collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 31716 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Wolves v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2019, 03:36:33 PM »
Why do we write players off so quickly. Target was poor on Sunday, but has played well in some other games.

I agree, I think expecting a newly assembled squad not to have ups and downs is unrealistic.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »
Why do we write players off so quickly. Target was poor on Sunday, but has played well in some other games.

yep you only have to look at Traore to see that

as for Target I’m not to worried I still think he is and will be a big upgrade on Taylor

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »

as for Target I’m not to worried I still think he is and will be a big upgrade on Taylor

Wolves over-ran us in the first half, no-one played well.  Not sure why people are picking on Targett specifically.  The lad was kicked in the head and had to go off because he was seeing stars.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2019, 09:31:18 AM »

Hause is better than both of them in my opinion

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »
Hause is a good defender for sure, I'm just not convinced he offers what the modern full back needs to attacking wise.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »

Wolves over-ran us in the first half, no-one played well.  Not sure why people are picking on Targett specifically.  The lad was kicked in the head and had to go off because he was seeing stars.

Traore went past him without having to even break sweat at least 5 times before that incident.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2019, 09:43:09 PM »
Traore has been running past full backs for a couple of years now. No disgrace for Targett there. Traore is fast as...….luckily he still wastes most of his efforts. He ripped Man City apart a few weeks ago though. Targett did ok, Taylor did ok defensively, Hause should have been given a chance instead though.

Offline mike

« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2019, 10:08:57 PM »
In the circumstances, I'm not sure why we signed Hause, now? I thought he looked really good last season but obviously he's a bit of a way down the pecking order. I think we will put together a little run of 4 - 5 wins between now and May which will see us rise out of this in the same way Burnley did last season. I think it will be a less impressive first season than Wolves had but we'll be ok and next season we'll kick on. Sad to say, because he seems a nice guy, I'm starting to think we need an upgrade on Wesley.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2019, 11:01:06 PM »
In the circumstances, I'm not sure why we signed Hause, now? I thought he looked really good last season but obviously he's a bit of a way down the pecking order. I think we will put together a little run of 4 - 5 wins between now and May which will see us rise out of this in the same way Burnley did last season. I think it will be a less impressive first season than Wolves had but we'll be ok and next season we'll kick on. Sad to say, because he seems a nice guy, I'm starting to think we need an upgrade on Wesley.

Simply it was as a backup to Mings who, lets not forget, had 3 season of near constant injury problems before last year.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #249 on: November 14, 2019, 01:10:41 AM »
Awful first half. Couldn't believe the improvement in the wide players after the break. Don't understand why AEG, on his central run after the break, didn't shoot with his right foot when the chance was there.

Apparently, we had 50% possession overall, which is incredible after that first half. Didn't look too shabby on the other stats, either.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #250 on: November 14, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »

It's took me a week to recover.

Absolute spineless crap.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #251 on: November 14, 2019, 01:25:17 PM »

It's took me a week to recover.

Absolute spineless crap.

Defeats before an international break are particularly challenging. Can't wait to let out our frustrations from the Wolves game against Newcastle. Wish it was this weekend though.

I just hope that our players feel the same way!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #252 on: November 14, 2019, 07:03:19 PM »
Very glad we aren't playing this weekend. We, desperately, need Grealish fit. Without him we're as much use as the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2019, 07:19:14 PM »
Very glad we aren't playing this weekend. We, desperately, need Grealish fit. Without him we're as much use as the Jimi Hendrix Experience without Jimi Hendrix.

I'm only 48. Do you mean like INXS without Michael Hutchence?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2019, 07:27:24 AM »

I'm only 48. Do you mean like INXS without Michael Hutchence?

The first half was the equivalent of an anphixi-wank.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal