collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Citeh 3 ‘Plucky’ Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.  (Read 20872 times)

Offline wince

Re: Man Citeh 3 ‘Plucky’ Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2019, 06:12:31 PM »
Saw motd. Mings clearance was class!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
Don't understand the criticism of Heaton I think he has been solid none of the goals yesterday were down to him. While I was watching the game all I could hear were Villa chants and singing how spoilt have they become? I wonder whether total expected success in every game is what we want not having any nerves about the opposition just seems the opposite of why we watch the game.

I don’t get the criticism of anyone that played yesterday or anyone that’s played for us so far this season for that matter. I wish people would get a fucking grip.

Heaton is a good shot stopper and generally good at marshalling the defence but he has a weakness which again cost us a goal, his slight delay in coming off his line when an attacker is free (first goal yesterday, Bournemouth first goal and even that goal at Norwich)

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2019, 10:10:31 PM »
I haven't criticised Heaton per se, but I have questioned whether he is any better than Steer.  In my book he hasn't particularly shown anything to suggest that he is.  And he has made a few errors, the needless pen against Bournemouth being the main one.  ALso have a look at Brighton's goal against us, Heaton doesn't start to dive until after it's gone past him.  Perhaps others have seen something I haven't ?

Similarly Trezeguet - a few people saying he played well and looks dangerous.  All I've seen from him is a few mazy runs that looked promising but ended in nothing in particular, and a few powder puff shots straight at the keeper from very good positions.  No goals and, as far as I can recall, no assists either.  Again I'm struggling to see why people think he's good and has earned his place.  Any examples?

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2019, 12:57:13 AM »
Don't understand why Mings is blamed for the first goal but no-one mentions he failure of either Bjorn or Fred to cover Sterling's run.

Re Heaton; some people seem to have forgotten his vital save at 0-1 at home to Brighton last week.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2019, 01:03:55 PM »
Don't understand why Mings is blamed for the first goal but no-one mentions he failure of either Bjorn or Fred to cover Sterling's run.

Re Heaton; some people seem to have forgotten his vital save at 0-1 at home to Brighton last week.

Was it anything that Steer couldn't have done?

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2019, 01:06:28 PM »
I considered Trez best villa player yesterday especially because of his attacking forrays.
He was most likely to score , was the quickest of those attackers  and he settled we'll and offer something going forwards.
He was one who most shots with 4 shots one on target felt he played his part well going forward.
Also there was one outrageous piece of skill where he beat his man with control flicking all over him !
Fair play to him

Interesting how you slate Wesley, who has four goals and an assist, but rate Trezeguet whose contribution amounts to a few fancy flicks, runs that end in nothing and weak shots.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »

That’s an impossible to answer question.

The important difference for me is that Heaton appears to be more of a leader and organiser than Steer.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2019, 01:54:52 PM »

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2019, 01:01:28 AM »

That’s an impossible to answer question.

The important difference for me is that Heaton appears to be more of a leader and organiser than Steer.

Really? Can't say I've noticed any particular leadership and organising qualities.   He hardly dominates the area as he tends to stick to his line, his communication with his defence is often all over the place (see misunderstanding with Mings on Saturday)  and  as for organisation did you see the shambles of a wall he set against Arsenal?  Any counter examples?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal