collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Brighton pre-match thread  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• GM : 28.05.2020
Re: Villa v Brighton pre-match thread
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2019, 09:01:02 PM »
After Monday's events, I expect Tyrone will have a particularly massive cheer when the team is announced.

2-0 Villa will do nicely. Keeping us further away from trouble!

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2019, 09:04:40 PM »
An anticlimactic 1-1.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2019, 07:55:42 AM »
Come on Villa boys!! Back to back wins would be great! Use the confidence gained from thrashing norwich to win another 3 points. UTV!

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »
3 points please Villa. Clean sheet as a bonus.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2019, 08:51:59 AM »
Can't see manny if any changes from the Norwich game unless there are some injuries.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
I cant see him changing a team that scored five last time out. I think he'll keep a winger on the bench to try and change it if need be. I'll go for a 2-2 draw. Hourihane and Big Wes with ours.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »
5-2 Villa

Offline Rodders

• GM : 08.10.2020
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2019, 09:45:48 AM »
My elder son's Godfather is a self-described "Hove Nancy" (he's so straight he's comfortable with this apparently 🤐) and he reckons they're on the verge of playing a 3-5-2, the premise being that crowding the midfield will be their only chance of stifling our creativity.

I'd humbly suggest that they could play a midfield 8 and still wouldn't be able to dispossess SJMcG's arse.

Us Some
Them None

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2020
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2019, 12:02:14 PM »
Will be tough for big Wes today, up against Dunk and Duffy, who form a good centre back partnership. Going 2-1 Villa, Tyrone to get the winner.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »
Charlie Nicolas agrees with me in seeing a comfortable win. I say villa to get a penalty and one of the Brighton players to be sent off .

Sky Soccer Saturday pundit  predicts 3-1 :

"The last couple of weeks with the international football, I have found myself looking at the stats, and I am not a stats man! With Aston Villa, John McGinn has done well, Jack Grealish has the quality, Wesley will and has scored if given the service, and they play wide men.

There is a lot that I like about Villa. Defensively they are vulnerable, but they will be safe. Graham Potter is wondering if he can change or make it different. He has changed the structure and it has not really worked, although they were fantastic against Tottenham.

It is attacking and it can work. Jose Izquierdo and Anthony Knockaert always played wide and they were the out ball. It wasn't always successful but it was a relief, but they don't have that now. I see a comfortable Villa win."

Offline Damo70

« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
My elder son's Godfather is a self-described "Hove Nancy" (he's so straight he's comfortable with this apparently 🤐) and he reckons they're on the verge of playing a 3-5-2, the premise being that crowding the midfield will be their only chance of stifling our creativity.

I'd humbly suggest that they could play a midfield 8 and still wouldn't be able to dispossess SJMcG's arse.

Us Some
Them None

I was informed several years back that Blackpool had replaced Brighton as the 'Gay Capital Of England'. Maybe it is the big phallic symbol of the Blackpool Tower and the sticks of rock that clinched it.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
Will be tough for big Wes today, up against Dunk and Duffy, who form a good centre back partnership. Going 2-1 Villa, Tyrone to get the winner.

Yes brighton win the most aerial duels in the league so will be tough and may be playing the with a back 3 Webster who villa failed to sign and Duffy next to dunk. Also have big dan burn who if is playing left back or left side can be run ragged by McGinn , Guilbert , El Ghazi . Be interesting how Brighton set up

Wesley will have to do a lot more running and movement and can definitely get into positions to get goals . Winning the ball in air and the hold up play will be a constant  battle but hopefully can work around that.
Kodjia would definitely be a good option in this match against these types of defenders .
That said villa have enough goals even if Wesley doesn't win a header he can do the scoring on the ground as can several other players and that crossing in ball at right time and space could allow for opportunities.

Offline themossman

• GM : 14.02.2018
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2019, 12:27:15 PM »
What’s the craic with the Dean Smith anniversary applause today?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2019, 12:32:54 PM »
Lots of Brighton on my train up. They're impeccably behaved, the absolute monsters.

And just as I write that a tiny chorus of Que Sera/Shoot the Palace scum from the pre-pubescents in the vestibule. They were too embarrassed to get to the end.

More as it doesn't happen.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »
We've never lost at home to Brighton, that won't be changing today. 4-1.