collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Coventry City Third Kit  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 28.04.2019
Coventry City Third Kit
« on: October 12, 2019, 08:24:17 AM »
Whatever your views on Coventry City, their third kit is a master stroke in marketing; add a 2Tone/Specials theme to your kit and get people around the country trying to get one.

Offline itbrvilla

Re: Coventry City Third Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 08:28:11 AM »
Whatever your views on Coventry City, their third kit is a master stroke in marketing; add a 2Tone/Specials theme to your kit and get people around the country trying to get one.

That is pretty cool. Kick it out in collar too.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 09:13:44 AM »
I like that.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 09:48:10 AM »
Genius.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 11:09:41 AM »
Class. They should get rid of the elephant nonsense and just have Walt Jabisco as their badge.

Online nodge

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
I bet Terry Hall won’t be wearing it. To be fair I liked their blue one with the black and white stripes down the front in the seventies but that was when I was young and I didn’t give much of a shit about football rivalries.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 31.01.2020
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 03:57:01 PM »
Great kit. Genius marketing. 

On a similar them, I understand that musos of a certain age with only a passing interest in football are buying this season's Man City away kit because of the design on the sleeve alluding to the Haçienda girders.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 04:27:42 PM »
We could have the Rotunda on the back of the shirt somewhere. It would annoy the Noses.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 05:13:19 PM »
I bet Terry Hall won’t be wearing it. To be fair I liked their blue one with the black and white stripes down the front in the seventies but that was when I was young and I didn’t give much of a shit about football rivalries.

At one point in the seventies Coventry had a brown away kit that was so bad it was actually quite good. In the way that if you showed it to people they would pause and then say "Oh, that's different".

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »

At one point in the seventies Coventry had a brown away kit that was so bad it was actually quite good. In the way that if you showed it to people they would pause and then say "Oh, that's different".

Was that the Talbot one?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 06:39:16 PM »

Was that the Talbot one?

No, the brown one was from the seventies. The Talbot one was in the early eighties and a sky blue and silver job with the away one being red and white. It was in the days when you couldn't have advertising on the shirts if it was being shown on Match Of The Day or Star Soccer. The ban extended to the big 3-D style letter 'T' Coventry had cleverly put on their shirts. When highlights from Coventry games were shown on the box Coventry had to wear an alternative kit with the big 'T' blanked out. Which made no difference as the blanked out 'T' still stood out as clearly being the letter 'T'.

Online nodge

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 08:29:55 PM »

I think the brown one was the away version of the blue one I mentioned

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

They’ve got it on today at “home” to Tranmere, watching it now. Appropriate that St Andrews looks like a ghost town

Offline Damo70

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 05:01:49 PM »

They’ve got it on today at “home” to Tranmere, watching it now. Appropriate that St Andrews looks like a ghost town

It wasn't so long ago that the saying at St. Andrews was 'Too much too Yeung'.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 11:51:22 PM »
Ghost town would be more appropriate.