collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Ron Saunders Stand  (Read 8447 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: The Ron Saunders Stand
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2019, 08:43:09 AM »
Neither stand nor statue, but Saunders Park instead of Bodymoor has a nice ring to it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »
It’s all a bit “Wolves”.

And Man United, Liverpool, Celtic, Newcastle, Man City, Rangers and absolutely loads of teams other than sodding Wolves. What a bizarre thing to post, sounds like you're as obsessed with them as they are with us. That's before we even talk about clubs as big as Inter and Ajax having whole grounds named after players.

I'd be delighted to celebrate a glorious part of our history and have the stand named after Ron.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2019, 10:16:02 AM »
Neither stand nor statue, but Saunders Park instead of Bodymoor has a nice ring to it.
With a big sign saying "Always give 110% to Aston Villa. If you can't guarantee that just fuck off"

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2019, 10:54:24 AM »
I'd rather they rename the Witton Lane stand.

The Witton lane is the past name for Doug Ellis. The north stand was the Witton end

Offline exigo

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2019, 12:57:05 PM »
With a big sign saying "Always give 110% to Aston Villa. If you can't guarantee that just fuck off"

Rename the road along the back of the North Stand 'The Ron Saunders Way'. He'd like that.

Online West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019, 05:16:35 PM »
Legion, could you add a poll to gauge the overall feelings please

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 06:15:27 PM »
It’s all a bit “Wolves”.

And Man United, Liverpool, Celtic, Newcastle, Man City, Rangers and absolutely loads of teams other than sodding Wolves. What a bizarre thing to post, sounds like you're as obsessed with them as they are with us. That's before we even talk about clubs as big as Inter and Ajax having whole grounds named after players.

I'd be delighted to celebrate a glorious part of our history and have the stand named after Ron.

Oh alright, keep your knickers on!

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »
As the Villa have never named a stand after any of our heroes a statue would be a fitting tribute, but not while Ron is still with us.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »
I’d have no problem with names of stands or statues for Ron Saunders

On a personal level he’s the man who built a team that gave me the greatest times of my life

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019, 07:39:18 PM »
Sir Ron has a very dry sense of humour. Could we not put on the crossbar in front of the holte.....The Ron Saunders goal.k

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2019, 07:59:13 PM »
Legion, could you add a poll to gauge the overall feelings please

Will do. Any suggestions as to options?

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2019, 08:06:40 PM »
Sorry to disappoint anyone but I doubt it will be named after Ron.
I worked (while I was with AViDS) along with the Foundation in the planning and making of the sensory rooms (not trying to big up my part). I asked if they could be named "The Ron Saunders Sensory Suite" and I was told that after consideration it would be "too political". I was very disappointed, especially after the size of the donation AViDS gave towards the project.

I signed this yesterday on Facebook
If a personal tribute is "too political" and/or you think a stand for both Sir Ron and Tony Barton is a bit long winded how about recognising what was a glorious team effort - may I suggest either "The Rotterdam Stand" or "The 1982 stand".

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2019, 08:14:02 PM »
As the Villa have never named a stand after any of our heroes a statue would be a fitting tribute, but not while Ron is still with us.
If Portuguese Ron can have a statue so can our Ron whilst still alive.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2019, 08:15:48 PM »
I worked (while I was with AViDS) along with the Foundation in the planning and making of the sensory rooms (not trying to big up my part). I asked if they could be named "The Ron Saunders Sensory Suite" and I was told that after consideration it would be "too political". I was very disappointed, especially after the size of the donation AViDS gave towards the project.

If a personal tribute is "too political" and/or you think a stand for both Sir Ron and Tony Barton is a bit long winded how about recognising what was a glorious team effort - may I suggest either "The Rotterdam Stand" or "The 1982 stand".
So long as theres a proviso that we automatically rename the stand next time we're European champions.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »

So long as theres a proviso that we automatically rename the stand next time we're European champions.
Brilliant!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal