collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread  (Read 29272 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »
They're better than us but we played like headless chickens and showed an almost total inability to get the basics right.  One or two decent attacking moves in the first half but that was about it.  To be honest, only conceding 4 flattered us.

I can't think of any genuine positives to take from the game; in fact there is a lot to be worried about.

Yep I expected us to lose. I didn’t expect to play as badly as that. 4-1 flattered us.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »
Totally outclassed by an excellent side. 1-4 didn't flatter them. Poor team selection and tactics again from Smith, Konsa is frankly out of his depth at this level currently and was destroyed again today. Targett absymally poor again. Complete circus with the management of Mings injury from the player and the bench, cost us a goal and possibly aggravated the injury.

Two of our midfield three, McGinn and Luiz, constantly caught out ahead of the ball. Application from both of them nowhere near good enough but tactically the midfield three were set up wrong. Hard to criticise our only player of any use today, Grealish, but his indiscipline seeped through to the rest of them.

15 points from 16 games and out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Poor.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
Not nearly good enough. Even remotely.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 04:04:34 PM »
We've had more poor games recently than good ones - Wolves, Chelsea and today v Leicester, which is worrying - irrespective of the opposition.

We've got no real threat in their box - crosses are either useless, or nobody gets on the end of them.

Our midfield has become porous and as a consequence we are defending far to much and far too deeply.

There's nothing wrong in admitting that - after all it's his first season as a PL coach and most of the players are new to this level too.

It's time for action, because doing the same thing over and and hoping for a different result isn't working.

He needs to sit down with his coaching staff and try and work out what to do with the squad he's got, review his tactics and team shape and come up with something different.

And let's hope we can find a few gems in the January window.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2019, 04:05:29 PM »
If he starts Wes up front on his own in the next game, I’d happily see him sacked.

Maybe not sacked, but a Purslow interview stating they're exploring all their options to improve would do.

ACCOUNTABILITY.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2019, 04:05:45 PM »
A Brummie Red has just posted '"Potato Head" up to 10th now. 👍" on one of my Facebook posts. Fucking cheek!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Shambles.

Proper 0 out of 10 rubbish from Targett and Wesley.  It cannot be stated enough just how piss poor Wesley is. A completely hopeless, talentless lump. No pace, no ability, nothing. Wank.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
I can think of nothing worse than an interview like that.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2019, 04:07:44 PM »
One of our big problems is the midfield isn’t really doing anything. They’re neither defensively solid or producing anything creatively. They’re just passengers and they need to take more responsibility.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2019, 04:07:51 PM »
Sometimes you have to hold your hand up and say they were better than us. Well played Leicester. It gives us something to aim for.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 04:08:06 PM »
I can think of nothing worse than an interview like that.

What did he (DS) I presume say?

Offline HolteLower

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 04:08:30 PM »
Totally outclassed by an excellent side. 1-4 didn't flatter them. Poor team selection and tactics again from Smith, Konsa is frankly out of his depth at this level currently and was destroyed again today. Targett absymally poor again. Complete circus with the management of Mings injury from the player and the bench, cost us a goal and possibly aggravated the injury.

Two of our midfield three, McGinn and Luiz, constantly caught out ahead of the ball. Application from both of them nowhere near good enough but tactically the midfield three were set up wrong. Hard to criticise our only player of any use today, Grealish, but his indiscipline seeped through to the rest of them.

15 points from 16 games and out of the relegation zone on goal difference. Poor.

Agree about the Kings debacle and lack of tactics to counter Leicester's obvious threats. Also agree that midfield didn't get anywhere near Vardy.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2019, 04:08:46 PM »
A Brummie Red has just posted '"Potato Head" up to 10th now. 👍" on one of my Facebook posts. Fucking cheek!

Bruce hasn't had the opportunity to make a mark on that team yet.

That's Benitez's team.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »
Should've gone for Maupay.

Offline HolteLower

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:08 PM »
Yes very frustrating and embarrassing but Leicester are the second best team in the Prem on current form and apart from Heaton and perhaps Jack they were better than us right across the park. Yes we lost the ball in daft areas and were not able to deal with the speed of Leicester's front two but what do we expect we are just back. If there is a criticism to be made it is in our failure to sign more than one striker and to be honest our lack of a plan B (again). We have no pace in the middle up front so we need our quicker players to join in better and we also maybe need to try something different up front. Just to easy for good teams to stifle any attacking threat we have. And we need to stop the sloppiness in the middle - today 2 or possibly three goals came from errors that led to Leicester by-passing our defence. There seemed no plan in place to counter Vardy's runs and none of our so-called defensive midfielders were seen anywhere near him when it is clear as day that he makes those runs by dropping off. So I'd say we were beaten by a better team today and by not having the tactics in place to hold them up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal