collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers League Cup Post-Match Thread  (Read 8512 times)

Offline Nelly

• GM : 02.12.2016
Re: Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers League Cup Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2019, 01:29:07 PM »
Dominant from us against a poor Wolves second/third string. Grateful we won.

I was disappointed in Davis, but I admit he had no service all game really. We had a lot of possession but didn't really create too much. But that's to be expected when they have everyone behind the ball. Taylor teases by getting forwards but inevitably his passes seem unconvincing and not quite forward-thinking enough. For me it was frustrating to watch - against a team he could have potentially done some damage against.

Luiz, Konza and Hause were excellent and it was a joy to watch them pass it around and build for another move forwards. Great one-on-one save from Steer at one point when it was 2-1 too.

We won, can't ask for more than that really! Up the Villa!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2021
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »
Dominant from us against a poor Wolves second/third string. Grateful we won.

I was disappointed in Davis, but I admit he had no service all game really. We had a lot of possession but didn't really create too much. But that's to be expected when they have everyone behind the ball. Taylor teases by getting forwards but inevitably his passes seem unconvincing and not quite forward-thinking enough. For me it was frustrating to watch - against a team he could have potentially done some damage against.

Luiz, Konza and Hause were excellent and it was a joy to watch them pass it around and build for another move forwards. Great one-on-one save from Steer at one point when it was 2-1 too.

We won, can't ask for more than that really! Up the Villa!

I agree with this, Villa cubs beat Wolves pups without getting out of second gear

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »
Nice to win a game so easily and being able to step up a gear when they equalised.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal