collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 01:39:14 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:35:13 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 01:31:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 01:27:21 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Nev
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 01:17:42 PM]

Re: Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by Legion
[Today at 01:17:36 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Help needed - Taking drinks in to Villa Park  (Read 6164 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Help needed - Taking drinks in to Villa Park
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2021, 04:58:00 PM »
I've just been trying to find audio of the call to Danny Baker from a chef who carried his knives into a ground

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2021, 06:08:45 PM »
I always take spare lids in my coat pocket for my lads cokes that we purchase on route.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2021, 06:59:46 PM »
I've just been trying to find audio of the call to Danny Baker from a chef who carried his knives into a ground

The best one on that was some Scottish non league punter being told he couldn’t take some
Nonsensical thing into the ground by the turnstile operator when he waved through a bloke behind him who was carrying a rifle as the local gun club was behind the away stand.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2021, 07:10:49 PM »
They'll never get this catering malarkey sorted at VP.  Every single time you try and get stuff, it seems as if the person serving you (if you are lucky) is doing their first ever shift, which is probably true.  I've given up buying stuff in the ground, waste of time and money.

At half time yesterday I asked for 2 pints of lager and 2 ciders. The girl behind the bar just looked at me completely baffled. I looked at the board and said ‘We’ll have the strongbow dark fruits cider’.
‘That’s OK....’ she said ‘....But what is lager?’

Of course I helped her out & explained what was what from the board, but I am still marvelling at the fact that she managed to get over 2 hours into a bar shift without knowing what lager was!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2021, 09:57:07 PM »
Can't even take chips in at Man City's new ground

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2021, 09:24:58 PM »
It was the like the searches that appeared after the cabbage incident and then re-appeared last year. Pointless, either do them properly or dont bother. A tap in the side of the arm does’t really indicate a thorough search.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2021, 12:04:46 AM »
Can't even take chips in at Man City's new ground

It won't be long before you can't take food into a Premier League ground. One of them will come up with a spurious safety reason and before long they'll all introduce it.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2021, 06:55:34 AM »
They'll never get this catering malarkey sorted at VP.  Every single time you try and get stuff, it seems as if the person serving you (if you are lucky) is doing their first ever shift, which is probably true.  I've given up buying stuff in the ground, waste of time and money.

At half time yesterday I asked for 2 pints of lager and 2 ciders. The girl behind the bar just looked at me completely baffled. I looked at the board and said ‘We’ll have the strongbow dark fruits cider’.

Of course I helped her out & explained what was what from the board, but I am still marvelling at the fact that she managed to get over 2 hours into a bar shift without knowing what lager was!
.I remember going to the Ramblin Man festival (RIP) a couple of years ago and watching a student after his 5 minutes of training, pour me 3 pints of Trooper.
The attempts at pouring were passable but he didn't know what £5.10 x 3 was so I had to tell him!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2021, 09:13:22 AM »

.I remember going to the Ramblin Man festival (RIP) a couple of years ago and watching a student after his 5 minutes of training, pour me 3 pints of Trooper.
The attempts at pouring were passable but he didn't know what £5.10 x 3 was so I had to tell him!

Was it £2.70?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal