to them. They’ll turn over far better teams than us this season that’s for sure.

Onwards.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal