collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread  (Read 17675 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2019, 10:51:28 AM »
I thought we battled like fuck yesterday for that win,
up against 12 men and another four in a bunker, we could have easily dropped heads and decided it wouldn't be our day.

Yep, first half they carved us open, time and again. For all their fans saltiness, I thought they were a really decent side. Passed it around, quickly and incisively.

The free kick was an absolute joke decision, compounded by the ridiculous booking. Another referee who lets the opposition have four or five whacks at us before a warning, yet the card come immediately out for Conor. For winning the ball as clean as day.

We then score a perfectly good goal. But someone in the bunker isn't letting us have that. Brighton fans celebrate like they've scored again. It's beyond ridiculous.

So to get level before half time and then to keep chipping away, even when we weren't firing on all cylinders is to their huge credit.

Nothing beats the feeling of a last second winner, but can you just imagine if VAR had chalked that off for some unknown reason?

Love my football, but passionately hate VAR.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »
Another very important thing I've noticed that didn't seem to get mentioned yesterday. Luiz has changed his hairstyle. I'm not sure about it. Feel this could be another green kit style controversy and divide supporter opinion.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:01:59 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2019, 11:10:07 AM »
Marvelous has his worst game for us yesterday.  Not sure he had a touch in the first 20 minutes.

Apart from Jack and Heaton, I don't think that any of the players had a good game yesterday. To play that badly against a team who, when they had 11, were clearly better and yet still get three points is a real bonus.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
David and Trezeguet came on and offered more attacking threat and dynamism in their minutes than the ones they replaced .
El Ghazi big chance that he blazed over was seemingly the indication it wasn't gonna be his day
And the big W was at it with his cramp/injury and wanting to go off.
Tyrone Mings wasn't best pleased for that stoppage from down the other end as he battled and soldiered on with his injury , minutes before . Mings was adamant and picked himself up to carry on rather than be replaced and I think wanted Wes to show a bit more character and was visibility annoyed with him going to ground because Mings wanted to get on with the games rather than what he felt was a needless stoppage.
It's happened before with the out cold incident.
To credit big W he was involved in the build up to official equaliser though clearly Grealish was looking for the one-two

Davis came on and initially mis controlled the ball once letting it slid under his foot when Grealish played it to him.
However he had a good ball control turn and run from half way line shaking off players but over weighting the pass out wide . That said showed the dynamism and agressive forward thrust in his cameo.
The best of his 16 minutes plus added on time with his 6 touches was the excellent chest down absolute best to hold off defenders made space and shot.

At this stage ,with his contract expiring , I like to see Davis have opportunity as he's a good build up player and with some good coaching can develop into a top striker.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:36:05 AM by Vill I An »

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2019, 11:25:50 AM »
Mate, you're obsessed. It's getting pretty pathetic.

Online Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »
Here's my take on the game.
First off, Brighton played some great football: simple pass and move; almost every player touched the ball twice or three times before offloading to a colleague. The movement from Maupay, Connolly and Mooy (before his act of stupidity) was excellent and there were great to watch. We should aspire to that kind of play.
For us, I think:
- Marvelous was poor throughout.
- Grealish is approaching his best.
- McGinn was quiet; good when he was involved, but not involved enough.
- AEG was way off it.
- Hourihane: we go down to 10 men without the ball, because his tracking-back and positioning are shite (as is his energy levels)
- Wesley: great set-up for JG's goal, and he would be so much more effective if the back four released the ball earlier to him, on the ground.  There's a very good player in there, but we are not playing to his strengths.
- Heaton: get some kicking practice in, please!!

We have to move the ball more quickly, which means our players need to be on the move. Everything was too static and slow yesterday. Brighton showed us how it should be done.

Great result though!

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2019, 11:35:46 AM »
David and Trezeguet came on and offered more attacking threat and dynamism in their minutes than the ones they replaced .
El Ghazi big chance that he blazed over was seemingly the indication it wasn't gonna be his day
Tyrone Mings wasn't best pleased for that stoppage from down the other end as he battled and soldiered on with his injury minutes before picking himself up and I think wanted Wes to show a bit more character.

Why don't you give your illiterate childish rantings a miss and go and play somewhere else?

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
Tyrone Mings wasn't best pleased for that stoppage from down the other end as he battled and soldiered on with his injury minutes before picking himself up and I think wanted Wes to show a bit more character.

Why don't you give your illiterate childish rantings a miss and go and play somewhere else?

Politicis thread?!

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2019, 12:07:46 PM »
We'll see . He's in it for the money as his interview said
People moaned about Bolasie yet he was more effective.
Wesley will never score last minute goals and be as good or as effective as Kodjia.
They all have questionable work rate but at least those 2 had some flair and dynamism.
Give me the development of Keinan Davis !
I see more potential in him
And I can say that after witnessing Wes poorest match to date . Jonathan Pearce motd said he had a poor first half.
I think if he was playing for another team people would be less subjective and basically say he looks limited .
Anyway he won't even last 18 months as a first choice striker
There I said it .
And I won't say an utter thing about him for 18 months. In which time the whole of premier league world will see his limitations as well as antics. I am sure other strikers will be brought in so he'll be a moot point by then .
But that's fair when I remind how accurate I am in observation.
We'll see.
Good ! now that's settled let's move along from pestering me on this and look forward to saying I told you so in 18 months.
Ignore anything else I post on villa if you don't agree with because I have agreed a fair deal to be quiet on big W and let his poor football ability do the talking.
I know I'm right about this otherwise I would have shut up!!

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2019, 12:13:49 PM »
I thought Brighton were very good for large parts of the game. We just didnít get tight enough in the middle of the park. They waltzed through us too often. I know Connor is a goal threat but when heís not he doesnít do his other job well enough at this level. This is more important when Grealish is quite rightly playing a roaming role. He was excellent throughout today. A last minute winner the like Of which I canít remember. So sweet.

Think we'll see Luiz starting v Man. City and Liverpool. Not sure who out of Conor or AEG you take out, I'd be tempted to leave Hourihane in as he's good at getting shots away around the box and we won't create too many clear cut chances against those two so set pieces will be important if we're going to score.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »

What an arrogant gobshite you are. And you're far from right. There is no point in reading any of your views on Wesley as you are so fanatically biased it's like trying to have a rational conversation about the history of Aston Villa with a Blue Nose.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2019, 12:25:35 PM »
Wesley has 4 in 9. That's decent for a 22 year old lad in his first season in both England and the top flight.

Bit premature to have gone full Stuart442 or whatever the anti-Benteke/Smith guy was called.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2019, 12:29:05 PM »

What an arrogant gobshite you are. And you're far from right. There is no point in reading any of your views on Wesley as you are so fanatically biased it's like trying to have a rational conversation about the history of Aston Villa with a Blue Nose.

You're receiving massive applause here, mate.

Footy, you'd be banned if I had my way. No 18 months later for you.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2019, 12:29:43 PM »

To be fair, they'll probably know more about it than most of us do.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »

To be fair, they'll probably know more about it than most of us do.

They'd just need to consult their pocket diary.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal