collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City v Villa pre-match thread  (Read 21135 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Manchester City v Villa match thread
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 08:17:49 AM »
lose 4-2

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »
Anything 3-0 or under would be a major success

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2019, 08:30:47 AM »
Point of order........shouldn't the title read 'Pre-Match Thread'

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2019, 08:45:07 AM »

Oh god, must we? There was a time when a trip to Manchester was either something to endure amongst the arrogance and inevitable defeat, or else enjoy with reasonably civilised supporters who knew they were so bad they could only laugh at it. One of those experiences has gone and the other is now a twice a season occasion. They used to be good losers, but now like their neighbours they’ve turned into bad winners. There’s not much else that can be said about them - their manager, players and owners are all world-famous although you don’t hear much from their celebrity fans (Curly Watts, Eddie Large and her with the bell) for some reason. At least it’ll be over fairly quickly, and without too much pain.

Go there, endure and go home. Sometimes you have to be honest and accept that even a point will be a miracle of Small Heath Supporter with a Job proportions. 

Things newfooty fans don’t know – The location of Maine Road.

last bit made me laugh Dave. There’s a newfootyfan at my work who supports Man City (she’s 25 and from Stratford on Avon). I have a bit of fun with her by taking the piss without her knowing I’m taking the piss. Maybe she does know and just thinks I’m a bit of c**t. Either way I don’t really care. Really can’t be doing with the Jonny come latelys that go for the likes of City, Chelsea, Man U etc. They know fk all about football and like your point, they couldn’t find Maine Rd on an A-Z of Manchester.

As to the match, I’m somewhat optimistically predicting we can get a draw. (Maybe it’s me that knows fk all about football). Played well in patches against Spurs and Arsenal, City have dropped a few points and I reckon if we get a decent start and don’t fuck up too bad, we might scrape a point. You’ve gotta believe!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Manchester City v Villa pre-match thread
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2019, 09:01:36 AM »
4-1 to Citeh, but it's ok because we're going to beat Liverpool the following week.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2019, 09:03:52 AM »
Speaking of new footy fans, there's a job going at Man City for a social media influencer. The advert describes the problem of drawing 3 unknown teams in the Champions League who will not be attractive to their core fans to turn up and see.

They want to attract the professional, student and newcomer to Manchester to bolster their numbers.

If you want a ticket for Saturday, they're on general sale and available at a maximum 6 per person.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2019, 09:28:51 AM »
Have a feeling I'll be watching this through my fingers. Can't see us coming away with any points so anything respectable will do for me - 3-2 to them

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »
M.City 3 A.Villa 1

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2019, 10:31:33 AM »
Them 4 - 0 us

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »
Speaking of new footy fans, there's a job going at Man City for a social media influencer. The advert describes the problem of drawing 3 unknown teams in the Champions League who will not be attractive to their core fans to turn up and see.

They want to attract the professional, student and newcomer to Manchester to bolster their numbers.

If you want a ticket for Saturday, they're on general sale and available at a maximum 6 per person.

It's a shame, when I worked in Manchester 20 years ago, the City fans I knew were all knowledgeable, decent lads whereas the United fans were mostly Johnny-come-lately types with no real interest.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 10:49:18 AM »
If we set up like we did against Brighton then 4 or 5 without reply. I know we should always have a go but I would be tempted to play closer to 4-4-2 with Wesley and Davies up front and McGinn and Jack on the wings, Marvelous and Luiz in the middle.

I know thats got zero chance of happening however. Certainly 2 DMs in the middle.

Best of luck - it is a free hit, but I'll say 3-1.

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »
If we set up like we did against Brighton then 4 or 5 without reply. I know we should always have a go but I would be tempted to play closer to 4-4-2 with Wesley and Davies up front and McGinn and Jack on the wings, Marvelous and Luiz in the middle.

I know thats got zero chance of happening however. Certainly 2 DMs in the middle.

Agree with this midfield. Marvelous and luiz have not played yet together i think. This is the time.
I predict the worst hoping it doesn't happen then I won't be too disappointed.
utv

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 11:52:02 AM »

Agree with this midfield. Marvelous and luiz have not played yet together i think. This is the time.
I predict the worst hoping it doesn't happen then I won't be too disappointed.
utv

Think it's an ideal game to bring this formation into play but not expecting Smith to. Would also start Davis ahead of Wes, need someone to hold the ball up better, little chance of that happening either mind. AEG laziness without the ball won't be risked I suspect. Trez likely to get a go but my preference would be to retain Hourihanes goal threat.

If we were properly set up, we might cause City problems. Very much a makeshift defence for them currently and everyone is creating good chances against them. Other end a different matter. 4-2 defeat

----------------Heaton
Guilbert, Engels, Mings, Targett
----------Luiz, Nakamba
McGinn, Hourihane, Grealish
----------------Davis

Offline stuart r

• Location: Highley (Home of the Gerry Hitchens Fitness Suite at the local leisure centre- He started his career with Highley Miners Welfare)
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 12:26:16 PM »
a miracle of Small Heath Supporter with a Job proportions. 

Never been a fan of this type of humour. ie Birmingham City fans don't have jobs and being unemployed is something to laugh at.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
I've just remembered, we're wearing the godawful green third kit for this match aren't we?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal