collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread by tomd2103
[Today at 11:53:23 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Risso
[Today at 11:53:03 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by Risso
[Today at 11:49:08 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 11:41:07 AM]

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 11:35:24 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Risso
[Today at 11:04:59 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:02:18 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by AV82EC
[Today at 10:54:31 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread  (Read 33617 times)

Offline eddiemunster

Re: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2019, 08:03:50 PM »
Didn't follow the game on here for the second game on the trot. Only checked the score three times, as I was checking my soccer six. Didn't check at all for our last game, until after it had finished.I think I'll stop checking how the team is doing until after the game, for the rest of the season!!!!

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2019, 08:04:59 PM »
Did Mooy lash out at Jack when he was on the floor after the foul for the second yellow? He seemed to.
No. Yellow was for  the tackle.

Online olaftab

« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2019, 08:07:46 PM »
Brighton were decent, but it should have finished 3-0, even with us not quite at it.

And they’re another mob happy to be shithousers, which bit them on the arse.

And their fans can fuck off, giving stick to Mings for no apparent reason than he got called up over their player.

Had no beef with Brighton, now I’ll be happy when they’ve fucked back to where they’ve spent most of their existence.
Agree with your well chosen balanced and appropriate words. :)  Mings will get stick now that he is England's superstar. It comes with the territory.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2019, 08:10:35 PM »
Well, Brighton have still never won at VP, but we were fortunate.

For the third time this season, we failed to handle playing against 10, and again the management didn't react to the opposition changes. We should be able to adapt and take the game to the opposition in those circumstances.

The only time we played well against 10 was at the end of he first half; whatever was discussed at half time had little impact.

We played at such a slow tempo after the break that it played into their hands. I also didn't get taking off Hourihane who was our biggest goal threat,  yet Wesley stayed on again for too long with little effect.

We weren't. They were, in that they faced a team that still struggle their bollocks off when it comes to putting ten men to the sword. I think we got exactly what we deserved, a narrow win against an organised and effective side that had been reduced in number by their own actions. They subbed the 22 before he had the opportunity to make it 11v9.

Online olaftab

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »
Please stop this obsession with Manure. And not that I care but I hope they are humiliated tomorrow.

Online olaftab

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2019, 08:14:19 PM »
I thought Matt Targett was awful today...that is until he did the business. It's absolutely wonderful to win like we won today.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »
Thought Brighton were very well drilled and really organised.

Thought that our full backs didn’t get high enough up the pitch and Wesley didn’t work anywhere near hard enough

Agree with all of this post, Brighton surprised me, their passing was awesome at times and they moved behind us with ease. Maupay was what I expected, excellent. We weren't at our best, but thank God, Jack was! Anyway 3 points is all that matters this season. UTV

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2019, 08:14:38 PM »
I was disappointed Dunk didn’t score for us today. He’s usually good for an o.g. Or two.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2019, 08:15:57 PM »
I thought Matt Targett was awful today...that is until he did the business. It's absolutely wonderful to win like we won today.

He looked like he was struggling fitness wise at some points.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »
Did Brighton get to restart after the winner or did the whistle blow immediately? Like, was there any time for squeaky bums?

About 10 seconds
even we managed to hold out for that long

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2019, 08:18:56 PM »
Well, Brighton have still never won at VP, but we were fortunate.

For the third time this season, we failed to handle playing against 10, and again the management didn't react to the opposition changes. We should be able to adapt and take the game to the opposition in those circumstances.

The only time we played well against 10 was at the end of he first half; whatever was discussed at half time had little impact.

We played at such a slow tempo after the break that it played into their hands. I also didn't get taking off Hourihane who was our biggest goal threat,  yet Wesley stayed on again for too long with little effect.

We weren't. They were, in that they faced a team that still struggle their bollocks off when it comes to putting ten men to the sword. I think we got exactly what we deserved, a narrow win against an organised and effective side that had been reduced in number by their own actions. They subbed the 22 before he had the opportunity to make it 11v9.

I don’t think wins get any narrower, the allotted injury time was up!

They would have been down to 9 had Jack gone down and not had the honesty to stay on his feet. I hope refs are realising that he’s not diving and I can’t remember the last time he did.

Other than Jack, I don’t think many players played well today. I don’t know how far off the next England game is but Jack will most likely be playing for England soon if he keeps playing like that. An English midfielder who wants the ball, a rarity.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2019, 08:21:01 PM »

He's not great defensively, but he adds so much more going forward than Taylor.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2019, 08:22:15 PM »

Whoever the co-commentator was on my stream criticised him the whole game long for his performance. Getting the winner should improve his confidence. Guilbert got the assist for the first too but in truth both of them were quite poor today.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2019, 08:22:24 PM »
I was really impressed with Maupay today.  He didn't give our defence a second's rest and looked really bright all game.  Reminded me a bit of Carbone the way he plays.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »

Whoever the co-commentator was on my stream criticised him the whole game long for his performance. Getting the winner should improve his confidence. Guilbert got the assist for the first too but in truth both of them were quite poor today.

Apart from the goal, Guilbert’s delivery into the box today was terrible.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal