collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Decent pub/bar for Sunday  (Read 1731 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Decent pub/bar for Sunday
« on: November 08, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »
Looking for suggestions for a lunch/drinks venue to watch the game. Decent food, female friendly, Central Brum.

Cheers!

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Decent pub/bar for Sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
If you set out a little along the tram route to Wolverhampton, plenty of Jewellery Quarter pubs would fit the bill.

The Lord Clifden, The Rose Villa, The Church are all decent food and a drink pubs.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »
If you set out a little along the tram route to Wolverhampton, plenty of Jewellery Quarter pubs would fit the bill.

The Lord Clifden, The Rose Villa, The Church are all decent food and a drink pubs.
The Windsor, The Trocadero, The Gosta, The Crown (by the law courts) all show matches. All quite central. Not Central but most pubs in Sutton will have it on.and will be Villa friendly. Train from New St. drops you in the town centre.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 08:21:56 AM »
Yeah...go with the JQ suggestion.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »
The Red Lion in JQ should have the game on. It's a bit small, mind. Not sure what's happening with the Clifden. I was told by one of the staff it had been taken over by a chain, but don't know if that is bullshit or not.

Online The Edge

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 08:59:38 AM »
The Red Lion in JQ should have the game on. It's a bit small, mind. Not sure what's happening with the Clifden. I was told by one of the staff it had been taken over by a chain, but don't know if that is bullshit or not.
I hope not. It's great the way it is. Spent some happy times there. In the summer that beer garden is ace.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 10:24:37 AM »
I hope not. It's great the way it is. Spent some happy times there. In the summer that beer garden is ace.

The Lord Clifden has changed ownership and although the beer/lager selection didn’t look as though it had altered the menu certainly had and in my opinion to its detriment. Also all the staff seemed to be different which is a shame as they were a great crowd previously.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 10:28:24 AM »
Clifden and the Red Lion have been sold/taken over. Both aren’t as good as they were...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2019, 10:37:48 AM »
Who on earth walked into the Clifden and thought, "yeah, s'alright, but I could do it better"?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal