collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chantwatch  (Read 21733 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Chantwatch
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »
I havn't heard the words properly and hopefully i never will because it's been brought to the clubs attention by the AVST and social media in general. A strong statement from thr club stressing we support the "kick it out" campaign and if these idiots get identified the will be banned from all Villa games for a very long time.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »
we were on the concourse at the far end (near the seats around number 60) and we could not really hear it that well (thankfully) and like most on here we stay out of the way of these wasters at the ground and at any pub that is "full of Villa"

Some of our away support is incredibly embarrassing.

UTV
The Doc

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2019, 10:20:58 AM »
I'd go along with a ban and it being lifted if they undertake appropriate awareness training. It brings huge shame on the club, so needs stamping out.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »
I've seen the video clip.  It is shocking - Worse than any other controversial chant that has been talked about in recent years.

I'm convinced it has simply come from the small group (of around 10ish) kids who were shown on the clip.  I think there is absolutely no chance of this chant spreading, especially as the other one seems to have grown legs.

There is a strong chance that one of those disgusting kids has read this thread by now or at least been told about it.  Hopefully, that will be enough to make them think very carefully before singing it again.  However, if it does rear its ugly head, I would urge anyone within the vicinity to intervene.  I know I certainly will.  You don't have to be confrontational or aggressive (although I know of people who travel away who could well be in any case).  Just a friendly low key bit of advice won't harm and the more people who do so, the more likely it is that the penny will drop.

As for a ban - Yes a good idea and with regards awareness training, although the club have no power, they could certainly implement it as a condition of the ban ending.  The culprits would naturally have to foot the bill of any such course.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2019, 11:15:21 AM »
I would get those kids to go and put them one at a time to sing the song to the players in the changing room.
Then I would ask them to explain the words to the players in question.
This would be followed by a 2000 word essay on 'Why racism isn't bantz'.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »
I think a ban is right, even if it's only for a few games.  We just need to nip it in the bud and these fans need to understand in no uncertain terms that it's just not acceptable.  Hopefully a ban would hammer that home. 

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2019, 11:52:07 AM »
I'm all for banning these idiots, can we do anything as a fan base though to stop it happening?

It's getting away with the Konsa chant that has led to this escalating into the crap heard on Saturday, and that one gets a regular airing in the Holte concourses (not so much in the stands I've noticed).  As a group it might be easier if we can get everyone to respond by booing/jeering if we hear it starting up?  It might at least make the idiots think twice.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2019, 01:08:05 PM »
https://villatrust.org.uk/avst-statement/

AVST is disappointed to hear about the chanting directed towards Marvelous Nakamba at the Norwich game. It’s a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age.
Racist stereotypes are never acceptable. Hiding so-called support behind such words are reprehensible and are condemned by all decent Villa supporters.
We will be contacting the club regarding the issue and will be working closely with them to ensure that it is addressed swiftly.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2019, 01:35:14 PM »
Good to see this statement out.
Just seen the video/chant - beyond belief. Is history no longer taught??

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/10/07/club-statement-racism

Club statement: Response to racist chanting

Aston Villa is disgusted and appalled by footage circulating on social media of supporters chanting a racist song which makes reference to two of our first team players.

The club wholly condemns the chant and urges other supporters to help us identify those responsible.

Chants of this nature besmirch the good name of Aston Villa Football Club and our fans. If the perpetrators are identified they will be dealt with in the strongest manner by the club and be reported to the Police immediately.

Our security staff will be vigilant at forthcoming games to ensure that anybody attempting repetition of this chant will be dealt with severely.

We know we can rely on the assistance of the majority of our fans to eradicate this toxic behaviour immediately.

If anyone has any information please contact the club on 0121 327 2299.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2019, 01:47:59 PM »
I guess with it being recorded and away tickets hard to come by these days and police surveillance, they'll be easy to track down.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2019, 01:54:43 PM »
Good, strongly worded statement by the club.  Leaves those arseholes in no doubt where they stand.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2019, 02:04:19 PM »
Good, strongly worded statement by the club.  Leaves those arseholes in no doubt where they stand.

Exactly. Whoever wrote it has my respect.

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2019, 02:05:04 PM »
Couldn't agree more.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »
It appears the general Press is reporting it very well with emphasis on condemnation by both Villa fans and the Club being the headline.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal