collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What the Villa Are Still Capable of doing to me....  (Read 4611 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: What the Villa Are Still Capable of doing to me....
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
Yeh wtf was Ken Mcnaught thinking.
Chelsea FA Cup final
Van Horseface at VP
Cov Boxing Day
Bradford
Arse Final
There are a few demoralizing events, at worst it’s in perspective the next day.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:57:40 PM by ChicagoLion »

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 01:47:21 PM »
I don't think I ever felt as low and humiliated as that Van Horseface game.  It was like Ferguson just said after 75 minutes 'okay lads let's stop pissing about, I don't want a replay.'

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »
I am now 55.....

The only time I got angry was in 1980 - when we lost to West Ham in the FA Cup (14 years of age and convinced we would win the cup), my Dad gave me a clip around the ear / head and told me to grow up!

UTV

I’m 55 too & I still think that quarter final was the most upset I’ve ever been over a Villa match - neither relegation or any lost Wembley final has matched it.

Lately since moving away from Birmingham I actually get a bit more fed up because of the time and money invested in it - it makes me question it more. When I question if it’s worth it, that makes me feel really anxious.

A lot of us 55 year olds on here!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 02:53:28 PM »
Happy birthday ! Nice milestone !
I had the same feeling with my ex.
Person not club !
But now settled with someone who takes rough with smooth.
I digressions
I hope you enjoy the international break ! And have a great holiday !!

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 06:37:46 PM »
I pretend it doesn't affect my mood but it does. Defeats like the Liverpool one hurt. Playing utter shite like v Wolves is sometimes preferable. I have noticed over the years I'm a lot calmer in the summer because there's not the worrying about the Villa. You don't get the excitement either of course.

I'm 39 and should probably know better but judging by you lot doesn't look like I will any time soon!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »
I don't think I ever felt as low and humiliated as that Van Horseface game.  It was like Ferguson just said after 75 minutes 'okay lads let's stop pissing about, I don't want a replay.'
I knew what to expect when Tays started running the ball into the corner after 65 minutes, I was surrounded by manure when horse face struck.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 11:15:10 PM »
I don’t get too carried away one way or another in fact I’m usually over a defeat 5 minutes after the final whistle these days. It wasn’t always like this but a couple of tough years a while back gave me a much better perspective on the relative importance of Aston Villa in my life.

Remember those tough times mate hope you’re well now....but the Fcukin Villa....

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2019, 11:38:41 PM »
I'm 62 and they can still ruin my ( and all family's) weekend. I thought I would grow out of it but unfortunately no, I think that's "the Villa" for ya

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 10:20:58 AM »
I pretend it doesn't affect my mood but it does. Defeats like the Liverpool one hurt. Playing utter shite like v Wolves is sometimes preferable. I have noticed over the years I'm a lot calmer in the summer because there's not the worrying about the Villa. You don't get the excitement either of course.

I'm 39 and should probably know better but judging by you lot doesn't look like I will any time soon!

Your doing  well Meanwood - I am 59 and as moody as anything after a villa defeat. Wish I was you in this regard.  As  for the excitement not sure - there are still one off games we have won such as Rotherham away, WBA second leg etc  that I have returned home totally buzzing.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
Like Chris, i'm over a defeat pretty quickly. Me and the boys have a chat about it after the game in the pub or in the car on the way back, then I come on here and post what I think of the game and then it's forgotten. Every now and then, I go back and read the match thread on here and i'm always surprised at how angry people get on there. Each to their own I suppose though.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »
I'm 52 and I think this season is a free hit and I have no major expectations, therefore, when we lose, I am over it far more quickly than I was when we were last here.  That said, I am still really desperate for Villa to stay up as I honestly think there is gold to be had with these owners.  I am still a moody bugger but no sure that's just about the football!!

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 06:56:40 PM »

Your doing  well Meanwood - I am 59 and as moody as anything after a villa defeat. Wish I was you in this regard.  As  for the excitement not sure - there are still one off games we have won such as Rotherham away, WBA second leg etc  that I have returned home totally buzzing.

Oh I still get the excitement for sure. That's the flip side of the misery and without that there really wouldn't be any point. My comment was acknowledging that while I might be less stressed in the off season, the buzz is missing as well so it's not necessarily a good thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal