collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Rogers - Signed  (Read 44684 times)

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed
« Reply #645 on: April 15, 2024, 11:32:40 AM »
The overall value of the players left from Smith and Stevie G must be worth £100s of millions of pounds more than they were. Even if needed for FFP/PSR we're in a much better situation having to only sell one or 2 in necessary rather than half the squad. Incredible times.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #646 on: April 15, 2024, 11:35:27 AM »
There's a lot of young talented players out there that will see how our manager vastly improves players and will be open to joining us.

I do think this is an often-missed aspect of our recruitment policy.  I'm sure players have a hundred different things going through their minds when moving clubs, not least "how much am I being paid" - but surely ANY player with a bit of self-confidence would be looking at what Emery has done in the last 18  months and be thinking "I wonder what he could do with me?"

Ollie on the verge of a 20-goal premier league season
Bailey becoming the most productive winger in the league
Konsa into the England team
Rogers plucked from the Championship to looking like a top-4 player
Dougie now among the best midfielders in Europe

I don't think there is a single player who has gone backwards? It feels like every player with at least 20 games under him is now better than when he arrived.

Surely that HAS to factor pretty heavily into your thinking if you're an ambitious player confident in your own ability?

Callum Chambers at a stretch.

And our Hause but he's been crocked innit. Plus he has a music career to consider.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #647 on: April 15, 2024, 11:43:59 AM »
I don't think anybody has gone backwards as such. The squad has got better players in it, so the likes of Chambers don't get much game time, and when they do you're reminded of how bang average they are. Diaby needs to do a lot better next season, and Moreno isn't as good as he was last year. Just about everybody else though, has come on leaps and bounds.

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

« Reply #648 on: April 15, 2024, 11:44:58 AM »
As well as taking the ball in and running with it he plays some lovely first time touches.

Having the ability to do both and know when is the right time for either manoeuvre is the hall mark of a top natural talent.

What a signing. Great he’s a local lad to boot.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #649 on: April 15, 2024, 11:47:00 AM »
I don't think anybody has gone backwards as such. The squad has got better players in it, so the likes of Chambers don't get much game time, and when they do you're reminded of how bang average they are. Diaby needs to do a lot better next season, and Moreno isn't as good as he was last year. Just about everybody else though, has come on leaps and bounds.

I think in the case of Chambers he's particularly not suited to the way Emery plays hence me saying he's the one you could argue has gone backwards, but it's a moot point as he's very much a fringe player.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #650 on: April 15, 2024, 11:50:58 AM »
As well as taking the ball in and running with it he plays some lovely first time touches.

Having the ability to do both and know when is the right time for either manoeuvre is the hall mark of a top natural talent.

What a signing. Great he’s a local lad to boot.
That is what has surprised me.  He initially looked good running with the ball but I was concerned about the rest of his game.  Seeing how quickly he has got up to speed with the passing game under extreme pressure has really impressed me.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #651 on: April 15, 2024, 11:51:07 AM »

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #652 on: April 15, 2024, 11:51:09 AM »

With Moreno there are two factors at play I think, one is his injury.  Six months out with a significant hamstring injury to a player who relies on pace is going to have an impact when returning reaching his previous levels, and secondly the form of Digne, who has (like so many others) been excellent under Emery this season when it looked like his time with us could be up. 

So if he isn't as good as he was last year (and I agree that he isn't), I do think it's mostly down to him not playing his way back into form following a significant injury more than anything else.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #653 on: April 15, 2024, 11:54:41 AM »

With Moreno there are two factors at play I think, one is his injury.  Six months out with a significant hamstring injury to a player who relies on pace is going to have an impact when returning reaching his previous levels, and secondly the form of Digne, who has (like so many others) been excellent under Emery this season when it looked like his time with us could be up. 

So if he isn't as good as he was last year (and I agree that he isn't), I do think it's mostly down to him not playing his way back into form following a significant injury more than anything else.

Another factor with Moreno is he's missed Ramsey who created a shit tonne of space for him to exploit.

Ramsey has been the big miss this season for me, had he been available all season after the way he finished last I think we'd genuinely be in the title race and he'd be a shoe-in for the Euros.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #654 on: April 15, 2024, 11:57:34 AM »
Another factor with Moreno is he's missed Ramsey who created a shit tonne of space for him to exploit.

Ramsey has been the big miss this season for me, had he been available all season after the way he finished last I think we'd genuinely be in the title race and he'd be a shoe-in for the Euros.

Agreed Lee. I think most of the time we've got the points we deserve and when you look at games like Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs (home) we were well beaten. I'd argue that we *should* have got more points against Sheff U at home, Man U away and Brentford at home. 7 more points from that and we'd be right in the title race.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #655 on: April 15, 2024, 10:46:20 PM »
https://x.com/buendiazboyz/status/1779816669285634328

Worth a look

Might just have been the match situations, but he seemed to be on the right a lot in that compilation rather then the left. His spin and dink to Bailey in the tight situation was exquisite.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #656 on: April 15, 2024, 10:50:57 PM »

Just one thing on Diaby. Clearly he’s had his struggles, but he’s got something like 5 goals and 7 assists. That’s pretty good for his first season here.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #657 on: April 15, 2024, 10:56:52 PM »

Just one thing on Diaby. Clearly he’s had his struggles, but he’s got something like 5 goals and 7 assists. That’s pretty good for his first season here.

For comparison, Bailey didn't reach those figures in total until this season. First season which was injury-ridden he got 1 goal and two assists in 18 appearances. Then 4 goals and 4 assists last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal