collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chantwatch  (Read 21898 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: Chantwatch
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 04:27:10 PM »
Ban for them all

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »
I think a Ban isn't the way forward, they're probably young and a bit poorly educated, they will still be out in society.I think it may have been Chelsea who sent some fans found for racism on a educational course. Maybe this is the way forward.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 05:02:32 PM »
The way forward is to take away their booze/drug fueled away games and remove the embarrassment from the club and the majority of decent fans. These aren't little kids, they're young adults.

Name, shame, ban.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 05:06:32 PM »
I’d definitely opt for some anti-racism education alongside a short ban to reinforce it.

It’s astounding how many people responding on Twitter & Facebook cannot see the racism in this and are saying stuff like ‘people are just looking for stuff to be offended about these days’.

It’s quite difficult to know how harsh to be on people who are this genuinely stupid.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »
I’d definitely opt for some anti-racism education alongside a short ban to reinforce it.

It’s astounding how many people responding on Twitter & Facebook cannot see the racism in this and are saying stuff like ‘people are just looking for stuff to be offended about these days’.

It’s quite difficult to know how harsh to be on people who are this genuinely stupid.

Exactly. Name, shame, educate and ban!

On a side note, players look at social media all the time. As well as Marvellous, imagine what the fuck John McGinn thinks being part of that chant. Such a shame that yesterday was brilliant on the pitch but now the focus is on these fucking cavemen.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 08:31:39 PM »
The club can't enforce any sort of education though, the only thing they have in their power is to ban the scumbags.

Offline dekko

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 08:38:29 PM »
The club can't enforce any sort of education though, the only thing they have in their power is to ban the scumbags.

How about banning them, but lifting the ban on the condition that they do the education

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 08:39:10 PM »

I’d disagree on that Risso, part of the requirement to lift the ban would be to attend some education classes on racism.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 09:15:01 PM »
Horrific!

If this is heard again can we try to stop it instead of walking away?

Not casting aspersions on anyone who did that because it can feel risky, especially if you are with children too risky, but we can draw stewards attention to it if nothing else.

This is clearly a racist chant, there’s no room for manoeuvre or argument.  Racist chanting is expressly forbidden by ground regs so we have clear grounds to ask stewards to assist.

If we are not prepared to try & get our own supporters to stop or be thrown out for this, then we will all have to live with this reputation.

Was just saying the same on the Marvelous thread Amfy. Can we engage with the club directly on this and how quickly, it needs addressing urgently. Any planned fan’s forum?

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 10:25:08 PM »
The problem is this 'wannabe' football hooligan culture, it's the same at most clubs. Some of the proper old school football lads wouldn't take too kindly to these chants that is for sure!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 10:36:44 PM »
There's a hardcore of absolute scrotes at every away match.  A group of about (I'd guess) 30 or so arseholes, always congregate outside one of the kiosks in a big mosh pit, jumping around, not caring if there are old or young people they bash into, chucking beer about, and as we've seen, singing really objectionable songs.  The sort of twats who then spend the entire match offering out the home supporters.  I love away days, but always try to arrive at the game no sooner than 10 minutes before kick off, and then don't go to the kiosks at half time, as it's even more unpleasant an experience for a youngster like my son.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 11:05:25 PM »
Pathetic behaviour

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 11:13:33 PM »
My lad is too young to take to away games but always asks what the songs are and what they mean at home games.

How are you meant to explain these FFS?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »
The racist chanting goes nicely with the toilet smoking and coke snorting en masse that makes a section of our away support so endearing.

Online darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 09:40:44 AM »
When I heard it I was disgusted why do these young people have this attitude of singing racists songs at our club and with the video doing the rounds on social media the club will take a look I should imagine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal